Author Topic: Flaring out the glans.  (Read 21299 times)

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
Flaring out the glans.
« on: 2016-08-31 23:33:20 »
Looking at the introduction posted by Pasford he asked if anyone had any ideas on how to make the glans flare out. I would really like to increase the flare on my glans as well. Can anyone point me to a website or describe a good technique to do this?

Offline soundsgreat87

Re: Flaring out the glans.
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-01 16:21:18 »
This really is kind of the "holy grail" of skinning back, but I've never seen any real evidence that it's possible to cause it to happen. Some guys claim it happened to them after skinning back for a while, but it's just anecdotes. I've never seen proper before-and-after pictures or measurements.

My guess is it's either genetic, so you don't have any control over it; or the glans really does expand from being allowed to puff up freely.

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-02 03:52:51 »
I've become convinced that it is friction from clothes that causes the flaring corona. Men with the tightest circumcisions often seem to have the most flared glans because the glans rim never gets covered by any amount of downward fiction from clothes. Over years of friction pulling down, the corona is stretched and allows more blood to fill that area.

So when forward, its not the foreskin squeezing the glans and stopping it from expanding out. Its the complete lack of friction pulling force from clothes, that force going into the foreskin and shaft skin instead.

I found these two photos of a guy who had a second circumcision to tighten the skin. You can see that the part of the glans which would be covered by skin when under any friction pulling down, is far less flared than the front edge of the glans that didn't get covered with skin.

Permanently retracted since September of 2010.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #3 on: 2016-09-02 04:07:16 »
Hey, I buy that theory! I find that even though my head has been exposed for a year, the retraction method I use usually shields the corona from friction, so I haven't gotten much change there. It would also explain why cut guys are less likely to have PPP, since they just get rubbed off.

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2016-09-02 04:33:32 »
For me, even though my foreskin has been back now for six years, because it sits in a bunch behind the glans, that is where all the friction pulling force has gone, and the corona hasn't been stretched much at all. So I've recently been trying stretches using a round shoe lace. I just hold a length of it between the forefinger and thumb of both hands, and rest my dick on the other six fingers. Then I just place the shoelace under or on a part of the corona and push down and away so the rim is stretched towards the end of the penis until the shoelace slips fully onto the head, I then replace it back under or on the rim and do it again. I believe this has already increased the flare slightly and further reduced my ppp. The rim kind of feels more spongy too I think.
Permanently retracted since September of 2010.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #5 on: 2016-09-02 04:51:41 »
Huh, interesting! I should try doing that for a while and see if it does anything. I'd like to find a way to skin back that exposes the corona more, but since I'm a grower, I don't know if that's really possible.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2016-09-02 18:28:05 »
well its something to try, i assume that the lace has to be thin enough to just go under the head?
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2016-09-02 21:03:31 »
Definitely worth a go! Thanks for the idea.

Offline lvprcm25

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2016-09-03 16:06:06 »
For me, even though my foreskin has been back now for six years, because it sits in a bunch behind the glans, that is where all the friction pulling force has gone, and the corona hasn't been stretched much at all. So I've recently been trying stretches using a round shoe lace. I just hold a length of it between the forefinger and thumb of both hands, and rest my dick on the other six fingers. Then I just place the shoelace under or on a part of the corona and push down and away so the rim is stretched towards the end of the penis until the shoelace slips fully onto the head, I then replace it back under or on the rim and do it again. I believe this has already increased the flare slightly and further reduced my ppp. The rim kind of feels more spongy too I think.

This is an intriguing process. I hope you could provide a diagram of how that works with the shoelace. In regards to the PPP's,  I was circumcised in my early 20's not by choice 20+ years ago. The PPP's appear to have been reduced in size a little but never gone completely away. In actuality they become more prominent when I manually expand the glans. I've taken note as well that on a good portion of circumcised men, done at birth, still have some markings on the ridge of their glans, some are more visible than on others and I think skin pigmentation affects the visibility of them.  By that same token,  I've observed on some uncircumcised men no notably visible PPP's. Just some observations.

Offline adonis

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2018-01-19 03:10:07 »
I've become convinced that it is friction from clothes that causes the flaring corona. Men with the tightest circumcisions often seem to have the most flared glans because the glans rim never gets covered by any amount of downward fiction from clothes. Over years of friction pulling down, the corona is stretched and allows more blood to fill that area.

So when forward, its not the foreskin squeezing the glans and stopping it from expanding out. Its the complete lack of friction pulling force from clothes, that force going into the foreskin and shaft skin instead.

I found these two photos of a guy who had a second circumcision to tighten the skin. You can see that the part of the glans which would be covered by skin when under any friction pulling down, is far less flared than the front edge of the glans that didn't get covered with skin.

Ive noticed this too. I think both effects work in synergy (friction, and no foreskin constraining the glans)

I wonder. What if you were to stay skinned back 24/7, and then spend 10 mins every day rubbing your corona with some kind of clothing. Giving yourself a super dose of friction each day, more than what a tightly cut guy would get from incidental friction from clothing. What would happen? I might have to try.

Or do you think it's more from a *constant* slight downward pull from underwear/jeans?
« Last Edit: 2018-01-19 03:16:11 by adonis »

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2018-01-19 20:48:05 »
Interesting. I am curious to know if anyone has had much success with this shoelace method described by Aftskin. It's been a while since he posted about it, and it would be nice to see an update.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2018-01-20 11:43:47 »
i was wondering the same as i an like soundsgreat87 i am skinned back 24/7 and not seen that effect
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline 4skin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2018-01-20 21:50:03 »
I haven't read all the posts, but wanted to add my thoughts/experience on this matter..

Well.. "Flaring out" should mean that your glans gets bigger and "wider", right?

If that is the case, then I shall tell you my thoughts on this:

I think the "bigger glans" after pulling back your foreskin for a while results in the fact that no foreskin "pushes" on your glans any longer. Therefore more blood can flow easier inside your glans, swelling it up.

Just imagine when you are hard as fuck and you squeeze on your glans for a while. Your glans will get much smaller and softer...
(If you haven't tried this before, do so. It really is a hot feeling.. :-) )

So without the foreskin constricting your glans for maximised blodfloow. You should get a much bigger glans with time :-)

I am to 100% sure that this is the reason why, atleast my glans is ...huge, really!

Like I said. I can assure you that I did experience this on my own :-)

Offline RetractedinCornwall

« Reply #13 on: 2018-01-22 09:43:58 »
I don’t believe the glans gets larger.  However, if you look at my pic on page 2 of the gallery labelled “better”, you will see that, because I broke my frenulum years ago, my glans has flared upwards - Trust me, it didn’t look like this before then.  In fact, I believe my glans is now shorter than before, but broader and snub-nosed, just as circumcised cocks are.  I have a visible crease across the middle of my glans where it has flared upwards now that the frenulum is no longer pulling it back and down.

I make no great claims about my size, its no mushroom head and my shaft is average, at just under 5 inches circumference, but I have definitely seen a change in shape, one I am very happy with as it resembles a cut cock

Offline FormerRetractor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2018-02-07 23:24:22 »
After some thought, I think that I agree with Aftskin, having no foreskin anywhere near the glans, does seem to me, to make the glans more prominent.  At least that has been my experience.  My glans used to be slimmer, but after years of exposure it seems larger.