Author Topic: Keeping it dry  (Read 10898 times)

Offline Kngzh

• NSFW Access
Keeping it dry
« on: 2017-01-28 00:10:21 »
Hi all, was wondering whether any of you guys used/thought of using any talcum powder to keep the under side of foreskin dry when you retract?

I've been retracting without the use of any tools, managed to just fold the skin, but I realize the inner side skin tone is not the same because it's slightly damp.

Offline soundsgreat87

Re: Keeping it dry
« Reply #1 on: 2017-01-28 01:07:27 »
I've been experimenting with that myself lately, and it.. kinda works. It keeps the tucked skin dry for a few hours but eventually the sweat builds up enough that it gets moist anyway.

I'm thinking there needs to be a way to hold the skin back while also letting the tucked part air out.

Offline Kngzh

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2017-01-28 01:39:54 »
I'll give it a shot. Started it yesterday. It definitely feels better dry throughout.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #3 on: 2017-01-28 04:10:42 »
I'm a sweaty guy so maybe it'll work better for you, haha.

Offline camchain

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2017-01-28 07:43:55 »
No. i stopped using talc in the late 80's. but may be a good idea for some.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2017-01-28 20:46:55 »
Just so you know, talcum powder has been associated with causing cancer. You might want to consider alternatives like corn starch.

Offline Kngzh

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2017-01-29 02:18:23 »
Yep, roger that. Thanks for reminding  :)

Day 3 with corn starch.

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2017-01-31 05:52:51 »
Anyone ever tried using a dessicant? I know they can cause some skin irritation, and they seriously dry out skin, but what would the effect be? Maybe silica dust (but not crystalline)? Has anyone ever tried this? The stuff will dry out hands to the extreme, as it absorbs both water and oils. Even after washing my hands they still felt dry. Anyone know if this is safe?

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2017-01-31 10:22:41 »
I think if you do it for a while it drys out, mine is never wet, even if i use water, it will dry out, when i pull the skin forward it will be dry.
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2017-01-31 22:31:56 »
Knzgh,

Is it mainly sweating I'm guessing? Is it related to physical activity, naturally a sweat producing person even when not doing physical activity, or lack of underwear/clothing breathability, or high production of skin oils? Trying to wrap my head around what you are dealing with.

Offline Kngzh

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2017-02-02 13:46:16 »
Hmm I would say may is probably sweat. It's that underneath layer of skin where the moist is and more sensitive to touch as compared to the other parts. No worries  ;D

Currently dry with corn starch. I would say I feel less sensitive now. Better too for me  8)

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2017-02-08 22:42:13 »
Anyone ever tried using a dessicant? I know they can cause some skin irritation, and they seriously dry out skin, but what would the effect be? Maybe silica dust (but not crystalline)? Has anyone ever tried this? The stuff will dry out hands to the extreme, as it absorbs both water and oils. Even after washing my hands they still felt dry. Anyone know if this is safe?
That's interesting. Don't know if it's safe. Let us know if find out.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2017-02-20 10:57:16 »
I decided to try some liquid silica. I am using it a little bit differently than what the OP had in mind. I'm using it with soundsgreat87's single ring method. Which keeps my sulcus and inner foreskin completely exposed, so also dry. But I wanted to see if it would feel even drier, and it did! I basically just dip my cock into a jar of the liquid silica, and let it air dry afterwards. The result is subtle, but I like it. The silica leaves a very fine coating over the surface, and the coating seems to keep everything drier. In fact, when I jack off, the silica coating seams to resist my precum, keeping the glans surface dry under the precum. If I wipe the precum off with a finger, the glans is instantly, completely dry! Very cool! :D

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2017-02-25 03:33:56 »
Just wanted to update on the liquid silica. I've read that silica is bad for your lungs if inhaled, but it is very good for healthy skin hair and nails when ingested. I'm not sure what effect topical application might have over the long term, but sort term it is a very effective water barrier that really keeps things extra dry. I have been using it for a few days, and I really like it. It's like Rain-X for your glans! :D

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #14 on: 2017-03-02 07:05:30 »
That sounds really cool. Where the heck did you get yours?