Author Topic: My frenuloplasty surgery situation, mixed feelings, two years after surgery.  (Read 6183 times)

Offline Marius

• NSFW Access
English is not my native language and as I am writing this I am struggling to make my points and being nuanced, so please bare with me...

About two years ago I had frenuloplasty surgery performed on me, I had been in contact with the hospital for about 6 months due to that I was experiencing pains in my penis when masturbating, but even when not active and when peeing there was lingering pain in the background that I could live with, but not ignore.

So, when the doctor examined me I was no extreme case of frenulum breve, but allthough my frenulum pulled the glans down, so they could not rule out that the pain was caused due to tension.

I was given the option of combined circumcision and frenuloplasty, or just frenuloplasty.

Since I like my foreskin and the sensations it provides I choose just to perform a frenuloplasty.

The operation was performed under local anestethic and was not to bad, two shots in at the base and one close to the glans, not sure what the technique is called, but they burnt the frenulum.

I needed no stitches to close the frenulum, all together it was easy surgery.

After about a month there was no open wound and allmost alltogether healed, even tough the scar tissue was still fresh and sensistive to the touch, and did not look all to nice.

At my request a doctor with long experience looked at it about 19 months after the surgery, and noted that the foreskin easily retracts and astetchically it´s ok. Some scar tissue remains but that´s to be expected.

I am still not pleased with the whole situation mainly due to three things:

1)  Since the foreskin lacks guidance from the frenulum, it tends to bunch up into layers and scrunge up.
2) When the foreskin is retracted, the glans is very sensitive to the touch, almost painful, even when lubricated.
3) The scar tissue is still sensitive to the touch.

This has me thinking about the consideration of a full circumcision, if that is a viable option to reduce the alltogether sensitivity, so that it can bare to be touched freely.

I do not have a partner at the time being, I am happy living as a single person, and my sex life (before and after surgery) consists of masturbation.

Have you undergone frenuloplasty and what was your experience? Did you end up circumsised or was your results pleasing?

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure I understand.  I mean, you're not the first person I read who says "my glans is unbearably sensitive, I'm thinking of doing a full circumcision to fix that", and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Other than, sure, it does fix it because it forces you to have the head uncovered all the time, no escape.

But you can do the same by just pulling the skin back and keeping it back with the various methods all over the net (or collected by soundsgreat here in one of the pinned topics) :)  So there's that part done.  You can always stop and you can always go back to the covered state.  If your foreskin is otherwise long enough (not sure from your description), it should stay on the head on its own regardless of there being a frenulum or not.

So then the issue with the bunched up foreskin.  That is to be expected, usually with loose or nonexistent frenulum the foreskin has an easier time to roll over itself and then cover improperly.  You can try to pull on it and then it'll slip forward and cover like it used to.

I guess if you pull back to reveal the whole glans, the foreskin should typically sit the same way as it used to (at least when viewed from the top).  You can try to use the so-called spoon method to fold the foreskin, it might look better for you.  Hard to say without seeing it.

As for the third one: if the surgery area is still too sensitive and it bothers you, you should consult your doctor and ask if there is anything they could do to the remains of your frenulum.

Offline soundsgreat87

Yeah, I'm not sure why circumcision is the solution either. Have you skinned back in the time since your frenuloplasty?

Some guys just seem to have really sensitive cocks, but if your glans is painfully sensitive, exposing it and rubbing it will help.

Offline Marius

• NSFW Access
First off I am perhaps not that person that can commit to the rutine of pulling back and being consistent in my pursuit, with that said I have tried the spoon method on a few occasions and fore me I get a numbing sensation sort of like when you put a rubberband over a finger, feels like I am restricting blood flow.

And it´s not very smooth and on the bottom part the skins tends to fold over it self.

Offline Marius

• NSFW Access
Kylar, what I was meaning about circumcision  is that at in everyday life my glans is still sensitive to the touch due to being covered, but when masturbating the foreskin does not stimulate as I was being used to before the surgery.

So I sort of feel like I am getting the worst of both scenarios, the head is to sensistive to come in contact with and masturbate like a cut man.

And when masturbating using the foreskin it tends to bunch up and getting caught on it self, not rolling smoothly.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
I would guess at least that leaving the cockhead outside for a longer time will reduce its sensitivity and as such possibly improve masturbation for you.

