Author Topic: Afraid of being retracted because of paraphimosis.  (Read 4298 times)

Offline bioshock0706

• NSFW Access
I recently started retracting.

However, I am scared of doing it more than 1-2 days at a time, as I am afraid of waking up some morning and see that the foreskin is swollen and that I have paraphimosis.

How do I prevent this from happening?

Many thanks.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
Re: Afraid of being retracted because of paraphimosis.
« Reply #1 on: 2020-07-01 16:51:25 »
Are there actual signs that this would happen?  If you can go, say, 2 days, and you go to bed the first day retracted, are you not afraid then?

Offline bioshock0706

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2020-07-01 17:13:33 »
Are there actual signs that this would happen?  If you can go, say, 2 days, and you go to bed the first day retracted, are you not afraid then?

How do I know if there are signs? So far nothing has happened, but better safe than sorry.

Yes, I am afraid usually in the morning when I look at it, as I have no control on what might have happened during the night when I was asleep.

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2020-07-01 18:46:56 »
I recently started retracting.

However, I am scared of doing it more than 1-2 days at a time, as I am afraid of waking up some morning and see that the foreskin is swollen and that I have paraphimosis.

How do I prevent this from happening?

Many thanks.

If you really fear that, then retract during daytime for many months until the foreskin opening has become dilated and lax enough. At this point you should be safe.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #4 on: 2020-07-01 21:57:23 »
I don't know why people (not you!) spread all this fear about paraphimosis. I suspect it's mostly cut guys who have no idea how a foreskin works.

If you pull your skin back for hours and it doesn't swell up, then you have no risk of it happening. it literally only happens if your foreskin is so tight that it blocks fluid from flowing.

And if it does happen, do you know what the doctor will do? They'll push the head back into the foreskin. Seriously. That's the treatment.

I'm really curious to know what the actual statistics are of guys needing surgery for paraphimosis cause... it can't be that common.

Offline bioshock0706

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2020-07-01 23:44:03 »
Thanks for the replies!

Mine isn't tight at all.

It's actually a lot of skin (unrolled, it covers the whole head + it extends above it as i have extra skin). So much that even when erect, you can barely see the glans inside.

When pulled back, it stays on without any methods needed, simply because of how much skin there is - from the sheer weight of it. It doesn't tighten the glans, it simply stays behind it and looks like a bunch of rolls.

I presume it's ok, then?

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #6 on: 2020-07-02 00:12:06 »
Yup. I doubt you'll have any swelling at all.

Offline psyman

« Reply #7 on: 2020-07-02 15:47:44 »
I agree that paraphimosis risk is overblown. That being said, pain would be a likely warning sign.

Offline Fabik

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2020-07-02 16:34:27 »
Don't worry at some point during the lockout - my inner foreskin was so swollen it would look like a bubble. And even then, I could still roll it back to its original position. It did not hurt or anything. Now it still swells on mornings but not as much as it used to. I stop retracting for 2 hours and then everything's back to normal - enabling me to retrack aprox 22/24 - a major progress since last time where I did it daytime only where it was aprox 16/24.

I really thing you should not confuse swelling and paraphimosis. That's two unrelated conditions.

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2020-07-02 19:23:39 »
Thanks for the replies!

Mine isn't tight at all.

It's actually a lot of skin (unrolled, it covers the whole head + it extends above it as i have extra skin). So much that even when erect, you can barely see the glans inside.

When pulled back, it stays on without any methods needed, simply because of how much skin there is - from the sheer weight of it. It doesn't tighten the glans, it simply stays behind it and looks like a bunch of rolls.

I presume it's ok, then?

It's perfectly OK, I was like you. There is some swelling initially, but as other have written, a 2-hour break when need should get rid of the swelling. After some months, the swelling stops.