Author Topic: New method inspired by Halloween!  (Read 34938 times)

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
Re: New method inspired by Halloween!
« Reply #15 on: 2016-10-21 05:43:41 »

Question, how does one submit a single file? When I tried just now, it appeared my whole file was submitted, not just the diagram I intended.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you are experiencing. Here are some basic step-by-step instructions for uploading attachments.

Under the main text field, there is a link called "Attachments and other options." Click that, and you will be presented with a section designated "Attach:" Under that there will be a button marked "Choose File". Click that, and select the file you wish to upload. If you want to upload more than one file, click on the link marked "(more attachments)". Select each file you wish to upload individually, as a separate attachment. There is a limit of four attachments per post, and a maximum individual file size limit of 1024KB. I hope that helps. If not, please clarify your question.

Looking forward to your diagram. :) 

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: 2016-10-22 20:36:02 »
Question, how does one submit a single file? When I tried just now, it appeared my whole file was submitted, not just the diagram I intended.

I'm not sure what you mean, the uploader only every uploads single files, never parts of files.  Just like every other file upload on the web ever :)  Crop the image first and try again.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #17 on: 2016-10-23 05:01:46 »
JDM, I did do the steps that you gave for attaching a file, exactly. When I clicked on "Attach File" it brought me to "Downloads" in my computer. I then clicked on the file to attach. I then posted the entry. My entire "Download" screen listings showed up in the post, without showing only the illustration file. My "Download " file is of no interest, so I hastily had the post deleted. To post a file, is this normal, and the intended file is attached so that it only will be seen? That was why I was wondering what I did wrong. Or do I have a mean bug in my computer?

Thanks for the advice, JDM.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #18 on: 2016-10-23 05:23:01 »
My entire "Download" screen listings showed up in the post

...what the heck?

Can you explain that a bit more?

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #19 on: 2016-10-23 21:14:54 »
...what the heck?

Can you explain that a bit more?

Yeah I don't see how that is possible. Only one file can go in each each of the four attachment boxes. How can a whole folder of files fit in one attachment as a single file?

Hazeleye, did you check the file name in the attachment box after you selected it? Did your post look like it had a print screen image of your downloads folder? Is that what you mean by screen listings?
Permanently retracted since September of 2010.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #20 on: 2016-10-25 04:44:18 »
I tried to submit the illustration again. When I am directed to attach a file, I am taken to the Downloads folder of my computer, where icons of files are shown with their identifying lines below. When I transmitted the file with the attachment, instead of the illustration showing up on the screen, at the bottom of the submitted screen was the outlined file name. When you click on that line, the entire set of icons in the Documents folder shows up on the screen instead of the illustration. I fail to see how you will be getting the illustration instead of my entire folder listings.

Weird. I have never posted photos/illustrations here but have had no problem transmitting files from Documents folder through other sites. In Downloads, do you open the file first, then attach? Will try that. No, that didn't work.

Those that transmit photos, etc., when you click on "Choose File" what folder are you directed to for the attachment and in what form -- icon/identify line or the actual photo/illustration? On your computers to attach files are you directed to a different folder than Documents?

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: 2016-10-25 18:24:27 »
When you click the "Browse..." button, a window opens that allows you to select one file, typically the folder that is opened is the last one your browser has been to, which might as well be your Downloads folder.  You then select a file (typically by double-clicking) and the window will close and the file shall appear to be chosen in the attachment thingy next to the "Browse..." button.  Then you press Send and that's when your post and your chosen file will be submitted.  This is also how most websites worked before someone invented a way to accept files by drag & drop.  This old forum engine does not support that.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #22 on: 2016-10-26 04:36:30 »
When you click the "Browse..." button, a window opens that allows you to select one file, typically the folder that is opened is the last one your browser has been to, which might as well be your Downloads folder.  You then select a file (typically by double-clicking) and the window will close and the file shall appear to be chosen in the attachment thingy next to the "Browse..." button.  Then you press Send and that's when your post and your chosen file will be submitted.

Kyler, when you say "click the 'Browse...' button", I take it you mean "Choose File" under "Attach:". I do so, and that brings me to Downloads folder. Even if I then go back to Documents (which, as you suggest, comes up next when I have just been in it), where the file was first placed and click on that tag line, I get the indication that this file has been chosen. I then press "Post" and my message shows up having been added to the message board with the tag line showing at the bottom to click on and no illustration showing. I then click on the tag line and my entire icons from the Downloads folder then shows up. If you want to see my Downloads folder, I will leave it up instead of deleting. Or is it that you will see my illustration and all I see is my entire Downloads file in the final post?

