News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Glans ring review

Started by JP789112, 2021-02-10 04:14:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JP789112

I've seen many users that mentioned having used a glans ring as a retracting device to help keep the foreskin at bay and quite a few individual posts about specific models they've tried on or were looking for. What I'd like to propose here is for anyone who's already had the opportunity of wearing one to review it and reflect about their experiences with this method to enlighten those of us who still haven't or may not even know about it.

1) Have you used a specific brand product? If yes, could you share us its name or a link?

2) Have you used a DIY glans ring? If so, what material was it made of? How was the process of making it?

3) What were some things you wish you knew about glans rings before wearing them?

4) What are the biggest advantages of this method? Are there any downsides?

5) In case you've tried more than one, which one was your favorite? Any particular reason?

6) Do you believe that being a grower/shower or having a specific body type has affected whether it worked or not for you?

7) Anything you'd like to add?

RedHead

Circular barbel, the smallest one from this set on wish is surprisingly good.

https://dl.wish.com/rwH2D

You need to put it on a little bit down from the corona so a tiny bit of skin is trapped in front of it before the corona.the rest of the skin bunches up over the ring but keeps the head completely clear. It is hidden from view under the folds.
It keeps the skin back all day and keeps the head bigger throughout the day. It also makes the coronal ridge more flared for a day or so after wearing it.
I initially did not like it at all, but i gave it another go and love it. I've been wearing it for a week freeballing in jeans and it's been great.

RedHead

The link didn't seem to work but here's what it looks like.
I have a heap of fun photos in the discord with it just normal and fully engaged.
Here is some fully erect photos with it too: https://pulledback.org/index.php?topic=1805.msg14514#msg14514
For context I'm a grower. I shrink to just about nothing, but the ring keeps the head full without causing swelling or irritation.

guidobriao

hey I built myself with scissors and a soft plastic sheet that is used to cover playing cards that I play with lol

practically they are paper bags called Dragon Shield on one side transparent (to show the paper inside) and on the other side they are colored / patterned. The colored part is plastic a little more grainy or cmq thick and having ink I wanted to concentrate on the transparent one, oh how many I destroyed haha

I had to build dozens of them before I found the perfect shape and size, practically circular and much bigger than my soft penis, and that anyway left a few millimeters of space for the erect penis, I have always been a little wider to avoid choking obviously these are things that one must do with rationality and delicacy!

I used small scissors, like those for curved nails, they have a slightly curved shape and cut very well especially in such small circles, but just make a slightly crooked cut and generate imperfections that becomes very uncomfortable if not painful, in fact it takes a lot of manual skills!

I practically wore it immediately under the crown of the glans and pulled the skin down as low as possible, it was really useful for weeks, as I got old I noticed it cleans pretty well but I built new ones in weeks for a superior hygiene talk.

being transparent it is hardly noticeable in the mirror and it is nice to hold: D very rarely it happened to me that the skin came back up at night, despite this plastic-silicone ring but being very thin it did not bother or anything, I took it off every now and then and when I was taking a shower and it helped me a lot the first few nights when then one day I tried to sleep without it, and being all very dry it didn't come back up by itself, I haven't used them for years, this is my experience

so I answer question 1) with no and on the material and brand here:
but the brand of the sleeves is this (but I think you can find them in any comic / sticker shop there are 2 types, some transparent on both sides and they are practically a very thin film, and others a lot thicker, I used the thicker ones even if you go to a comic store and buy a single card, they often give you one to put it in, but perhaps it is better to buy a pack of 100 so as to have more attempts to make one as it should

point 2) I have explained it hopefully, if you don't understand I could try to make another one and take some photos:

3) which must be wide! hindsight you risk hurting yourself haha

4) advantages are to have a support to retract the skin even at night or when it cannot be kept under attention, also the fact that the frenum and the skin hardly bend perhaps helps to an effective keratinization, disadvantages to have this thing attached under the crown , and that must be cleaned often changed I think

5) I just tried these facts myself

6) yes, being a grower I have to build a much larger ring than the flaccid penis, so it rarely happened that it went away, but luckily it generally remained in place

if i were a shower maybe it would be possible to make it a little tighter or cmq there would be fewer differences in size so it is more difficult to lose it at night

7) which was really helpful, and I recommend it.

