Author Topic: Terminology  (Read 6801 times)

guest90

Terminology
« on: 2015-11-25 05:05:09 »
Hi.

Since English is not my mother tongue, I've been wanting to ask someone from English speaking countries about this.

Do you know if there is any other word of phrase to mean "corona of glans" and "Collum glandis (neck of glans)"? Like a lay term or something.

The reason why I'm asking this is because the word, for example, "corona" doesn't sound like an everyday word to me. It sounds too academic. So, I thought there may be a more common word( or slang?) to express the area.

Offline Turmion

Re: Terminology
« Reply #1 on: 2015-11-25 05:58:21 »
Do you know if there is any other word of phrase to mean "corona of glans"? Like a lay term or something.

Maybe "edge of glans"/"edge of the head" or so. ^^
Well, I'm not a native english speaker myself, so the the question remains...

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-25 06:52:37 »
Usually I heard guys calling it the "ridge" or "top ridge" of their glans.

guest90

« Reply #3 on: 2015-11-25 08:55:52 »
Maybe "edge of glans"/"edge of the head" or so. ^^
Well, I'm not a native english speaker myself, so the the question remains...

Usually I heard guys calling it the "ridge" or "top ridge" of their glans.

Thank you , Turmion & soundsgreat87!

Edge/ridge, I've never thought of that. These are the answers I was hoping!

Very helpful, thank you.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2015-11-25 21:32:46 »
Hi.

Since English is not my mother tongue, I've been wanting to ask someone from English speaking countries about this.

Do you know if there is any other word of phrase to mean "corona of glans" and "Collum glandis (neck of glans)"? Like a lay term or something.

The reason why I'm asking this is because the word, for example, "corona" doesn't sound like an everyday word to me. It sounds too academic. So, I thought there may be a more common word( or slang?) to express the area.

Frankly, "glans" isn't really a common word either. In USA, most people call it the "head" or "nob". In UK, they call it a "bell end". I have always heard the corona glandis referred to simply as the "corona" or the "rim". The collum glandis is also know as the coronal sulcus, and often called simply the "sulcus" or the "groove". But I think most people on this site are familiar with multiple terms, so you are likely to be understood however you call it. :)

guest90

« Reply #5 on: 2015-11-26 03:30:50 »
Thanks, jdm!

"Coronal sulcus" is a new word to me :)

Is it appropriate to say the sulcus is "deep"? Or should I use other adjectives?

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2015-11-26 09:22:31 »
Thanks, jdm!

"Coronal sulcus" is a new word to me :)

Is it appropriate to say the sulcus is "deep"? Or should I use other adjectives?

Sure, deep is fine.