News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

What is going on?

Started by CuriousSkinner, 2024-04-19 12:40:43

Previous topic - Next topic

CuriousSkinner

Hi All

I am looking for a bit of advice really that I suppose maybe isnt directly related to pulling back. I have been pulling back intermittently for years without any real problems. If anything I think it has helped to loosen up my foreskin.

But something has happened in the last fortnight, which I cant put my finger on. The head of my dick went quite red and sore which I was worried may be balanitis (something I have never had before). That has gone off now, but I still have an itching/burning sensation right around the end of my foreskin at the opening. It has improved from what it was, but it still isnt right.

Something I have noticed is that the end of my foreskin now has what I can probably describe as more of a phimotic ring. The skin is stlightly different in colour and feels almost smoother/shinier and is of course a little sore. I can still pull back, but it is tighter than it was before for sure.

Any ideas on what is going on or what I should do?

I am quite reluctant to put anything on my dick that might make things worse and I have stopped retracting for the time being in case its making things worse. But any advice welcome.

I accept I may have to go see a doctor, but I thought I would ask you guys first! Especially as I dont want the first thing the doctors to do is recommend cutting it off!

ThePiemel

Question, did anything emotional or stressful happen to you recently?

What you write ticks all the boxes of balanitis. Which is often defined as an infection. An infection is when you catch an "alien" bacteria your body never met before. Like you catch a cold or a flue.

Most balanitis is just your natural balance of defenses getting tipped over. Microbes, part of your life and defenses, go wild. Nothing alien about it. Some guys much more sensitive to this than others. But when it happens, the penis is a regular spot. Yet when not sensitive in general, when it does hit you, you might not recognize it. Normally it goes away in a day or two as penises are brilliant in quick recovery.

CuriousSkinner

Quote from: ThePiemel on 2024-04-20 08:35:39Question, did anything emotional or stressful happen to you recently?

What you write ticks all the boxes of balanitis. Which is often defined as an infection. An infection is when you catch an "alien" bacteria your body never met before. Like you catch a cold or a flue.

Most balanitis is just your natural balance of defenses getting tipped over. Microbes, part of your life and defenses, go wild. Nothing alien about it. Some guys much more sensitive to this than others. But when it happens, the penis is a regular spot. Yet when not sensitive in general, when it does hit you, you might not recognize it. Normally it goes away in a day or two as penises are brilliant in quick recovery.

To be honest I have been doing some research and I came across a photo which looks exactly like what I have which has been described as Balanitis, so I think you are absolutely right. Fortunely the head has gone back to normal now, its just my foreskin left to sort out!

I have put on this morning some Sudocrem and a mixture of an aqueous cream, I hope that does some good rather than make things worse! I think because I know its not right, I am more concious of it and want to look at it more...if that makes sense?

Thanks for your reply :)

hamster7000

Disclaimer: not a medical professional

Balanitis can have different causes like bacterial/fungal/viral infection, irritation or autoimmune.

The smart option will be to reach for a medical help.

The unsafe option will be to try and treat it yourself. If you plan to do anything yourself( without doctor help) never start with corticosteroids (for autoimmune diseases). If you are wrong corticosteroids will make bacterial/fungal infections worse.

Clean it with plain water and try to limit exposure to chemicals in soaps/gels. Wash with water leftovers from pee if possible.

I think when the condition affects both the head and the foreskin that its called "Balanoposthitis". Search stuff about it, there might be more specific information for your case

CuriousSkinner

Thanks for replying. I know you are right about the doctors. I am very much hoping it has sorted itself out next week but otherwise I am going to bite the bullet.

I did have a go at pulling back earlier and it was actually fine once back.

Yeah I did read about the steroids and thought I would steer clear. Perhaps sudocrem wasn't my smartest move either, I might wash it off.

I'll Google Balanoposthitis

stephen.reilly79

There's another topic open at the moment with a very similar dicussion and conclusion. Long and short is: don't treat it unless you know what it is, and if you don't know what it is then see a doctor. It's embarrassing as hell, yes, but it's a mere 10 minutes of embarrassment to get the information you need to treat this thing correctly. Getting it wrong will only prolong your suffering or make things worse.

I'm recovering from an infection myself. Based on pictures I found online I thought it was lichen sclerosus (a chronic autoimmune disease with no cure as such — not something you want to get), but the doctor spent all of 10 seconds looking at it and correctly diagnosed a yeast infection. It's responded well to Canesten and I believe I'm on the home stretch for recovery now.
Married, bi-curious, skinned back on and off since 2001

CuriousSkinner

Yeah I know that you are absolutely right. Its a weird one isnt it, its looking much better today than it was for sure. But its still a bit tingly so I am in two minds as to whether to wait another couple of days, or if I should bite the bullet and go in and let them have a look.

Really glad you are on the mend. Was yours sore as well then?

Quote from: stephen.reilly79 on 2024-04-21 21:50:08There's another topic open at the moment with a very similar dicussion and conclusion. Long and short is: don't treat it unless you know what it is, and if you don't know what it is then see a doctor. It's embarrassing as hell, yes, but it's a mere 10 minutes of embarrassment to get the information you need to treat this thing correctly. Getting it wrong will only prolong your suffering or make things worse.

I'm recovering from an infection myself. Based on pictures I found online I thought it was lichen sclerosus (a chronic autoimmune disease with no cure as such — not something you want to get), but the doctor spent all of 10 seconds looking at it and correctly diagnosed a yeast infection. It's responded well to Canesten and I believe I'm on the home stretch for recovery now.

CuriousSkinner

Well I just posted on another thread, but it would seem I have taken some steps backwards and now I am wishing I had just gone to the doctors this last week as I am away with work for most of next week.

I have just tried a very small amount of Euomovate on mine to try and help I have resumed just trying to wash it with nothing but water. I have not done any pulling back at all this week either (Other than to wash and use the toilet of course)

It is so strange to have just come on seemingly out of nowhere!