Author Topic: How did you find this forum?  (Read 26737 times)

Offline soundsgreat87

How did you find this forum?
« on: 2015-01-10 10:39:34 »
I've been noticing a bit of an upswing in the number of user registrations over the past month, so I'm curious how you all found this place.

(I was here from the start, since I kind of encouraged Kylar to start it ;D)

Offline GlansLiberation

• NSFW Access
Re: How did you find this forum?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-01-10 15:16:14 »
I've noticed and wondered the same thing, especially during the last two weeks. Most of them seem to be silent members though, sadly.

Speaking for myself, I found this forum via Google, I must have searched for "pulling back foreskin" or something similar.
MESSENGERS: Kik, Telegram, Threema, WhatsApp. PM if you'd like to talk.

Offline mickeymouse

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2015-01-10 18:04:47 »
I used Google. I can't remember the circumstances though. As I said in my intro I have tried before, showing must have triggered me to think about it again, but I don't know what.

Offline Katuji

• NSFW Access
  • Hi! I'm a middle-aged supid shy boy.
« Reply #3 on: 2015-01-10 23:20:25 »
Previously, because guidance of this site has been written in the BBS that Mr. pelagian had operated.

Offline Wray

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2015-01-12 19:09:49 »
I googled for ways to keep foreskin back and found this site, I suppose a fair number of people will join to see the images, hence the silent members but I'm sure they would say something if they had it to add ;)

Offline Retracted

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2015-02-06 18:44:22 »
Yup. Googled and came across a thread on here. Totally amazed that others were doing the same thing. Loving the advise, posts, and pics from all of you! Since joining, I've learned a new pleasurable way of masturbating, and was educated in the various ways and techniques available.

Offline keratinise

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2015-02-08 22:07:10 »
I kind of missed the old yahoo group so I tended to search online for various keywords, many to do with foreskins and retraction and I think I happened to stumble on this forum.

Offline njshore37

• NSFW Access
  • Novice giving retraction a try...at age 63
« Reply #7 on: 2015-03-10 23:52:06 »
Thx to Kylar and team who set this up.  It has been great reading and learning from the posts in my three days here. 

One thought: it does seem like there are a lot of silent members. I thought I saw a bunch  of new guests visit the registration page while I was on,  but very few posts resulted.  Is there a way to post on the registration page that unless you share your contact information,  the forum is totally anonymous and that people are encouraged to post questions, experiences, and photos. (I don't remember if it said that).

Just looking for ideas on how to get more posting traffic. I guess we can't give away gift cards... (ha, ha)

64 year old giving the retracted foreskin a cautious try. Motivated by hygiene, look, and desire for some desensitization (not too much).  Happy I found this forum.. Advice welcome!

guest257

« Reply #8 on: 2015-03-11 02:09:24 »
For me,

It was a combination of seeing it on Google and the link on an other forum. Being as how I found it in two different ways, I thought I would check it out further.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #9 on: 2015-03-11 03:57:16 »
One thought: it does seem like there are a lot of silent members. I thought I saw a bunch  of new guests visit the registration page while I was on,  but very few posts resulted. 

I know what you mean. Granted, any forum will have a lot of "watchers" who never post, but for something totally anonymous like this, it'd be nice to hear from more people.

It was a combination of seeing it on Google and the link on an other forum. Being as how I found it in two different ways, I thought I would check it out further.

Oh? I'm curious what forum this site was linked on!

guest257

« Reply #10 on: 2015-03-12 03:05:50 »
Quote from: soundsgreat87
Oh? I'm curious what forum this site was linked on!

http://foreskin-restoration.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20813

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #11 on: 2015-03-12 06:01:46 »
Wow, seems like an awful lot of misguided opinions on the subject there!

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 2015-03-12 08:19:17 »
Wow, seems like an awful lot of misguided opinions on the subject there!

Some people are waaaaaay off the rocker.

Admin is right — autocircumcision is a stupid and absolutely misused word; and I personally really really dislike it too, in part for that, in part because I dislike circumcision to begin with.

Offline stephen.reilly79

• NSFW Access
  • Just a guy who sometimes likes being pulled back
« Reply #13 on: 2015-03-12 09:41:55 »
Some people are waaaaaay off the rocker.

Admin is right — autocircumcision is a stupid and absolutely misused word; and I personally really really dislike it too, in part for that, in part because I dislike circumcision to begin with.

Agreed. And that's what I find strange about that thread, the fact there are people arguing that because we choose to retract our foreskins we have some sort of fetish for circumcision. I personally have very strong opinions against circumcision, but if an adult wants to get circumcised that's their decision and their decision alone. And if an adult wants to wear their skin back then that's their decision. Just as if a man wants to grow his hair long, or if a woman wants to have their hair cut short, that's their decision. Maybe it's not the societal norm, but they're entitled to do what they want with their own body as long as they're not hurting anyone else.

The opinions on that thread seem to suggest a great deal of tunnel vision. I can appreciate that their opinions are probably coloured by the fact that they were circumcised at a young age and are now actively trying to restore their lost foreskins, but I find it surprising that they seem to struggle to comprehend that people choose to do things for different reasons. There are people on here who skin back for medical reasons, there are people who skin back for reasons of aesthetic preference, there are those who skin back for sensual reasons, sexual reasons, and probably other reasons too. As for why we don't just go the whole hog and get circumcised? Because we can have the best of both worlds.

Also it seems an incredibly aggressive forum. I'd not hang around a forum like that personally.
Married, bi-curious, skinned back on and off since 2001

Offline njshore37

• NSFW Access
  • Novice giving retraction a try...at age 63
« Reply #14 on: 2015-03-12 14:25:26 »
Yes,  this forum is very helpful and non judgemental.  I'm glad I found it. I hope more members will post their views, too.
64 year old giving the retracted foreskin a cautious try. Motivated by hygiene, look, and desire for some desensitization (not too much).  Happy I found this forum.. Advice welcome!