News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Petition numbers...

Started by guest257, 2015-03-17 19:35:38

Previous topic - Next topic

guest257

Hello,

I don't known w how many people are aware of a court case out for Florida. It concerns a young boy named Chase and his mother who don't want him to get circumcised. His father and the Florida court judge presiding over the case seemingly will go to whatever lengths, for whatever reason want to impose their will on the boy.

This case has many facets. As intact people with the choice to do what you like with your bodies, I would think that you could understand bodily integrity. I would also think that you would want the same option for everyone.

Here is a petition for the White House regarding the case. The current numbers of people who have signed are no where near the required number to garner a response. If this is a cause you side with for whatever reason please consider signing it.     https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-unnecessary-and-unconstitutional-circumcision-4-year-old-boy-florida-against-will-mother/W9MndRJN

For some background, here is a link for recent news article regarding the case.   
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-at-center-of-circumcision-battle-ordered-arrested/
I would also like to hear your ideas/opinions. like I said, its multifaceted and I feel there is more at stake here than the obvious.

Thanks!

Kylar

Definitely should be the boy's choice.  And if in doubt, first do no harm.

Last I heard, the guy has no problems with his foreskin either — there's no medical urgency to fix there.  Just his father's insistence on a body akin to his.  Also, isn't the mother his legal guardian?

guest257

Quote from: Kylar on 2015-03-17 19:50:04
Definitely should be the boy's choice.  And if in doubt, first do no harm.

Last I heard, the guy has no problems with his foreskin either — there's no medical urgency to fix there.  Just his father's insistence on a body akin to his.  Also, isn't the mother his legal guardian?

From what I have seen, the fathers complaint was that the boy had urinated on his own leg. There was a doctor who examined the boy and determined that he was healthy and that there was no medical reason for the circumcision. I also think he went as far as stating that if he had a child similar to chase in health that he would not risk doing the surgery.

I think it was shared guardianship. I gotta look into it more to be sure. If anyone has the answer to this please chime in.

keratinise

It's insane how a supposedly first world country has to have a debate and court intervention to decide on whether to amputate a perfectly healthy part of a child based on a parent's personal whim.