News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Swelling on my foreskin

Started by PvD, 2015-12-01 21:53:59

Previous topic - Next topic

PvD

At Monday I started to pull back my foreskin and it was a little bit strange to use but not a big deal. After 2 days a few minutes ago I found a swelling on my foreskin. Anybody met similar cases after used pulled back? I attached 2 pictures.

jdm

Quote from: PvD on 2015-12-01 21:53:59
At Monday I started to pull back my foreskin and it was a little bit strange to use but not a big deal. After 2 days a few minutes ago I found a swelling on my foreskin. Anybody met similar cases after used pulled back? I attached 2 pictures.

This is not unusual for beginners, and nothing to worry about. Many of us experience minor swelling of the foreskin early on in the process. If it's causing any discomfort, you should probably return the foreskin to the forward position and give it a break for a while. Once the swelling has gone down, and it feels OK, you can start retracting again. This may happen repeatedly for a while until your foreskin adapts to the new position and exposure. Gradually you will be able to keep the foreskin pulled back longer and longer without swelling or discomfort.

soundsgreat87

Exactly. You'd be surprised how quickly your foreskin opening will stretch out, too; it only took a couple months for my foreskin to become noticeably looser.

PvD

Thanks guys. Yesterday after 2 hours already gond. At night I sleep with forward and now again backard.

petermaior

Ok, i just wanted to know, how its now. In the meantime any progress concerning the swelling?

L

this looks like a very mild case of paraphimosis. Contrary to phimosis where the foreskin can not be retracted as the tip's opening is too small, with paraphimosis the skin can not be forwarded over the glans. Causes of paraphimosis can be a tightish ridged band, rough handling (masturbation, hand job etc.) and even the spoon method. When left alone, the light swelling will go away by itself.

Aftskin

Quote from: DrL on 2018-12-23 11:31:38
this looks like a very mild case of paraphimosis. Contrary to phimosis where the foreskin can not be retracted as the tip's opening is too small, with paraphimosis the skin can not be forwarded over the glans. Causes of paraphimosis can be a tightish ridged band, rough handling (masturbation, hand job etc.) and even the spoon method. When left alone, the light swelling will go away by itself.

It's not paraphimosis at all if you can easily put the foreskin forward again. It is just a very small Edema caused by blood vessels in the skin not being used to being folded or bunched up in a different way to usual. A large amount of Edema can cause paraphimosis but that is very unlikely to happen if your foreskin is easily retractable.

When I first started, after the first couple of times getting the swelling and putting it forward again until it went down, I just began to leave it back and not worry about any swelling as the foreskin could still easily go forward again. I think that is the quickest way to stop getting reoccurring swelling.
Permanently retracted since September of 2010.

petermaior

Thank you for your reactions. Its so good to read your opinions about this. I still get swelling and i hope it will disappear. As i read your posts, it will.

Georgek

I don't know if I should make a new topic but my problem is related so I post here. I am retracting for 15 days now and I didn't have a swelling problem on my foreskin until now. In the morning I woke up and felt my skin swollen. It's not that big as the photos of others I saw but it's like it has a slight change of color like it's bruised. I will attach photos but I don't know if you can see it very well. Do you believe that it can be anything else?

retreactor

It is difficult to see any swelling, really. I What  retraction method do you use?
A retractor's quest is never complete.

Georgek

I use a homemade hair band ring and if possible I just retract the skin and hope to stay for some time back. It's not exactly swelling it's like the skin is a bit bruised in the area but maybe the quality of the the photo is not good enough. Anyway right now I just noticed something else. One the one side of my penis I noticed that it's irritated and has become red and if I touch it the texture is not normal. I will attach a photo but I don't know if you can see what I mean cause of the quality 😐

RushAss

I have a similar issue, and would appreciate any solutions you have. I am using a homemade cock ring made out of soft plastic, but after a few days of wearing it, the area under the glans on the inner foreskin, where the ring sits, has a small bruised area, and a small cut, making it painful to wear. The ring itself is not very tight. Any suggestions?

Georgek

Are you wearing it 24/7? I don't because it can cause problem with the bloodstream in the area

retreactor

Yep, that is different now, the skin is clearly irritated and I would suggest you stop retracting for a while. Should be over in a few days, but use the soft non-alkaline soap for higiene, with a bit of Bepanthene cream from a pharmcy (it should be available OTC) before covering it.
These home-made and home-cut rings can be problematic sometimes because it is difficult
to cut them smooth and without edges which rub against the very delicate soft wet tissue of the glans and foreskin. On top, they are not intended for such use and may contain all kinds of chemicals which only make things worse.
I have been using soft hair rings 24/7 for almost six months now, with no problems whatsoever. For one thing, it must not be too tight, or it will press too much. Perhaps you may want to look for my post here and find some useful ideas.
Just don't give up!
A retractor's quest is never complete.

Georgek

Hmm I see. Thanks for your help I will ask again if I have any trouble and I will let you know about my progress.