Author Topic: Different taping method  (Read 10773 times)

Offline pelagian

• NSFW Access
Different taping method
« on: 2017-09-11 09:37:35 »
Going through some old copies of HIM magazine, I found a letter about 'keeping it back' which I had marked in no 62 (August 1992). The writer says that when he was working in West Africa, he found keeping his foreskin back was helpful in avoiding sweatiness and soreness - along with shaving his pubes.

His method was as follows:
In the evening have a wank 'in the normal manner, keeping your foreskin pulled back behind the glans'.
Then have a shower and dry carefully.
Bunch up the loose skin behind the glans ridge.
Using 1/2" or 3/4" zinc oxide plaster, stick one strip 'under the skin at the back of the glans and laterally along the top of your cock for about 1.5" to help prevent the skin from sliding forward. Use another strip of plaster circumferentially to keep the skin bunched up. This should go only about three-quarters of the way round or it may restrict circulation.'
Leave the plasters on for two or three days and avoid 'unnecessary sexual stimulation' (!). Then soak them off, relax for a couple of hours with skin still back, and repeat the treatment.

The writer said that two or three weeks of this was probably enough to make the foreskin stay back permanently. He said he had done it 20 years before, and 'it now takes quite a lot of force to get my skin to come forward over my glans, and it retracts again naturally quite quickly even when I am flaccid'.

I remember trying it, and working out you more or less have the plaster strips in a T-shape, but I was never clear whether the first one (he means longditudinally, I think) goes on top of the penis or underneath it. I tried both, but found it was all to fiddly!

Has anyone tried this method?
Pulled back for about 20 years, circumcised in 2013. Real men have bare helmets!!!

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
Re: Different taping method
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-11 17:39:56 »
I have never tried this method, or even heard of it. It's interesting, but I don't really understand his description.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-11 18:16:45 »
Have to agree, seems a bit difficult, he may have been able to retract as he says that helped his technique
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-11 18:32:39 »
I remember trying it, and working out you more or less have the plaster strips in a T-shape, but I was never clear whether the first one (he means longditudinally, I think) goes on top of the penis or underneath it. I tried both, but found it was all to fiddly!
I think it has to go on top, and he even says so in his description "...stick one strip 'under the skin at the back of the glans and laterally along the top of your cock for about 1.5...". But your description, clarifying that the first trip must go longitudinally, and that the tape forms a "T" is very helpful. I think it actually forms an upside down "T", from my perspective.  I am trying it now, for the first time. I'm not sure I got it right, but it's something I want to experiment with.

Offline pelagian

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2017-09-13 12:56:59 »
Yes, it took me a while to work out what he meant! Ithink it goes something like:
Pull back the skin.
Put a piece of tape along the length of your dick, from just behind the glans ridge towards your body. This goes on top of your dick.
Put another piece round your dick, over the rolled-up skin.

As with most such, I think it works best if you have a fair bit of shaft length when flaccid. Getting an erection is not a good idea, as it rips the tape off!

But I'll be interested to hear if others have any success with it. Unless the original writer is a member of this group, there's no way of contacting him to explain further, as all the names and locations of the letter-writers were changed!
Pulled back for about 20 years, circumcised in 2013. Real men have bare helmets!!!

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2017-09-13 15:38:47 »
I've been trying this method for the past few days, and the things I find most advantageous about it are that it's comfortable, it keeps the skin immobile, thus encouraging consistent wrinkling of the skin and it really keeps the foreskin opening stretched open, more than most other methods. I find that last point particularly interesting, and I think it has significant potential for accelerating progress for this reason. That being said, I don't particularly like the fact that it encourages the skin to bunch up primarily right behind the glans, as opposed to promoting wrinkling further down the shaft. Still, and interesting method. I'm glad you posted about. Thanks! :D

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2017-09-13 15:56:37 »
Oh, one other thing. I have not experience the tape ripping off with erections. And I don't experience any discomfort with them either. It may be because I'm not taping it back super tight. I tried that at first, but it just made my flaccid pecker curl upward like a banan, which looked funny in my pants when going commando. So I loosened it up a bit, and now it hangs flat. So far I've been using 3M Nexcare Absolute Waterproof tape. I'm interested in trying different tapes, especially KT tape, which I've always favored for the other taping method, because of how thin, flexible and secure it is. but I went with Absolute Waterproof for this one, because I thought it would be gentler to remove from the inner foreskin area. And I believe it is. I was initially worried that it wouldn't hold well enough, or that it would be too bulky. And it is a little bulky, but not too bad. And it's working well.

Offline pelagian

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2017-09-18 16:21:15 »
Interesting to hear how you are getting on with it.

Also your different tapes. I used Micropore, as it's far less bulky than zinc oxide plaster - and is easier to remove.

I've been trying this method for the past few days, and the things I find most advantageous about it are that it's comfortable, it keeps the skin immobile, thus encouraging consistent wrinkling of the skin and it really keeps the foreskin opening stretched open, more than most other methods. I find that last point particularly interesting, and I think it has significant potential for accelerating progress for this reason. That being said, I don't particularly like the fact that it encourages the skin to bunch up primarily right behind the glans, as opposed to promoting wrinkling further down the shaft. Still, and interesting method. I'm glad you posted about. Thanks! :D

Offline Teasle

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2017-09-19 15:26:13 »
Sound really interesting, could one of you post a picture of how to do this or use some paint skills :D?!

Offline raj

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2017-09-19 16:39:16 »
Interesting to hear how you are getting on with it.

Also your different tapes. I used Micropore, as it's far less bulky than zinc oxide plaster - and is easier to remove.

want to try this method. ;D

can you provide web link about the micropore tape you used

Offline pelagian

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2017-09-20 11:23:22 »
Here is a link to an Amazon seller:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micropore-Surgical-Tape-5M-1-25Cm/dp/B003CGBGE8/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1505906501&sr=8-4&keywords=micropore+tape

But you can buy it at any pharmacy - well, in the UK, anyway! It comes in various widths, so choose th eone that suits you best.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2017-09-23 17:49:49 »
This is one of the few methods where Micropore tape might actually work well. I think a more elastic tape would still be better choice, but it's probably not essential for this method, because the tape doesn't go all the way around the penis. Whenever I read that someone is using it for the regular tape method, I just don't get it.  :P

I will try to make some drawings and post a tutorial of how I do it one day soon.

Offline Teasle

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2018-01-06 13:17:52 »
I dont really get this method, I tried it today but without success... here are some pictures maybe you guys can help me figure it out!

https://i.imgur.com/LqR8YxQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MmxoU0Q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ta90glc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ArZB8a6.jpg

Offline pelagian

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2018-01-06 15:21:28 »
Interesting. I think I used to put the 'cross piece' higher up, so the two pieces formed a T shape. But taping never worked for me, as there was just too much foreskin!!

Offline Teasle

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2018-01-06 15:33:09 »
mh i can try that but i dont think that will change much, the skin will just come forward :(