Author Topic: Japanese laser surgery  (Read 9285 times)

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
Japanese laser surgery
« on: 2015-09-24 00:44:34 »
I found this video searching japanese google. It might solve the problem some of the guys here are having where the skin is bunched up and sometimes rolls forward. It's like a semi-circ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU-vXejiORo

Offline soundsgreat87

Re: Japanese laser surgery
« Reply #1 on: 2015-09-24 01:31:11 »
Isn't that basically a circumcision?

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2015-09-24 01:46:32 »
It looks like they just cut the tip of the foreskin off and roll it back behind the glans. My guess is they just shorten the foreskin a little rather than cutting the whole thing off and this stops it rolling forward. Dunno, can't read jap, but it looks like it would solve the problem a lot of us have where it bunches up and rolls forward and without having a full circumcision.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #3 on: 2015-09-24 07:36:24 »
It's not "jap", it's chinese. Hong Kong isn't exactly in Japan.

That is a circumcision. It's a very loose one, but yeah.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 2015-09-24 17:32:20 »
As long as the frenar band (the tip of the foreskin) is removed all around, no matter how much of the rest of the foreskin is removed, it is technically a circumcision.

Offline brownuncut

« Reply #5 on: 2015-11-26 05:06:18 »
I'm generally against circumcision, but this seems like a pretty good deal. Wouldn't it just be like having a shorter foreskin? Do doctors perform this kind of circumcision in the US?

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #6 on: 2015-11-26 05:10:47 »
It wouldn't, as it removes the ridged band and some of the inner foreskin. Technically this is no different than a sleeve resection circumcision, but might be a little looser than usual.

A circumcision that would be like having a shorter foreskin would be one that only removed shaft skin, like at the base. I believe there's a doc who specializes in that.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2015-11-26 09:31:04 »
A circumcision that would be like having a shorter foreskin would be one that only removed shaft skin, like at the base. I believe there's a doc who specializes in that.

That wouldn't be quite like just having a shorter foreskin either, because it would displace the rigid band. There would be more inner foreskin than outer, and so the the rigid band, and part of the inner foreskin would be flipped inside out.

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2015-11-27 05:21:00 »
That wouldn't be quite like just having a shorter foreskin either, because it would displace the rigid band. There would be more inner foreskin than outer, and so the the rigid band, and part of the inner foreskin would be flipped inside out.

A person with a short foreskin could easily have the same amount of inner foreskin as someone with a longer foreskin with much more shaft skin.
Permanently retracted since September of 2010.

Offline FormerRetractor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2015-12-06 22:01:14 »

I'm generally against circumcision, but this seems like a pretty good deal. Wouldn't it just be like having a shorter foreskin? Do doctors perform this kind of circumcision in the US?

Before I had a complete circumcision the doctor tried the "semi" on me;  he removed almost half an inch of my foreskin.  All that really did is that I had a shorter overhang if covered, and less "turtleneck" when retracted.  In my ignorance, and the doctor's, I didn't realize that the frenulum needed to be cut.  So eventually he talked me into a full circ.  I wish I had known that if I dealt with my super tight frenulum, I could have kept my foreskin;  the retraction would have been satisfactory.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #10 on: 2015-12-07 00:25:31 »
Like I've said already: it's a circumcision. Circumcision removes a band of skin typically straddling the line between inner and outer foreskin, which is exactly what this procedure does. They might do it with a laser instead of a scalpel, but the end result is exactly the same.