Author Topic: Opening attachments  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Rod010

• NSFW Access
Opening attachments
« on: 2020-05-29 16:38:23 »
Hi is there a way to open attachments on posts? Do I have to do something other than click on the icon?
I see there's an attachment on a post but I am unable to access it. Just wondering

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
Re: Opening attachments
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-29 17:38:51 »
It's part of the recent permission rework that doesn't give NSFW access to the entire world.

Offline Rod010

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2020-05-29 18:16:14 »
Ok well I see that the post has an attachment but it's not an active link, I thought perhaps I needed to be a paid subscriber or something.
Thanks

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 2020-05-29 22:16:04 »
Oh I definitely don't want to open the can of worms of asking money XD

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2020-05-30 03:19:58 »
Ok well I see that the post has an attachment but it's not an active link, I thought perhaps I needed to be a paid subscriber or something.
Thanks
The links are active. I believe what Kylar is trying to say that you need to just register to become active with no fee involved to open the links. They don't want just anybody with access to be able to view the attachments, only registered members.

Offline Rod010

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2020-05-31 02:05:46 »
Thanks but I understood that I was already registered, If I wasn't how could I log in and post to the forum? Perhaps I don't understand what I'm supposed to do to register. I did submit a form and seemed to have some issues with passwords and user names being acceptable, but I got an email saying they had received my request. I then used my user name and password and the site accepted them. If there's something else I need to do I'm not sure what that is.
Thanks for the reply