News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Pulled Back To Fix Balanitis

Started by BalanitisDude, 2021-05-06 11:33:26

Previous topic - Next topic

BalanitisDude

So pretty much I'm trying this out to solve my balanitis which I've had for like 2 years and isn't going away.

And hey, maybe I'll stay pulled back if it fixes it! but my main goal currently is to solve my balanitis.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with balanitis at all?

Also how long did it take your glans to 'dry out'? I've had my foreskin retracted pretty much 24/7 except for maybe when it slips when sleeping for about 2-3 weeks now and it seems maybe a little dryer and slight texture change, but more or less the same.

Please let me know your experiences! Thanks!

JP789112

If it isn't going away, you might want to test it for other possibilities (bacterial, viral, autoimmune etc.) rather than waiting. It might be due to an underlying issue that needs to be corrected, be it by antibiotics or other methods.

When the cause's fungal, though, keeping it retracted might solve the issue because fungi need a moist and warm environment to thrive (coconut oil also seems to be a popular fighting strategy). In such cases, one or two weeks are more than enough to notice some change.

BalanitisDude

Quote from: JP789112 on 2021-05-06 13:20:48
If it isn't going away, you might want to test it for other possibilities (bacterial, viral, autoimmune etc.) rather than waiting. It might be due to an underlying issue that needs to be corrected, be it by antibiotics or other methods.

When the cause's fungal, though, keeping it retracted might solve the issue because fungi need a moist and warm environment to thrive (coconut oil also seems to be a popular fighting strategy). In such cases, one or two weeks are more than enough to notice some change.
Yeah I've already gone to a doctor and got a referral to a dermatologist - just haven't got around to going yet!

I've tried anti-fungals so I dont think its fungal. I think it might be some weird bacterial thing.

Thanks for your comment

oliverhunter

Hey mate,
i see you have been pulling back for 2-3 weeks
Just wondering how the sensitivity has changed for you since doing so
thanks!

zeh22

Quote from: BalanitisDude on 2021-05-07 10:45:53
Yeah I've already gone to a doctor and got a referral to a dermatologist - just haven't got around to going yet!

I've tried anti-fungals so I dont think its fungal. I think it might be some weird bacterial thing.

Thanks for your comment

I also have this problem. I went to a dermatologist, and he prescribed a corticosteroid-free cream, as I had already used other drugs without success in treatment. He also recommended that I let it pulled back to keep it as dry as possible. I recommend that you consult a dermatologist as soon as possible because the origin of your balanoposthitis may be due to several factors, in addition to fungi and bacteria, it may also be allergic, related to the hygiene products you use.
From other forums on the internet there are other tips that help: do not wash your penis with very hot water, use a hypoallergenic soap, do not wash excessively (once a day is enough), when urinating, pull back and dry the tip when you are finished.

BalanitisDude

Quote from: oliverhunter on 2021-05-07 11:29:08
Hey mate,
i see you have been pulling back for 2-3 weeks
Just wondering how the sensitivity has changed for you since doing so
thanks!
Fine now, not much sensitivity to be honest!

Quote from: zeh22 on 2021-05-08 21:29:48
I also have this problem. I went to a dermatologist, and he prescribed a corticosteroid-free cream, as I had already used other drugs without success in treatment. He also recommended that I let it pulled back to keep it as dry as possible. I recommend that you consult a dermatologist as soon as possible because the origin of your balanoposthitis may be due to several factors, in addition to fungi and bacteria, it may also be allergic, related to the hygiene products you use.
From other forums on the internet there are other tips that help: do not wash your penis with very hot water, use a hypoallergenic soap, do not wash excessively (once a day is enough), when urinating, pull back and dry the tip when you are finished.

Okay yeah I'll definitely book to see a dermatologist soon. