Author Topic: Hair issue  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Proscar

• NSFW Access
Hair issue
« on: 2023-05-08 11:39:07 »
After searching thru the forum, did not find new information hence posting this for guidance from the more experienced members.

Day 3 into pulled back, and the hair is irritating the very sensitive glan, and getting in the way of trying any tape.

Being Asian, think definitely a grower that shrinks most of the time, so the hair is really in the way.

Done some research, and the options include a full boyzilian (everything off). Can be done with intense pulse light, waxing or just stick to shaving?

Offline Retraction

• NSFW Access
Re: Hair issue
« Reply #1 on: 2023-05-08 13:35:36 »
I prefer to trim.

Offline slicendice

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2023-05-09 02:11:17 »
you can try shaving (cheapest), or using one of those less-irritating depilatory lotions/creams if your pubic and scrotal skin isn't that sensitive (try a spot test first).. "salon"-based hair removal for men can be quite intimidating, and costly here..

i've personally tried shaving, commercial wax strips, and various depilatory lotions and creams..

shaving is the cheapest method, and you can go very far with a good sharp razor, but it doesn't really help to manage the problem of regrowth.. regrown hair comes in the same thickness, density, and speed, and the risk of ingrown hairs is very real (which may result in swollen bumps or pimples where the hair grows inwards instead of outwards)..

commercial wax strips pull the hairs out at the roots, but is time consuming, and pulling the hairs out means there's some pain to manage.. also the end result isn't always as "clean", meaning we do have to go in with tweezers to remove the stray hairs which don't get pulled out (more pain).. however, hair regrowth takes a bit more time, but we get finer hairs..

depilatory lotions/creams is quite effective in opening up the pores to the hair roots to remove the hair, but some of them can be quite irritating, especially for sensitive skin like the scrotum and the darker skin between the thighs.. also, leaving the lotions/creams on the skin for the prescribed amount of time would result in the hair being being easily removed, but might result in even more sensitive or "burned" skin.. and not leaving the lotion/creams on for long enough is just a waste of time and money, as the hair may appear to be unaffected and stays on after washing the lotion/cream off.. there may also be some stubborn hairs which take longer, or are not removed immediately, which may require going in with tweezers or fingers to remove, but it's painless as the pores to the hair roots have been opened up.. regrowth takes a similar time to wax strips, and the result is finer hairs..

salon-based sugaring, waxing or IPL is a hands-off approach, but is costly.. also there's the discomfort factor of someone else (could be female) performing it on us, and the higher costs, as well as the possibility of most of those salons hard-selling costly "packages" to ensure that we come back to them is a definite downside to this option..

personally, i prefer using depilatory foam to remove the hair, then maintaining the regrowth with a shaver until the hair becomes thicker, then going in with the foam again..

Offline Proscar

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2023-05-09 09:23:20 »
Thank you for the detailed comment. I bought one of those Phillips trimmer, works well, but I hope don't have skin itch! Otherwise not only have to deal with sensitive glan but skin too!  :(

Offline Livingwithglansonair

• NSFW Access
  • Hi, I'm 23 y.o. boy.
« Reply #4 on: 2023-05-09 16:00:41 »
I prefer shaved pubes. Ím shaving it every 3days.
Hi. I'm 23 y.o. guy. I found this web when I was looking for informations about pulling foreskin back. Now I'm there and I want to discuss about this problem on this web.

Offline BenTwilley

• NSFW Access
  • Pulled back over 30 years. Stays there now.
« Reply #5 on: 2023-05-11 09:23:46 »
You say you are Asian. From experience, I would hazard that the ‘shaved’ look might not be quite right. I would suggest shaving your scrotum and penile shaft, and then giving your ‘pubes’ a good trim with  a trimmer on a relatively low setting. It will stop hairs getting caught, but won’t detract from your Asian heritage look.
Ben Twilley

Offline Proscar

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2023-05-12 02:34:12 »
Ah, yes, tks for reminder. Indeed not so common, but we also have very few occasions of communal bath. No onsen like Japan. Trimming with the clipper seems to work so far, but glan still sensitive coming to a week now. Good thing is at least it has stayed retracted for the last 1 week just using the pull back method. Never occur to me till I stumble across this forum. It is much cleaner though, no more segma nor odour in this hot and humid climate of ours.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2023-05-12 09:46:12 »
You say you are Asian. From experience, I would hazard that the ‘shaved’ look might not be quite right. I would suggest shaving your scrotum and penile shaft, and then giving your ‘pubes’ a good trim with  a trimmer on a relatively low setting. It will stop hairs getting caught, but won’t detract from your Asian heritage look.

Yes its better to shave as hair can cause issues
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline BenTwilley

• NSFW Access
  • Pulled back over 30 years. Stays there now.
« Reply #8 on: 2023-05-12 16:00:26 »
Ah, yes, tks for reminder. Indeed not so common, but we also have very few occasions of communal bath. No onsen like Japan. Trimming with the clipper seems to work so far, but glan still sensitive coming to a week now. Good thing is at least it has stayed retracted for the last 1 week just using the pull back method. Never occur to me till I stumble across this forum. It is much cleaner though, no more segma nor odour in this hot and humid climate of ours.

Well spotted, yes my 'Asian knowledge' is based on visits to Onsens in Japan. If you've managed 7 days retraction, you're doing well. If you can do it, I think just pulling back is better training for permanence. You'll probably have to put up with a sensitive glans for a bit longer, but stick with it, it's worth it. I'm a great advocate of Surgical Spirit, try applying that to your inner foreskin. It will slowly dry it, and in time thicken the skin slightly which will help prevent the foreskin rolling forward. Best advice of all - stick with it, you're doing ok.
Ben Twilley