News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Penis Piercings Q&A

Started by slicendice, 2023-09-06 06:22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Which piercings do you have (or had but retired)?

Foreskin
2 (9.1%)
Frenulum
5 (22.7%)
Frenum
8 (36.4%)
Prince Albert
13 (59.1%)
Dydoe
0 (0%)
Deep Prince Albert (aka Dolphin)
1 (4.5%)
Horizontal Double Deep Prince Albert (aka Horizontal Dolphin)
0 (0%)
Reverse Prince Albert
2 (9.1%)
Apadravya
1 (4.5%)
Ampallang
2 (9.1%)
Deep Reverse Prince Albert (or Shaft Reverse Prince Albert)
1 (4.5%)
Deep Ampallang (or Shaft Ampallang)
0 (0%)
Deep Dydoe (or Nefertiti)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

slicendice

I've decided to start a thread about penile piercings, since there seems to be quite an interest in them.

Simpler Piercings

NameDescriptionHealingPleasure
ForeskinThis is a piercing which only uncut folks can get, and has very little commitment. It typically goes through the edge of the covered foreskin, and was by design used in the ancient times as a means to secure their penis to their clothes to prevent it from flopping around during sports or warfare.As this piercing passes through very thin skin, and very little flesh, it heals pretty quickly, and has very little commitment.You may get some pleasure from the CBR rubbing your glans depending on where on the foreskin it's pierced, but it doesn't really provide much pleasure to you or your partner during sex.
FrenulumThis is a piercing which passes through the frenulum, and typically is just a prelude to frenulum cutting.As this piercing passes through the thinnest skin on the penis, it heals very quickly, and has very little commitment.Most people derive very little pleasure from this piercing, and because of the amount of skin it's pierced through, it doesn't hold up to much abuse. Eventually when the piercing tears out due to rough handling, you'll have effectively have a torn/cut frenulum.
FrenumThis piercing is like the frenulum, but involves more foreskin on both sides of the external urethra. It typically doesn't penetrate the urethra. For aesthetic reasons, most people don't stop at just one, but end up getting a frenum ladder down the urethra, just because it looks nicer.This piercing is similar to the foreskin, but located further down the penile shaft, along the external urethral bump. Healing is pretty quick.During sex, the barbells will rub the underside of the penis along the urethra, giving you some pleasure. It doesn't really do too much for your partner, because the piercings are performed along loose foreskin, so the barbells would more likely grip your partner's insides, anchoring themselves there, and only rubbing your shaft.
Prince AlbertThis piercing is usually done thru the bottom urethral ridge. This piercing takes a bit more time to heal than the foreskin piercings, but still heals pretty quickly because of the little flesh it passes through.Because of the location of this piercing, it would stimulate your urethral opening as it rubs, and stretch it out. Eventually when the urethral opening is stretched large enough for the ball to slip into the urethra, you will feel more pleasure as the ball rubs against the inside of the urethra. (Welcome to the pleasure of urethral stimulation!) This piercing doesn't really increase the pleasure of your partner though.
DydoeEnters the glans behind the coronal ridge, and exits nearby from the top of the glans. This piercing requires a significant coronal ridge as it requires enough flesh to be stable, lacking of which it would most likely migrate out during healing. This piercing is usually done in pairs on either side of the center, but can also be done as a single piercing in the center of the coronal ridge.This piercing passes through some flesh, but not as much as a Reverse Prince Albert, so the healing would be slightly faster than a Reverse Prince Albert.The rubbing of the barbells as the penis moves in and out of your partner would provide additional stimulation compared to just the soft coronal ridge.