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
Marius bro,

I'm sorry for the frustration you're having with things. I definitely think circumcision is NOT the answer to your problems. I'm trying to imagine what is getting in the way of good masturbation. Even if your foreskin doesn't just smoothly glide over the head, that can still be pleasant masturbation. Sometimes I do basically the spoon method, but then glide the SHAFT skin forward over the corona of the head, including over the hidden foreskin (which gets stimulated too. No direct contact with the head itself, but it stimulates the ridged band (where your inner and outer foreskin meet). I recommend vitamin E oil on your frenulum scar to make things smoother. I still can't quite  completely visualize what problems you are having.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
I would guess at least that leaving the cockhead outside for a longer time will reduce its sensitivity and as such possibly improve masturbation for you.
I would agree, i read this and thought, why did you not have a circ at the time and ten later its to sensitive, So agree with Kylar
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline Marius

• NSFW Access
Marius bro,

I'm sorry for the frustration you're having with things. I definitely think circumcision is NOT the answer to your problems. I'm trying to imagine what is getting in the way of good masturbation. Even if your foreskin doesn't just smoothly glide over the head, that can still be pleasant masturbation. Sometimes I do basically the spoon method, but then glide the SHAFT skin forward over the corona of the head, including over the hidden foreskin (which gets stimulated too. No direct contact with the head itself, but it stimulates the ridged band (where your inner and outer foreskin meet). I recommend vitamin E oil on your frenulum scar to make things smoother. I still can't quite  completely visualize what problems you are having.

I realise that sooner or later I will have to get to the point that I´ll have to post pictures in order to better communicate my situation.

If I decide to contact my hospital again, I will insist on having it documented for further evaluation. So far there has been no documentation in my case, other then my own amateur attempts, something I regret.

I can tell by looking at the inside of the foreskin were the cut was made, and basically above the cut there is little or no pleasant stimuli. The ridged band does not seem to function as before.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
Maybe there's some nerve damage? Not too sure. :/  would be unfortunate if there is some.  Two years really ought to be enough for things to heal so I guess there's something that isn't right there on the site of the surgery.

Offline SilverHawk

• NSFW Access
Marius can you post us some pictures? I hope we can help.

But if the surgery got bad i suggest you visit another doctor not the same one you had your surgery done. And i suggest you check if he's a good doctor so that he can give a better advice.

Offline Marius

• NSFW Access
I am building my courage to contact the hospital were the surgery was performed, like I said in the first post it was revised about 8 months ago.

What I gathered from that meeting is (I have read my journal) is that the surgery wound seems to have healed ok, I asked about a partial cirumsion and was adviced against it, informed about the risks and about it.

The whole meeting took about 5 minutes and allthough they treated me with respect, I still felt that we did not connect and saw eye to eye.

Back to square one, from what I have gathered with the help of google is if your having trouble with your frenulum, and manual streching has been ruled out the surgeons have three options.

1) Make a very small cut were the frenulum meets the glans and just try relieve the tension.

2) Release the frenulum from the glans and lenghten the remains towars the shaft, do reconstruction with stitches to make it appearance of a frenulum.

3) Remove as much as possible, going for a smooth inner foreskin and shaft.

What is best must of course be up to surgeon to judge frome time to time.

I feel like nr 2 was performed on me, and that I am leaft with some scar tissue of what remains that is painfull to touch, and since my foreskins retracts all the way now and I feel like masturbation with the foreskin is not satisfying.

When my hand comes in contact with the glans or the inner foreskin/frenulum, it´s feels painful.

I will get back when I have a date setup for my next consultation.

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
Marius. The sensitivity is something you have to deal with for a while in order for it to become less sensitive and more pleasurable. Do things with friction on the glans and inner foreskin that are uncomfortable or slightly painful. You don't have to keep the foreskin retracted all the time. Start with just a few minutes a day, brushing the head with a soft material. When that starts to feel good rather than painful, you can rub a bit harder, for longer time, or use a rougher material or your hand.

In just a week or so, I think you would find your painful sensitivity problem gone, replaced with pleasurable feelings.
Permanently retracted since September of 2010.