Author Topic: Itching....  (Read 6193 times)

Offline Joepublic

• NSFW Access
Itching....
« on: 2020-04-17 18:20:06 »
Hi all

I’ve been pulling back on and off for years but following the lockdown I’ve decided to try full time.

When I’ve pulled back before I’ve used the spoon method but now I’m trying the reverse spoon method (similar to the coin method but with out the coin) then a plaster (band aid for our friends across the pond) to hold it all in place so the inner foreskin is exposed.

BUT! I’m day 7 of constantly pulled back this way and MY GOD the inner foreskin feels really itchy! Anyone else get this??

There is no redness, pain or swelling just the itch!

Offline Loveboy100

• NSFW Access
Re: Itching....
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-17 18:56:07 »
Is it itchy under the band aid or is the exposed foreskin itchy as well?

Offline Joepublic

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-17 19:23:03 »
Under the band aid is fine... it’s the exposed inner skin that itches like mad!

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-17 19:30:14 »
Hi all

I’ve been pulling back on and off for years but following the lockdown I’ve decided to try full time.

When I’ve pulled back before I’ve used the spoon method but now I’m trying the reverse spoon method (similar to the coin method but with out the coin) then a plaster (band aid for our friends across the pond) to hold it all in place so the inner foreskin is exposed.

BUT! I’m day 7 of constantly pulled back this way and MY GOD the inner foreskin feels really itchy! Anyone else get this??

Sounds like my beginnings ...
I found the inner foreskin was much slower to adapt than the glans. It doesn't really dry in the same way. There are some glands in there that may suffer when the skin above them dries out and obstructs them. There's nothing you can do but endure it, apply non greasy stuff like aloe vera to moisturize and keep the upper skin layer supple.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-17 21:02:26 »
Oh absolutely.  It still does it and I've been messing around with keeping it pulled back for 25 years if not more.  Sometimes it'll just itch for no good reason.  But only when it's left pulled back.

Offline Joepublic

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-17 21:15:29 »
Cheers guys! Glad to know it’s not just me...

Hopefully it will subside over time :)

Offline Fabik

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2020-04-17 21:56:35 »
Is it me or the itching is worst after havnig made a physical effort ?

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2020-04-18 07:06:48 »
Never had any inching as such, had some puffing of the skin but no itching
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #8 on: 2020-04-18 20:38:13 »
The inner skin itching was the longest change for me. It itches much less now, but like kylar I still feel it from time to time... and I've been doing it 24/7 for almost 5 years now.

Offline stephen.reilly79

• NSFW Access
  • Just a guy who sometimes likes being pulled back
« Reply #9 on: 2020-04-18 20:51:44 »
I wonder if those who have an adult circumcision experience something similar?
Married, bi-curious, skinned back on and off since 2001

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2020-04-18 22:47:11 »
I wonder if those who have an adult circumcision experience something similar?

Maybe if they haven't been retractors before, and start with a "wet" inner skin being suddenly exposed without preparation. However an amount of inner skin is always removed, so this decreases the surface available for itching ...
I think a common side effect of an adult cut on the inner skin is the "donut" swelling after the op.

Offline stephen.reilly79

• NSFW Access
  • Just a guy who sometimes likes being pulled back
« Reply #11 on: 2020-04-19 10:49:28 »
an amount of inner skin is always removed, so this decreases the surface available for itching ...

Except in the case of "cosmetic circumcision" where they remove shaft skin from the base of the penis, near the scrotum, so as to hide the scar. But I don't think it's a common method of cutting. I just wonder if guys who get cut that way have a similar experience to the autocircumcision crowd.
Married, bi-curious, skinned back on and off since 2001

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2020-04-19 13:46:17 »
Except in the case of "cosmetic circumcision" where they remove shaft skin from the base of the penis, near the scrotum, so as to hide the scar. But I don't think it's a common method of cutting. I just wonder if guys who get cut that way have a similar experience to the autocircumcision crowd.

If the definition of circumcision is "removal of all or part of the foreskin", then this procedure isn't circumcision at all. To be honest, I think the actual number of "cosmetic circumcisions" performed is close to zero in proportion to the classic procedures. Granted, it has internet visibility but I don't think it goes much farther than that :)
Dont forget that technically, the "cosmetic" procedure also involves frenulum removal. This indicates that the surgeon found that it was necessary to add that step ... A guy cut that way would have a different experience from the retractor who gets to keep his frenulum.

Offline lvprcm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2020-04-28 13:33:38 »

I have been on this site for years as well as other sex forum sites and I've commented on my attempts to keep my foreskin retracted as early at 5 or 6. During those early days of retractions one of my chief complaints was the itch I would have as the inner foreskin rubbed against my briefs. I often think that it deterred me to a degree on achieving success on permanent retraction. I couldn't manage to keep the foreskin back for more than a few hours as the itch would be a bit much. Not wanting to draw attention, I would have to adjust or just go to the bathroom.  I never had pain, swelling or redness and I don't recall having a wet inner foreskin as another poster suggested.

It would be interesting to hear any ideas on what's at play there.
It's nice to hear that others also experience this. I thought I was a bit odd in that respect as no one had commented in those years,

Offline Fabik

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2020-05-01 21:14:13 »
Maybe if they haven't been retractors before, and start with a "wet" inner skin being suddenly exposed without preparation. However an amount of inner skin is always removed, so this decreases the surface available for itching ...
So I suppose the "ideal" is to have a circ with the scar as low as possible, to remove as much inner skin as possible and have the non-problematic outer foreskin there instead ?