Author Topic: Pulled back for ~3 months, but stopped  (Read 884 times)

Offline intactBoi

• View Profile
Pulled back for ~3 months, but stopped
« on: 2019-04-13 13:28:59 »
Hey yall, this is my first post on this forum. Very glad I found it!
I had never heard of autocircumcision until finding this forum and started pulling back because it seemed interesting, and also to cure a case of balanitis (or so I was told it was balanitis, the doctor was wearing a yamaka so I really felt like he had no idea about the foreskin. He also just googled symptoms in front of me and didn't really seem to know what he was talking about). I used clotrimazol (anti-fungal) and it didn't seem to help. I had some redness on my glans and I wasn't sure the cause, was worried it was from having unprotected sex with a girl I didn't know... Got tested twice, no chlamydia/gonorrhea. Waiting on tests for HIV/syphilis after waiting 3 months after exposure. Wondering if I should be tested for more stds?

I enjoyed pulling back for while, it was tough and hurt at times. I made rings out of old shirts to keep my foreskin pulled back. There was more irritation and redness, but nothing serious.  It was exciting being able to be retracted until I noticed though that the redness didn't go away, and that my meatus has become more red. I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed hydro-cortisone, and said it may be due to psoriasis(I didn't give her any details about retraction, it was kinda awkward talking about my foreskin issues in front of two women.. I'm in US where there is definitely stigma I've felt my whole life about having an intact penis). It's been a little over two weeks, and the hydro-cortisone cream does not seem to be helping. I've also been using more clotrimazole while using the hydro-cortisone..

Anyways, I've attached some pictures and am wondering is this normal redness from trying autocirc? I want to continue pulling back, but I'm not sure if I should because of this? Any advice on how to move forward/reduce redness/experiences of redness being reduced are welcome!

Offline soundsgreat87

• View Profile
Re: Pulled back for ~3 months, but stopped
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-13 17:47:35 »
Ooh boy. Always gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when you pay a doctor absurd amounts of money so they can just google things right in front of you, huh?  ::)

So, the redness: are there any other symptoms besides the color change? Has it changed size?

Offline intactBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-14 00:33:28 »
Yeah right... Nope, size is the same. It's weird because it seems to be redder after I pee sometimes.. I hope it's note any std symptoms, I'm waiting on some test results..

Thanks for your reply!

Offline soundsgreat87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-04-14 03:42:54 »
If there are no other symptoms, it could be... nothing. Like you were wondering, it might be irritation from staying retracted. Your pee hole is even more sensitive than your glans.

Offline intactBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-04-14 12:02:09 »
Yeah that is what I'm hoping. It makes sense.

I realized that I didn't actually show any pictures of the old pee-hole above..

I should mention that when I went to the dermatologist, she did say it was not an STD...

Offline soundsgreat87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-04-14 17:17:35 »
Yeah, I wouldn't really worry. I mean, wait for the test results, but still. ;P

Offline intactBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-04-15 13:47:59 »
Sweet, well it's just reassuring to hear that.