News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Lidocaine

Started by HeroicGlance, 2023-09-21 20:49:11

Previous topic - Next topic

HeroicGlance

I'm nearing my two year mark since I went permanent - and for me, the process of autocircumcision has been 40% physical effort, and 60% mental.  I was able to keep my foreskin behind my glans without manipulation for years, before I finally was able to get over those initial few weeks of discomfort/sensation, and KEEP things that way.

While I know that a goodly number of readers might have actually enjoyed that initial adjustment period - it was always challenging for me.  I was never able to get past the 2-3 week point before somehow, it became so annoying that I had problems concentrating on my work, and I pushed things back down to turn off that persistent "alarm."

What finally got me past those first few weeks was application of 5% lidocaine.  I tried to find a higher concentration, but such is not available in my country without a prescription.

During the first week, I was applying it as needed - which (admittedly) was at a higher rate that was on the label.  That having been said - Lidocaine can be safely applied at the 10-15% concentration - albeit for short periods.  After a week, I started scaling back the frequency of application, and reached the recommended frequency of 3-4 applications a day by the end of the second week.  I think I continued to apply "as needed" for a couple weeks after that, but by then, it was probably only once or twice a day.

By the time I hit the end of month two, I had stopped using Lidocaine entirely.  The adjustment continued for a few more months - before it felt completely natural, but by far, it was the easiest "intro" to the process I ever had.  There were times in the first couple of days where I felt 100% natural, and could forget my foreskin was retracted (I had to sometimes manually feel, to make sure - and I was never disappointed.)

Since it's been over 22 months since my (former) foreskin passed my coronal ridge, I flatter myself by thinking I have been successful at permanent retraction.

Anyone else had similar experience with this method?
Retracting for 21 years. Heterosexual.

PossibleMagician130

Do you lose the "penis awareness" feeling that The Piemel described so accurately?

HeroicGlance

Quote from: PossibleMagician130 on 2023-09-23 12:51:35
Do you lose the "penis awareness" feeling that The Piemel described so accurately?

Well- during that initial week when I was applying Lidocaine "as needed," I did lose that "Penis awareness."

TBH, my goal during that initial period was to make things as unnoticeable down there, as it was when my foreskin was pulled forward, and I pretty much succeeded.  On the second day of application, my GF and I went on a five-mile walk and a ferry ride, and for most of the time I was unaware of my penis at all.

After I started scaling back, I got the awareness back, but thankfully, it was far more muted than it had been in any of my previous attempts.

These days - hmn.  It's hard to describe - it's just, well - there.

...But unless my mind is on that part of my body, I rarely really notice it anymore.  Sort of like your fingers - they are there all the time, but until you actually think about what you are touching, your mind tends to filter out most sensations - like a bit of background noise.

I will have to amend my OP, however - I do confess that I DID push my foreskin over my glans for about 2 seconds, about six months ago - simply out of curiosity of how it would feel.

Meh - after 14 months of constant exposure, I couldn't say I liked it much - and neither did my body.  TBH, pushing my glans back into my foreskin felt like trying to shove an XL pillow into a small pillowcase. I had to force the issue, and it took several attempts - when I succeeded, the skin sprung back immediately.  I don't see the value of doing so again...
Retracting for 21 years. Heterosexual.