Author Topic: Hypersensitivity of penile glans - how long does it take to go away?  (Read 5797 times)

guest2625

Hello guys
I'm a 23 year old boy who had problems with phimosis. Thorough stretching I was able to cure myself (as the doctor ordered me to do). Now I have a problem with hypersensitive glans of my penis. It's been 3 years since I was able to fully retract the foreskin but I still can't have pleasurable sex :(. I've started desensitizing the glans about half of year ago but I'm wondering how long does it take in total? When am I going to be able to have great sex? Recently I've tried masturbating touching almost only glans with lube of course. It hurt like hell but finally through pain I was able to cum. I'm thinking if this is the way to overcome my problem - meaning associate the pain with pleasure? 😮 Does anybody else has/had the same problem?
Thanks in advance

Offline bobenc0

• NSFW Access
As it was said many times before it definitely takes different periods for different pearson for the hyper sensitivity to go away.
It took me about 2-3 weeks of permanent retraction before I lose it, 5-6 months till I got used to it aanndd it took one full year of bare glans until it started to feel super comfortable and as normal as it should be...
It may took you longer or shorter just don't give up as the end result worth it all!
32 Y.O. Permanently retracted ever since May 09 2016. :)
... Self frenum pierced at Mar 19 2018 ...
I love it !

guest2625

Is the time during night while it's not retracted that important? I don't use spoon method - just retract and hold the foreskin with my briefs so it slips forward during night. During day (aprox 16h) I walk with my glans bare.
But I've got another question - during the year of bare glans as you mentioned - have had any sex? Jerked off? Anything? Or did you just become a monk 😁?

Offline __

• NSFW Access
As said, it can take many months for the gland to keratinize. That shouldn't  prevent you to masturbate or have sex in the meantime. What was your favorite jerkoff method before  starting to retract ? Presumably this still works. I would not advise to stimulate the glans directly initially. Maybe shift the retracted foreskin up and down on the shaft, avoiding the head.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
like this thread, https://pulledback.org/index.php?topic=1026.msg9300#msg9300, i think that there is more to it, this guy was sensitive for a long time, whilst guys on this site, who have commented say a few months to years. But your having issue with masturbation, as it hurts, which is not really this forum. As guys have mentioned the time scale. I have been doing this for years and can say it takes time, but if you use a method, like the soon that might help
Love skining back and letting my head show

guest2625

Oh, sorry. You must have misunderstood me. I like masturbating a lot. I know how to masturbate to make it the most pleasurable way for me. I've got a problem when it comes to sex though. During BJ I especially hate when I feel the teeth but also it doesn't give me that much pleasure - I feel almost nothing. When it comes to anal though - I also rarely feel anything, sometimes it doesn't feel good though (only at the begining when the penis comes through the sphincter). So I thought that I have a problem with hypersensitivity.

guest2625

Ok, so tell me please if it looks at least a bit keratinized ?

Offline soundsgreat87

Your head looks completely keratinized, and since you say you feel almost nothing during blowjobs and sex, that doesn't sound like hypersensitivity, but the exact opposite!

It's odd that rubbing the head is painful though, when those other two things don't feel like anything. I'm not sure  ???

guest2625

The head looks like that after couple of hours of being bare. Normally after the night it's quite smooshy and pinky, and wet enough. But yes - I've been experiencing the pain when I rub a finger over the glans when it's dry like in the picture above. Have you had any problems switching from masturbating to sex?

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
Your head looks completely keratinized, and since you say you feel almost nothing during blowjobs and sex, that doesn't sound like hypersensitivity, but the exact opposite!

It's odd that rubbing the head is painful though, when those other two things don't feel like anything. I'm not sure  ???

I am also confused, when he "feels the teeth around  the head and i feel nothing", is not hypersensitive
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline __

• NSFW Access
Ok, so tell me please if it looks at least a bit keratinized ?

It has the looks, but we are missing some information here.
For how long have you been seriously retracting - and I mean permanently, not a few hours then and now ? Please tell.
I've learned that it's not about the head drying out - the skin must get thicker, and let's be frank, this can only happen by continous rubbing against the underwear. For many, it takes many months of going bare almost 24/7 to become perfectly comfortable with the exposed state. In my case, there was a first change after 2 weeks (the "drying out" part), but the real thing took like 8 months.
Hypersensitivity was only a problem during the first 3-4 months of exposure, I'd say. Desensitization of the glans started then (to my relief) and slowly stabilized.
The inner foreskin was in my experience another story, it took many years to get it to thicken. As  wore it bunched behind the corona, it got quite a lot of chafing.

Offline Jhead

• NSFW Access
When I first started, I used massage oil and it worked. It felt so much nicer than lubes