News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

What was the biggest mistake you made, when you first tried retraction?

Started by HeroicGlance, 2023-07-08 02:24:44

Previous topic - Next topic

HeroicGlance

This is our collective "jackass" thread - where we can admit to our mistakes/stupidity, and how/why it happened. The purposes is to educate others on what NOT to do.

I'll start:

I knew jack-all about circumcision until I was 10.  At that point, I was required to use the gym shower at my (USA) school, and I was the only one who was NOT cut.

I sincerely thought I was some sort of mutant - but I was relieved when I found out I was actually nature's "default" around 12.

However, in those intervening 18 months, boy did I try some bizarre stuff to correct my "Mutation."

The worst was actually applying rubber cement to my coronal glans and foreskin, to keep them "in their proper places."

I Still remember the pain, to this day...
Retracting for 21 years. Heterosexual.

camchain

Poor you. Hope you recovered and and you are ok now. Mine, i just wish i had started sooner, i didn't know about such thing's so was late, i started to pull it back at around 16, but didn't start to keep it back till at least 10 years later. Wish i had know about it when i was a boy.

PossibleMagician130

Oh my lord, that's terrible

What caused the pain, and were there any injuries or temporary impairments?

Quote from: HeroicGlance on 2023-07-08 02:24:44
This is our collective "jackass" thread - where we can admit to our mistakes/stupidity, and how/why it happened. The purposes is to educate others on what NOT to do.

I'll start:

I knew jack-all about circumcision until I was 10.  At that point, I was required to use the gym shower at my (USA) school, and I was the only one who was NOT cut.

I sincerely thought I was some sort of mutant - but I was relieved when I found out I was actually nature's "default" around 12.

However, in those intervening 18 months, boy did I try some bizarre stuff to correct my "Mutation."

The worst was actually applying rubber cement to my coronal glans and foreskin, to keep them "in their proper places."

I Still remember the pain, to this day...

HeroicGlance

No impairments- understand - this was over 20 years ago.
Retracting for 21 years. Heterosexual.

PossibleMagician130

Quote from: HeroicGlance on 2023-07-15 04:09:17
No impairments- understand - this was over 20 years ago.

That is good

Now on to my story. This happened recently, just last year. I was trying out the double taping method, but made two critical mistakes

1. I used micropore paper tape from 3M, which is quite rigid, and adheres strongly to skin. This was a tape I've always had trouble removing from my foreskin after applying it
2. I tried to wear it while out and about, for as long as was comfortable

The tape became uncomfortable very quickly, as in distressingly uncomfortable, with the beginning of deep pain possibly because it was causing ischemia. It took too many agonising minutes to find a private place to remove the tape. When I tried to remove the tape, it was stuck fast to my foreskin and to itself. I tried to wet the tape, but it was water resistant. In the past I would use oils to loosen the adhesive by soaking in from the outside, but this time I had no time to find oil to do that, so I tried to rub the water into the tape to loosen the adhesive or the paper itself. This only helped minimally. In the end, with the pain increasing in severity, I used brute force to tear the tape off. It was painful, but when pulling off the last coil from around my foreskin as quickly/slowly as I could bear, I felt a very sharp painful twinge deep in my penis on the left side.

With the stricture gone, the pain also went away quite quickly, apart from very sore inner foreskin that had just had micropore ripped off it. However, now every time I got even a small erection, or at random times, I would get a sharp, painful, deep twinge inside my penis, and this lasted for two weeks.

I'm not sure what happened, but I may have injured an internal vessel. It has since resolved, and my penis is back to normal, but it's quite concerning because some of these injuries are cumulative and may worsen with age. I have no idea if I will have side effects from this years down the line.

I think the lesson I learned here is to use an abundance of caution when it comes to penis related matters.

soundsgreat87

I used a ring of elastic material (like the kind that underwear waistbands are made of), rolled the foreskin backwards over it, and tucked the end of the foreskin under the band. It was really comfortable.

Then I took a three mile walk. Turns out, the edges of elastic material are pretty rough when you rub them against thin skin for a long time, like on a three mile walk. I had two thin rings of scabs on my outer foreskin for like a week. I can still see the scars sometimes.  :(

Brimmy

I always remember wanting a pulled back dick since being younger. to the point that i vividly remember being on my front porch, couldnt have been older than 6 or 7 - and panicking because the toilet paper i put under my foreskin had gone all soggy and I didnt think id ever get it off. I think my aim was to dry it out somehow? No idea lmao, kid brain ...

DiagonalFunctor

Quote from: Brimmy on 2023-07-19 03:20:09
I always remember wanting a pulled back dick since being younger. to the point that i vividly remember being on my front porch, couldnt have been older than 6 or 7 - and panicking because the toilet paper i put under my foreskin had gone all soggy and I didnt think id ever get it off. I think my aim was to dry it out somehow? No idea lmao, kid brain ...

That happened to me too, multiple times and even at an older age. :D

When I was a kid I tried retraction for the first time because I wanted to look like my classmates in the shared showers who were literally all cut. At first I didn't even know about the concept of circumcision so I just thought that you're supposed have the skin retracted. Well, I was maybe at the higher end of sensitivity because once, when I didn't have enough time to roll it back and had to go retracted for the rest of the day and even go running with it. I literally scraped the skin of my glans off. It was basically one layer less and bloody from the rubbing, so that was my biggest mistake when retracting back in the day - always take small and gradual steps. I remember being flabbergasted by the fact that it didn't bother my classmates to have the sensitive head grazing against their underwear all day. When I asked me friend he didn't get it, it was like asking why clothes don't hurt my shoulders or something, so yeah, definitely felt like some sort of mutant.

scotsguy27

I once tried hairspray lol my logic was it holds hair in place why not foreskin  :o all it done was leave my boxers sticky and irritated my glans

PermanetlyBareKnob

I'm in US, and growing up, I didn't know about circumcision.  To me, it looked like all the other boys had learned out to roll up their foreskins in a tidy roll that stayed behind their glans.  From a VERY early age, I tried endlessly to figure out how they did it, and would literally try to roll up my foreskin like a rug down my shaft instead of sliding it back, but of course that never worked.

I never lost my interest in trying to keep my glans exposed, so it was so great when I stumbled aceoss forums like this in my adulthood and finally learned effective techniques!