Author Topic: Should I tie my frenulum or not? (with pictures)  (Read 22996 times)

Offline Loveboy100

• NSFW Access
Should I tie my frenulum or not? (with pictures)
« on: 2018-03-21 20:20:19 »
Hi everybody, since I have discovered this site I have been trying to keep my penis retracted, with mixed success.
Right now I am wondering if I should tie my frenulum as I don't have a tight frenulum at all, but it seems however to be pulling the foreskin forward over my glans despite not being so tight.

I hope you guys can give me some advice on what to do. I have added pictures, going from erect to semi-erect.

Offline Loveboy100

• NSFW Access
Re: Should I tie my frenulum or not? (with pictures)
« Reply #1 on: 2018-03-21 20:21:05 »
And the last four pictures:

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2018-03-21 23:05:20 »
It depends on what you want. Your frenulum is not very active, but it does pull the skin forward some. Tying it off could reduce the pull, but I doubt that it will magically make your foreskin stay back on its own all the time. Loosing the frenulum should make training it to stay back easier, but you will still have to train it like the rest of us.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #3 on: 2018-03-22 01:26:02 »
Hmmm. It doesn't look very short tbh. I doubt it's what's causing the skin to go forward. It looks more like you have a lot of skin on the shaft that's pushing it forward.

Offline Loveboy100

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2018-03-22 10:15:56 »
Hmmm. It doesn't look very short tbh. I doubt it's what's causing the skin to go forward. It looks more like you have a lot of skin on the shaft that's pushing it forward.
I know, and yet I can't seem to get the spoon method to work. Shouldn't that be very easy with a long foreskin?

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #5 on: 2018-03-22 19:31:49 »
Not necessarily, the spoon method is pretty damn fiddly and doesn't work unless you've got a very specific kind of dick.

Are you a grower or a shower?

Offline Loveboy100

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2018-03-23 00:32:35 »
Not necessarily, the spoon method is pretty damn fiddly and doesn't work unless you've got a very specific kind of dick.

Are you a grower or a shower?
I am a grower

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #7 on: 2018-03-23 00:56:55 »
Yeah that's... usually the main issue :P Spoon method just doesn't work for growers cause the shaft skin will roll forward anyway, or it'll come undone when erect.

Have you tried any other techniques?

Offline gdlow96

« Reply #8 on: 2018-03-23 03:00:23 »
you look very cut though !! nice progress

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2018-03-23 06:07:31 »
you look very cut though !! nice progress

Disagree. He looks very uncut with a naturally minimal frenulum, which looks far better than a scarred cut.

Loveboy100, tying your frenulum will do nothing to help keep the foreskin back. I agree with Soundsgreat that it is probably the force of the foreskin on the shaft trying to return to an uncompressed position. If that forward pressure is greater than the resistance that the corona of the glans puts on the ridged band, then the foreskin will roll on to the head. Having a thick foreskin and loose ridged band means this is quite likely to happen.

I think the spoon method also doesn't work well if you have thick inner foreskin and loose ridged band.

Permanently retracted since September of 2010.

Offline Loveboy100

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2018-03-23 15:57:54 »
Yeah that's... usually the main issue :P Spoon method just doesn't work for growers cause the shaft skin will roll forward anyway, or it'll come undone when erect.

Have you tried any other techniques?
Yes, I am currently (since two weeks) trying a silicone glans ring. This works pretty good, except when I sleep my foreskin comes back over the glans sometimes.

This is the ring I use:
https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Peritomize-Correction-Appliance-Transparent/dp/B00KFXDW16?th=1

Pictures while wearing the ring:

Offline Loveboy100

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2018-03-23 16:00:37 »
Disagree. He looks very uncut with a naturally minimal frenulum, which looks far better than a scarred cut.

Loveboy100, tying your frenulum will do nothing to help keep the foreskin back. I agree with Soundsgreat that it is probably the force of the foreskin on the shaft trying to return to an uncompressed position. If that forward pressure is greater than the resistance that the corona of the glans puts on the ridged band, then the foreskin will roll on to the head. Having a thick foreskin and loose ridged band means this is quite likely to happen.

I think the spoon method also doesn't work well if you have thick inner foreskin and loose ridged band.

I realize tying my frenulum will not magically make my foreskin stay forward, but wouldn't it help a bit?

Also: do you guys think I can ever reach a state of permanent retraction (a state where I stay retracted without helping tools)?

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #12 on: 2018-03-23 17:24:09 »
I think the frenulum does less to "pull the foreskin forward" than a lot of guys seem to think. I feel like it works more like a "ramp" to help the foreskin start to roll over the glans along the bottom, and then it can continue to wrap around to the top of the corona.

Whether or not you can achieve retraction with no assistance can't really be answered ;D it's very individual.

That being said, the ring looks like it's working pretty well! The skin rolling forward at night might just be a temporary thing, so keep at it. If that continues being a problem, you might get a thicker ring to wear at night to make sure it can't roll forward.

Offline Johnscot

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2018-03-23 17:42:14 »
You could buy a sheet of silicon on eBay and make your own ring. That way you can customise to your own requirements and make it wider so your foreskin can't slide over at night.

Offline Loveboy100

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2018-03-23 18:33:05 »
I think the frenulum does less to "pull the foreskin forward" than a lot of guys seem to think. I feel like it works more like a "ramp" to help the foreskin start to roll over the glans along the bottom, and then it can continue to wrap around to the top of the corona.
That's an interesting theory, but then still, it will less function as a "ramp" if I tie it?

That being said, the ring looks like it's working pretty well! The skin rolling forward at night might just be a temporary thing, so keep at it. If that continues being a problem, you might get a thicker ring to wear at night to make sure it can't roll forward.
Thanks for the advice! You may even be right, as last night I woke up for the first time with my foreskin still retracted!  :D