News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Discussing foreskin retraction at the GP’s.

Started by burtonian, 2023-03-29 16:38:26

Previous topic - Next topic

burtonian

I went to my GP's surgery today for my annual diabetes review, carried out by a female nurse.  After the usual discussion about medication and checks of my blood pressure, feet etc., she asked if I had any questions.  I asked if it was usual for some men with diabetes to suffer from increased levels of thrush and other infections under their foreskin.  She confirmed that this could sometimes be the case, due to the body dumping excess blood sugars into their urine and the foreskin offering a suitable environment for thrush etc. to develop.  I suspect she thought I was having a problem with this.

I explained that I had indeed suffered from this in the past, including when taking oral antibiotics, and that for some four years I had been keeping my foreskin retracted and it had proved a successful preventive.  I said I hoped the information would be of help to any other patients suffering the same issues.  She had not heard of this solution before, she was relatively young, but in future would certainly suggest it when appropriate.  As far as I could tell (she was wearing a mask) she did not find the concept amusing but she did laugh when I told her my improved aim in the bathroom met with my wife's approval. 

Permanent foreskin retraction is such a simple and effective solution to these issues that I feel the wider medical profession should be aware and suggest it when appropriate.

Kylar

burtonian

Thanks Kylar. 

I should add that this subject is not one that I have raised with the nurses at previous reviews but I had decided a few weeks ago to be completely open about this subject when in a medical context.  I had been experiencing an issue that may have required an examination and discussed with my wife and a (female) friend who is a retired nurse whether the doctor would comment if I presented in my normal, retracted state.  The friend said they wouldn't bat an eyelid while my wife said my 'bits' were my bits and I should wear them as I like!  Fortunately the matter resolved itself so my intention to wear my 'bits' as I like whatever the medical circumstances remains untested.  I do wonder though, whether my preference for retraction is now recorded in my medical records?

tryit268

Hi Burtonian
Health professionals record what is necessary for their work, and very rarely anything more.  When you attend for a future appointment the fact that your foreskin is permanently retracted is not useful to that nurse or to any other health professional you may see, so I would be very surprised if she recorded it.  It appears to have interested her, so she may discuss it with fellow professionals, of course without mentioning your name. 

burtonian

Thanks Tryit268,

My comment about my status being recorded was a little tongue in cheek and I am really not bothered either way but I do take your point about notes being confined to relevance.  May I ask if you are by any chance a member of the medical profession and, if so, have you seen cases of permanent retraction in a clinical setting?

tryit268

Hi Burtonian

I was, many years ago, but I think I would have seen it as just another circumcised penis.