Author Topic: "Natural Circumcision - foreskin is disappearing" - video refering to research  (Read 6852 times)

Offline Marius

• NSFW Access
Whilst on youtube I found this video, referering to a chinese research repport which can be found here - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215657/

Natural Circumcision - foreskin is disappearing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHkD-MNA0ps

I haven´t read the study in full lenght, but what I find lacking in this video is the study of the frenulum, and how it correlate to the findings of less foreskin.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
The video is Interesting, although she talks about race, its interesting that a lot of the guys looked cut, with no indication that they had not. The assumption made from the video, is that the men, without any surgery has so short a foreskin that they looked circumcised. I have only seen a few videos in the west of guys who start of covered and when erect look they they have been cut. 
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
I  Notice that in te study they exclude circumcised people, but the picture show a penis with no foreskin does that relate then to the video?
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline Marius

• NSFW Access
I  Notice that in te study they exclude circumcised people, but the picture show a penis with no foreskin does that relate then to the video?

I think that the video is a mix of both circumcised men (some partial?) and intact.

I think creator of the video is biased towards the benefits of circumcision, and uses the study to make his point come acrosss

However with that said one can read the study and se what findings they did and how they reached their conclusions, I don´t know what paper the study was published in and what status it has in the scientific community.

Many things to consider... however nevertheless a interesting video.

Offline tomphillips2010

• NSFW Access
I wonder if it's a thing in South East Asia... I had a Japanese friend in uni, and after we graduated, we took a trip to Japan (he was going home, I was spending 3 weeks there). He took me to an onsen, which is like a naturally heated bath/hot spring. They're extremely popular in Japan, and it's a big part of their culture. It was a little weird as you have to enter completely naked - no towels or shorts. Before entering, my friend advised me to roll back my foreskin, which felt really weird, but his advice had proved bulletproof on every other aspect of my trip, so obliged. Being the only westerner in the onsen, i got a lot of attention - mainly because I had more body hair than the Japanese men, and also because of my penis.
I noticed that all the men appeared to be circumcised, which was odd, as I didn't know it was a thing in Japan. Anyway, I asked my friend, and he said the men were not circumcised - it was just traditional for men to keep their foreskin permanently retracted, mainly for aesthetic reasons. Japanese men view other men who have their foreskin covering their glans as less clean less pleasing. Japanese boys are urged to retract their foreskins as soon as they physically can, and they remain that way into adulthood. He showed me that he still had the remnants of his foreskin, but due to permanent retraction it had shrunk and almost disappeared. Apparently the Japanese men were asking why I had rolled back my 'anteater' - they are used to European men having their glans fully covered, with the tip of the foreskin like an ant-eaters nose!

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
Most of my Japanese friends (who are somewhere in their 20s) don't do that anymore, there might be something of a generational change.