More Advanced Piercings

NameDescriptionHealingPleasure
Deep Prince Albert (aka Dolphin)This piercing is like a cross between the PA and the Frenum, but is typically done central to the urethra, and penetrates the urethra.This piercing heals at around the same speed as a PA because of the little flesh it passes through.You would get more urethral stimulation from the rubbing of the barbell against the inner urethra.
Horizontal Double Deep Prince Albert (aka Horizontal Dolphin)This piercing is more rare, and is like a frenum piercing which penetrates the urethra twice. If you are thinking of getting a Deep PA, consider getting this instead. It looks like a frenum from the outside, but is anchored to the shaft through the urethra, making it more stable.This piercing heals at around the same speed as a PA because of the little flesh it passes through.This piercing would be more pleasurable for your partner because the balls of the barbell would rub them more, as they move in and out with your penis, as compared to the frenum.
Reverse Prince AlbertThis piercing passes through vertically through the center of the glans, and exits out through the urethra. Because of the amount of flesh the piercing passes through, the piercing is much more stable than the PA.This piercing has considerably more healing time as it passes through more flesh.This piercing will stimulate your glans and urethra, and will likely rub the g-spot of your partner during sex, enhancing both your pleasure. The piercing will also likely increase the size of the glans because of the constant stimulation provided to it, and because the size of the barbell/CBR adds to the girth of the glans.
ApadravyaThis is a combination of the Prince Albert and the Reverse Prince Albert, and is more stable than the PA because of the RPA half.This piercing has similar healing time as the Reverse Prince AlbertYou get the benefits of both the Prince Albert and Reverse Prince Albert.
AmpallangThis like a horizontal Apadravya, which passes through both lobes of the glans. Some piercers will choose to pass through the urethra leading to two separate piercings, while some piercers will choose to just pierce through the glans without exiting and re-entering the urethra. The version where the piercing passes through the urethra is more easily performed with a meatotomy or subincision, as the urethra is exposed where the piercing exits.This piercing has more healing time than the Reverse Prince Albert as it passes through more flesh.Either way the piercing is done (through the urethra or not), this piercing is very stable, and would rub the sides of your partner as the penis moves in and out.
Deep Reverse Prince Albert (or Shaft Reverse Prince Albert)This piercing is typically done centred, either just behind the coronal ridge, or anywhere along the shaft. The placement is avoid puncturing the cavernosa which may lead to lots of bleeding. This piercing is more easily performed with a meatotomy or subincision, as the urethra is exposed where the piercing exits. This piercing is more stable than the Reverse Prince Albert, because of the density of flesh it passes through.This piercing has more healing time than the Reverse Prince AlbertThis piercing would provide more pleasure for both you and your partner, because it rubs both your urethra and stimulates your glans all the time, while being able to hit the g-spot of your partner during sex.
Deep Ampallang (or Shaft Ampallang)This piercing is typically done horizontally behind the glans, on both sides of the coronal ridge. Most piercers will not choose to perform this piercing any deeper as it would definitely puncture both cavernosa, leading to lots of bleeding. This piercing is more easily performed with a meatotomy or subincision, as the urethra is exposed where the piercing exits.This piercing has more healing time than the Ampallang as it passes through more flesh.This piercing is very stable, and would rub the sides of your partner as the penis moves in and out.
Deep Dydoe (or Nefertiti)Enters the glans behind the coronal ridge, passes through the glans, and exits at the tip of the glans. This piercing requires a significant coronal ridge, where the ball would be located. This piercing is usually done in pairs on either side of the center, and is believed to provide similar stimulation to the glans as the Ampallang. This is a more stable version of the Dydoe.This piercing passes through much more flesh, and would require a longer healing time.The rubbing of the balls at the coronal ridge as the penis moves in and out of your partner would provide additional stimulation compared to just the soft coronal ridge.

I believe that most (if not all) of these piercings can be performed on an intact penis, although some piercers may choose to reject certain piercings,  believing that the foreskin may push the piercings, leading to their migration.

Hope this thread lives on, and can help to clarify your thoughts before you go out and get your own piercings. Feel free to add on to the thread, and ask questions.

slicendice

more info about male genital piercings

Stickler99

Yeah, I think you've got then all.
The only thing I would not agree with is where it says that the Prince Albert does not give much stimulation to your partner.
I have been told by the ladies that have tried mine that they got a great deal of stimulation which was very enjoyable.

HeroicGlance

Frenum first, as it assisted in keeping the foreskin back.  At one time, I had a three-rung ladder, but ditched them.

I got a PA strictly for sexual reasons - first with a ring, and was surprised at how much more efficient it was at keeping my foreskin retracted.  I've since switched to a curved barbell, because the ring was just annoying.
Retracting for 21 years. Heterosexual.

slicendice

Quote from: Stickler99 on 2023-09-07 08:27:58
Yeah, I think you've got then all.
The only thing I would not agree with is where it says that the Prince Albert does not give much stimulation to your partner.
I have been told by the ladies that have tried mine that they got a great deal of stimulation which was very enjoyable.

i'm guessing it would depend on the jewellery (CBR or barbell) and gauge size or ball size.. going large enough it would contribute more to stimulating the partner, but the wearer would probably feel more stimualtion when the inner urethra is being rubbed by the jewellery or the ball..

slicendice

Quote from: HeroicGlance on 2023-09-08 02:16:37
Frenum first, as it assisted in keeping the foreskin back.  At one time, I had a three-rung ladder, but ditched them.