perhaps it would be possible to build it with a simple plastic like the one that covers a package of a snack, transparent, but this plastic (which I do not find that plastic to be) is an excellent compromise, perhaps you can also buy silicone sheets from the stationer's, but I I did with what I had in the house that night: D
dry is owo

Johnscot

1) Have you used a specific brand product? No

2) Have you used a DIY glans ring?   Yes, made from sheets of silicon I bought off Ebay. I started by drawing a circle I thought was about the right size, cutting in out and then cutting a hole in the middle, then I tried it on. If the hole in the middle was too small I'd enlarge it. If the ring itself was too large I'd trim it. If the hole in the middle was too small or the ring itself was too small causing my foreskin to roll over it then I'd start again cutting out a new one.

See Ebay https://ebay.us/qslFbX

3) What were some things you wish you knew about glans rings before wearing them?  Just how easy they are to wear and how successful they are. Tried all sorts of methods but they really are the best.

4) What are the biggest advantages of this method? Are there any downsides?  You can experiment with different sizes and shapes to find what works for you for very little cost.

5) In case you've tried more than one, which one was your favorite? See question 4

6) Do you believe that being a grower/shower or having a specific body type has affected whether it worked or not for you? See question 4

7) Anything you'd like to add?

Dicsolovag

Check out my old thread about my reviews of several different rings.
https://pulledback.org/index.php?topic=977.0

lvprcm

Johnscot the homemade ring looks good! It looks it will definitely keep the foreskin back behind the rim of the glans. Has the ring inadvertently slipped off?

Johnscot

Quote from: lvprcm on 2021-02-11 17:29:36
Johnscot the homemade ring looks good! It looks it will definitely keep the foreskin back behind the rim of the glans. Has the ring inadvertently slipped off?

No, stays on. If it was slipping off I'd make a new one with a smaller centre hole.

teo

Hi, I use all days a simple silicone ring.
I'm a grower, so I'm pulled back only with the ring when I'm small. (it finished to rolled afetr some times with panties)
I tried to pulled back strongly with this new ring that I use for a few days.
It seems to have better effect even when I'm small.
And secondly I'm less small.
Permanently retracted. I love the the look and feel of my exposed glans and free corona!

Uncutlad

I've only been permanent retracting for two months now. The best silicone ring I've found is the snailage day and night rings. Think they're about £5 on eBay. So worth it. It fits when you're on flop and actually stays behind your head. But what's great about it is that it covers ur pulled back skin. So when you touch ur dick. You feel proper smooth without having to feel the pulled back skin. All you see is ur thick head.

headytimes

I have also been using a glans ring (steel) as part of my retraction. I am a grower and I find it help a lot during the day when you are out and about as it is guaranteed to stop your foreskin rolling forward. The steel rings are also really easy to keep clean, just don't wear it if you are feeling horny.
Retracted since Summer 2016

Uncutlad

I've tried a few metal gland rings. Feel amazing when ur rock hard. The ones I have all have metal balls that flick ur frenulum. But you keep is most of them have a diameter of about 24mm. When I'm super soft. These rings just slip off my head and stay at the bottom of my boxers. Silicone rings are proving to be so much better.

headytimes

Yeah I've got a slightly larger one for when things get hard down there. I've got quite a pronounced corona and the 25mm rings I have are not coming off. I suspect I'd be in the emergency room if I got hard with them on.
Retracted since Summer 2016

Uncutlad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113724097612    That's the ring I've been wearing for two weeks now. It's thicker than most rings. But it's been a game changer. It hides the rolled back skin and adjusts for soft to hard. I've just ordered a few more. If your head becomes quite small when your soft like me. This might be a shout. It's rubbed on the outside so feels good when you grab your dick to pee etc.

Jagtstein

like to wear 3 gold rings with a diameter of 23.5 mm, so the glans can be pushed through when relaxed. I use gold rings because gold is very kind to the skin.

I had the rings made to measure by the jeweler. If you get gold wire and gold solder you can also make the rings yourself

To wear the rings, it is convenient if the frenulum praeputii has been removed. I removed the frenulum myself many years ago.

The rings can also be left on during masturbation or sex. The rings do not cause pain, the feeling is very pleasant and the penis with the rings looks good. It is important that the ring fits well into the ring groove and does not constrict it.
Masturbation is better than sex.