Author Topic: Questions  (Read 5741 times)

Offline Anonym878

Questions
« on: 2020-08-05 21:08:34 »
Hi,
I’m a 17 year old male from Europe!
If my english is bad i’m sorry it’s my 3rd language :)
I really want to keep my foreskin retracted because i have balanitis and nothing really helps against it and the doctor said i should think about getting circumcised. And i really don’t want that. My only fear is that my penis head i sooo sensitive to touch. A little touch doesn’t hurt but if i put a little pressure on it it’s really bad. and rubbing it it’s just the worst. It really hurts and i’m scared to put my penis in my boxer without foreskin... i need help or motivation please let me know in the replies :)

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2020-08-05 21:22:14 »
Well I guess part of that pain/sensitivity might be because of the inflammation.  What other treatments did you get from the doctor?  Were there any recommendations (about cleaning, etc.)?

Offline Anonym878

« Reply #2 on: 2020-08-05 21:25:23 »
All i really got were 2 Creams. One was Canesten and the other one i don’t remember. And no my penis was always extremly sensitive since my parents didn’t teach me these things..

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 2020-08-05 21:36:33 »
Well... going fully retracted might not be a good idea (both due to the sensitivity and the inflammation), but a few tips that might help: pee with the skin pulled back and dab/wipe it clean with the toilet paper; wash it with clean water (soaps, while they clean, can be irritants as well); and try to keep the head dry outside of your clothes sometimes.

Offline Anonym878

« Reply #4 on: 2020-08-05 21:48:52 »
I literally do this all the time and it really doesn’t help and i’m honestly so scared lol
I really don’t know what to do at this point

Offline CuriousSkinner

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2020-08-05 21:52:50 »
Kylars suggestions all sound like good ideas to me. Peeing pulled back was a game changer personally for me as for the whole process of showering rathe just a quick wash, that should help with keeping things a bit more dry.

I guess if you can't bear clothes touching it then you you could just try being pulled back as much as possible when you are at home and can be naked to let the air get to it, for example before during and after showers (just mind the towel when you dry yourself!) and whilst watching TV etc. Perhaps that would be a good start?

Good luck!

Offline Bifunguy

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2020-08-06 10:13:07 »
Hi, welcome to the group. I agree with the above suggestions, keeping it dry, clean and exposed to the air as much as possible should help. However, if the treatments from your doctor are not working then before resorting to circumcision I would suggest you get a second opinion from another doctor and get checked at STI clinic in case it may be something else that is causing the problem.

Offline Anonym878

« Reply #7 on: 2020-08-06 10:29:24 »
Hi thank you for replying.
I read a lot about how retraction helped a lot of people male balanitis go away.. So you think like the other guy said i shouldn’t do it?

Offline Bifunguy

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2020-08-06 10:56:45 »
Hi, if you mean retraction, I would say you should if it is not too uncomfortable because that will mean it is more exposed to the air which should help.  If you mean circumcision, then I would say you should consider it if it is medically recommended, but I would get a second opinion first.

Offline Anonym878

« Reply #9 on: 2020-08-06 11:57:21 »
Yes, i mean retraction of the foreskin not circumcision.
Thank you for your help!

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: 2020-08-06 14:09:35 »
I'm merely suggesting to do it gradually - who knows what could come if you irritate the inflamed glans further.  But it's true that usually it helps when someone with a recurring inflammation keeps the glans exposed.  So that's why I suggest "airing it out" often, even if for now you won't keep it uncovered inside the clothes.

Some other guys here had balanitis too, a few old dudes mentioned it in their intros.  Maybe they have better hands on experience.  Try the search :)

Offline burtonian

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2020-08-06 14:58:38 »
Hello,

I tried to reply to your pm but your inbox appears to be full.  Hope the following helps.  It is important to find the cause of your balanitis.  First diagnosis tends to be fungal infection for which Canesten or similar prescribed plus, sometimes, a steroid cream to treat inflammation.  This often fails if treatment discontinued when symptoms improve.  Suggest frequent application for a few extra days and then try gentle short term retraction.  If problem persistent a referral to a dermatologist rather than a urologist suggested.  In some countries/cultures a urologist will suggest circumcision without considering other possible causes of you problem.  In my younger years I suffered from psoriasis that also cased foreskin issues, the dermatologist prescribed various steroids until the optimum one was found.  I am convinced that their use resolved the scarring and cracking of my ridged band and prevented acquired phimosis.

Since then problems have only occurred when taking oral antibiotics or if my blood sugar control goes awry.  Adopting permanent retraction seems to prevent these cases.

It is well worth persevering with retraction, especially at your age, I wish I had started earlier!

Burtonian.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 2020-08-06 22:26:31 »
I think this is important and useful information, probably better out here than in PMs :)  Who knows who else might get help from it!

Offline Nivek

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2020-08-07 10:26:46 »
I think the problem is wearing boxers? Try briefs. With everything kept in place, no abrasion and extra sensitivity from the movement.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2020-08-07 15:35:10 »
I think the problem is wearing boxers? Try briefs. With everything kept in place, no abrasion and extra sensitivity from the movement.

One of the tricks I found leading to having a fully pulled back effect was in the wearing of snug briefs. After every time I was out for a "wee" in placing back, I would ensure that I would pull the shaft skin up as far as possible so that it would then be resting against the scrotum, keeping the shaft skin back and the inner foreskin free of bunching. Over time this did assist in the shaft wrinkles as also did taping.