I got a PA strictly for sexual reasons - first with a ring, and was surprised at how much more efficient it was at keeping my foreskin retracted.  I've since switched to a curved barbell, because the ring was just annoying.

frenums probably help to keep the foreskin "back" because they cause a stretch in the foreskin where they are pierced, and healing the piercings would cause some skin shrinkage, which probably tightens it up..

larger PA rings would probably prevent the foreskin from rolling back, at the cost of being large and clunky..
doing deeper (down the shaft) PAs would probably achieve a better result of anchoring the foreskin (from the bottom) to the urethra, preventing the rest of the foreskin from rolling back, at the cost of less foreskin mobility..

dydoes, deep dydoes, deep apadravyas, and deep reverse PAs are also located at ideal locations (at the coronal ridge) for keeping foreskin back, at the cost of pressure from the foreskin trying to roll back.. especially when the balls are large enough to block the foreskin..

i have a deep reverse PA (in the coronal ridge) with a partial subincision which does it's job well.. and putting a larger ball in the urethral end causes my glans to expand, which also aids to keep the foreskin back..

Stickler99

Quote from: slicendice on 2023-09-08 04:54:53
i'm guessing it would depend on the jewellery (CBR or barbell) and gauge size or ball size.. going large enough it would contribute more to stimulating the partner, but the wearer would probably feel more stimualtion when the inner urethra is being rubbed by the jewellery or the ball..
I noticed the benefits of a PA was definitely felt by the ladies when I sized up.
Now at 8mm (0g).
In my case, the PA plays little to no role in keeping the foreskin back due to it being short and as I've kept it pulled back for so long it's default location it to be pulled back.
I would think that a PA could help with being pulled back with a longer foreskin.
But not sure the constant pushing on the jewellery by the foreskin might cause migration.

DiagonalFunctor

Is there a genital piercing that would FORCE you to stay retracted? That might be an interesting boost for permanent retraction.

slicendice

Quote from: Stickler99 on 2023-09-08 10:59:52
I noticed the benefits of a PA was definitely felt by the ladies when I sized up.
Now at 8mm (0g).
In my case, the PA plays little to no role in keeping the foreskin back due to it being short and as I've kept it pulled back for so long it's default location it to be pulled back.
I would think that a PA could help with being pulled back with a longer foreskin.
But not sure the constant pushing on the jewellery by the foreskin might cause migration.

yup, that's why i mentioned that the stability of the piercing also matters, the more flesh the piercing goes through (typically the deep piercings which actually go through more flesh), coupled with the larger gauge (which makes the piercing less likely to have the "cheese-cutter effect"), and the placement of the piercing, would be able to hold back the foreskin, while minimizing the risk of migration..

slicendice

Quote from: DiagonalFunctor on 2023-09-08 19:54:34
Is there a genital piercing that would FORCE you to stay retracted? That might be an interesting boost for permanent retraction.

i would think the deep (apadravya, reverse PA, ampallang, dydoe) piercings would assist with holding the foreskin back, while allowing the foreskin to be manually pulled over the piercings on-demand..

the more "permanent" piercings would be the ones which anchor the foreskin to the urethra (deep PA and horizontal dolphin) would keep the foreskin pulled back, but once the piercings heal, it would probably be difficult or impossible to allow the foreskin to cover the glans anymore..

rubbercock

Conscientious retractor for 20 years, circumcised since 1991.

slicendice

i've sized up my shaft reverse PA twice so far, not because i just wanted to gauge up quickly, but because the initial barbell was a curved barbell and it felt uncomfortable at times..

i initially pierced it at 8ga with a 8ga piercing needle and wore the curved 8ga barbell in, changed it out to a 6ga (16mm) straight barbell after a week and found that it just slid into the piercing.. it did fit the glans exactly length-wise, but felt a bit tight during erections and was pressing against both sides of the glans, so i ordered a set of slightly longer (20mm) straight barbells, and when they arrived after 2 weeks, i tried putting the 4ga barbell in, and it just slid right in again!

now it feels right at home in the piercing, not-too-tight during erections, and not-having-lots-of-excess when flaccid. the larger balls on the 4ga also performed what they were meant to do in my piercing, at the coronal ridge keeping the foreskin from slipping back, and in the urethral end (i've got a partial subincision) spreading the glans wider apart, also helping to keep the foreskin from slipping back.

i did initially feel more sensitivity in the glans from rubbing against my UNIQLO boxers, but that was resolved by wrapping the glans for a few days with toilet paper. eventually the excess sensitivity went away and i don't need to wrap it anymore. i also find that my foreskin is staying behind the glans by itself naturally (probably because of the above-mentioned effect of the 2 balls of the barbells.

overall i would recommended this piercing to keep my foreskin back, if you have similar mods (my partial subincision does contribute to the success of the placement and quick healing of my shaft reverse PA, which enters centered behind the glans just in the coronal ridge, and exits centered in the notch where the corporus sponiosum aka urethra ends and the glans starts - you'll see a indentation there if you've got a meatotomy or subincision), or plan to get this mod..

slicendice

Update: I've been sizing up my deep/shaft reverse PA (aka halfadravya) again, towards my goal size of 0ga (8mm) or 00ga (10mm).. it's currently at 1ga (7mm).. decided to take a few pics of the piercing..