It would appear to me that I am doing every thing correctly from the very beginning and still getting the same result, no matter.

Bottom line, I give up trying to post any photo/illustration here, since it does not work for me.

Thank you all.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-26 04:43:19 by Hazeleye »

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #23 on: 2016-10-26 23:23:31 »
Kyler, when you say "click the 'Browse...' button", I take it you mean "Choose File" under "Attach:". I do so, and that brings me to Downloads folder. Even if I then go back to Documents (which, as you suggest, comes up next when I have just been in it), where the file was first placed and click on that tag line, I get the indication that this file has been chosen. I then press "Post" and my message shows up having been added to the message board with the tag line showing at the bottom to click on and no illustration showing. I then click on the tag line and my entire icons from the Downloads folder then shows up. If you want to see my Downloads folder, I will leave it up instead of deleting. Or is it that you will see my illustration and all I see is my entire Downloads file in the final post?

It would appear to me that I am doing every thing correctly from the very beginning and still getting the same result, no matter.

Bottom line, I give up trying to post any photo/illustration here, since it does not work for me.

Thank you all.

So you are looking at your post and you click on the attached file, and that file name is the one you wanted to be attached, and you then get your downloads folder pop up?
 Sounds to me like your pc is just asking to download a copy of your own file into your downloads folder. No one else would see your downloads folder in this case, they would see their own download folder which they would download your attached file into.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #24 on: 2016-10-27 16:50:44 »
So you are looking at your post and you click on the attached file, and that file name is the one you wanted to be attached, and you then get your downloads folder pop up?
 Sounds to me like your pc is just asking to download a copy of your own file into your downloads folder. No one else would see your downloads folder in this case, they would see their own download folder which they would download your attached file into.

Aftskin, are you saying while others are showing photos/illustrations directly in their postings that I will be transmitting only the tag line to other pcs for that illustration and they have to open it from their Downloads folder? That they would not be seeing my Downloads file listings, as I do when viewing the final posting. I would think that what you see in final posting is exactly what I see. If that be the case, how are other posters showing photos/illustrations in their postings and I can't?

It could be that my computer has been compromised, and I need to get it in anyway to have it checked out.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: 2016-10-27 20:10:58 »
There's no way we, on this forum, can see your downloads folder (or any other folder), so no worries about that.  It might be what Aftskin says, maybe the image doesn't display but when you click on it (or the placeholder text anyway), your browser attempts to download the file, and provides you with a very similar file dialog as when you try to upload the file.  On Windows (and Firefox, not sure if the browser has any power over this) the title of these two windows is "File upload" and "Enter name of file to save to...", i.e. clearly serving a different purpose.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #26 on: 2016-10-28 03:07:01 »
For what the illustration is worth, after all that, I will complete the posting on making a latex cock ring. Its just that I was expecting the illustration to be shown like other postings, not just the tag line.

Thanks for the info and patience!

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #27 on: 2016-10-28 03:43:20 »
For what the illustration is worth, after all that, I will complete the posting on making a latex cock ring. Its just that I was expecting the illustration to be shown like other postings, not just the tag line.

Thanks for the info and patience!

You're welcome  :)

I downloaded and saw your illustration. It worked fine. The forum here can't display PDF files, that's why it needs to be downloaded to see it.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #28 on: 2016-11-03 03:03:16 »
Hi, Hazeleye. Sorry I've been absent from this discussion. I would've tried to help, but I've been sick, and not on the site for a while. Thanks to all the others who tried to help. Glad you finally managed to post your picture. It did help me to better understand what you did, and it is different than I'd imagined. I thought you were creating a sort of tube that you would wear to cover your entire shaft, while keeping the skin back. Now I see that you were wearing it rolled up into a ring just behind that glans. It might be interesting to make an appliance like I'd imagined though. Sort of like a bald cap to hide your foreskin instead of your hair! ;D  Another Halloween makeup inspired method! ;)

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #29 on: 2016-11-07 05:08:31 »
JDM, since I sent the diagram about making latex rings, I got to thinking, what with the balloon methods and others on here, why not go a little further. I decided I would try instead of making 1 ring, use a longer core and roll the latex from each end, leaving a tube effect in the middle. I may need to try a larger core so the bands are looser, but with body oils/moisture, the bands do get larger and freer over time. If anyone wants more info on the process, give a shout.