Author Topic: 5 months on - a couple of questions  (Read 4100 times)

Offline GarethUK

• NSFW Access
5 months on - a couple of questions
« on: 2017-12-21 13:33:32 »
I just thought I'd post an update 5 months after finding this amazing (life changing even!) site. Things have really changed after several years of trying on and off to stay retracted when I felt like it but with very limited success (short fren, not very much foreskin but one that loved to re-set itself to default position as soon as it could) and getting fed up with trying to tape back and getting just an uncomfortable tangle. I had worked out for myself about using a glans ring with OK results, but  I tried coining after seeing it on here and, even though I didn't do it that much, my fren very quickly "gave in" and has stretched. I could very soon just put my skin back and it would stay there, so now I can just decide how I want to be for the day -and how great is that! It just sometimes rolls over again for no particular reason, but I've just worked out how to spoon and that seems to work well for keeping it more securely back. Most of the time I love the feeling of being bare headed, just sometimes it feels like a distraction I could do without. I'm very interested to find of late that sometimes my skin just retracts by itself and I'm not sure I'd like to lose the possibilty of going covered, also that I lose sensation in my glans if I go retracted for more than a day or so, but (so far at least) it recovers quickly when I go "natural" again.  I'd be very interested to know if anyone else finds this happens - perhaps you just can't have it both ways and there isn't always a perfect solution! When I'm retracted, I'm aware that most of the "added" sensation is coming from the (inner skin?) that is bunched up being my glans, so I know that it feels nothing being circumcised, at least tightly. Another intersting thing is that recently I have sometimes assumed that my hood has rolled forward by itself, only to find on investigation that it hasn't and vice versa - amazing how your interpretation of what you are feeling can be wrong and how your perceptions change. Thanks everyone for you brilliant inspiration and encouragement - it was amazing to find I wasn't the only one out there!

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
Re: 5 months on - a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: 2017-12-22 01:38:19 »
I think everyone eventually finds their own preferred way to retract and stay retracted. I prefer to go around retracted during the day and cover up at night. This gives me a happy medium between being permanently retracted and permanently covered so I don't end up completely keratanized and still have a little moistness in the morning when I wake but with none of the smell that I used to get before discovering pulling back.

Don't worry too much about losing the possibility of ever going covered again.  From what I read here about other peoples experiences that doesn't happen and your foreskin will always revert back if it is kept forward. One thing I have found is that my frenulem has stretched a little and now when I get an erection my foreskin moves back and exposes my glans naturally and without any help.

Offline cavalier

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2017-12-22 06:05:28 »
I would also like to add that every morning when I skin back for the day I give my frenulem a quick stretch. I think that this routine has help it loosen over the last few years.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2017-12-22 20:06:40 »
Interesting stuff, Cavaliere. That seems like a good idea, to stretch the frenulum whenever you skin back. I used to stretch mine for a minute two whenever I peed. And I believe that this help me to lengthen it. But at one point I started to notice stretch marks, and I was afraid that I was being too aggressive with the stretching, so I stopped. Although I may re-start at some point.

Like you, I usually allow my foreskin forward when I go to sleep, even when I am in a long term retraction phase.  One of the reasons why I am an intermittent retracter is that I can't seem to make up my mind if I truly want to always be retracted or not. Part of me feels like what you have achieved, with the foreskin automatically retracting when you get an erection, might be an ideal arrangement. But how to achieve that? I think probably a longer, or absent, frenulum is essential, as well as a stretched out rigid band. Mine are by no means abnormally tight, but I think I may have to work on stretching them out more, if I really want to achieve automatic retraction on erection.

I will just add, for GarethUK, who was concerned about not being able to go back to normally covered, if he wanted to, that some on this forum claim that they have achieve states where their foreskin would no longer cover the glans, or wouldn't stay in the covered position. For them this was usually desirable, so they were happy with it. However, if they had wanted to return to a normally covered condition, I think it is likely that they could have retrained their foreskin, fairly easily, to make covering the glans the default position again. So I wouldn't worry too much about this. Just play around, experiment to see what works for you, and what you like. It's unlikely that you will make truly permanent changes, unless you do anything surgical, like frenulum detachment, or circumcision.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2017-12-23 10:44:24 »
I try and skin back at night, as when i sleep it helps, i do the day as well, but some times, i will spend time forward. I noticed the skin is so dry that the head is also dry. The spoon method is a good thing, but every thing is about trial and error and what suits you
Love skining back and letting my head show