Author Topic: Issues after two weeks of 'Spoon Method" (Swelling at the frenulum and PE)  (Read 3938 times)

Offline ultracoq10

Hello all,

I've been using the spoon method for the past two weeks. Everything is going good except some swelling under my penis head where the frenulum is located. It seems the tuck of the foreskin is causing that area of my penis to swell slightly. But my real issue is the side effects of this swelling.
I seem to have developed a mild case of premature ejaculation during my two weeks pulled back. During sex with my girlfriend I have noticed a large spike in sensitivity. So much so that even the "pull out and pinch the penis head" trick does little to nothing in terms of stopping my ejaculation.
To pinpoint the problem I masturbated with lube and my penis pulled back via the spoon method. I found that rubbing my semi-swollen frenulum reached me to orgasm extremely quickly. This would make since as I have read a study claiming a tight frenulum is the "hidden" cause of PE.

My question lies in should I continue and the light swelling near the fenulum will subside over time or stop all together? I currently have my foreskin pulled back behind my head without any special methods. I like the feeling of my exposed head but how quickly I reach orgasm during sex or masturbation is absolutely not worth it for me.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all that have read this far.

Offline Daffyskin

• NSFW Access
  • The beauty of a foreskin is in pulling it back.
Sorry to hear that, interesting though because many people here are using retraction as a way to reduce sensitivity and last longer.
I wouldn't worry about the swelling unless it gets very bad or painful. It is a natural reaction of the sensitive skin to being exposed. It should reduce and disappear with time. You could take a break and stay covered for a while to give it chance to subside and then retract again.
It could be that the new exposure has made the frenulum temporarily more sensitive while it is swollen, in which case it should get better eventually. Also, it may be that the permanent exposure is constantly stimulating you to a level where you don't last as long as you used to. Again, I think that would pass as you become accustomed to the exposure and feeling.
I wish you well.
Full-time retractor.
I just love tucking back and free-balling.

Offline ultracoq10

Sorry to hear that, interesting though because many people here are using retraction as a way to reduce sensitivity and last longer.
I wouldn't worry about the swelling unless it gets very bad or painful. It is a natural reaction of the sensitive skin to being exposed. It should reduce and disappear with time. You could take a break and stay covered for a while to give it chance to subside and then retract again.
It could be that the new exposure has made the frenulum temporarily more sensitive while it is swollen, in which case it should get better eventually. Also, it may be that the permanent exposure is constantly stimulating you to a level where you don't last as long as you used to. Again, I think that would pass as you become accustomed to the exposure and feeling.
I wish you well.

Thanks for the reply Daffyskin.
I did originally start retracting for the look and to reduce some sensitivity on my penis head aswell. It's odd how the underside of my penis looks with the spoon method, very puffy and pink. I think I may start retracting without any methods (just pulled back) and see if the sensitivity at my frenulum subsides. I would be more keen on giving the spoon method another longer shot but because of work I can only see my girlfriend on the weekends and don't want to ruin our time together sexually.
I never though of the constant stimulation from a exposed head. But, what is strange is these last two weeks I have not had the urge to masturbate as much as I normally do. I'm confused on the entire situation
Thanks so much for the reply, Daffyskin.

Offline jpatjay80

• NSFW Access
I am having the same issue described here, been using the spoon method to tuck for about 2 weeks now, and everything seems fine except the frenulum.  It's slightly swollen and puffy/red, it's been like this for over a week now with no signs of coming back down.  How long did you wait? While it's sensitive, I'm not finding and premature ejaculation with it, but it's certainly something I would like to address if possible 🤔

Offline Mafik13

• NSFW Access
Speaking from my experience. At start of your journey is good to make some breakers from exposing the glans. I started with one week of pulling back, one week covered, then two weeks pulled, one week break, when i get over three weeks period any swelling stopped.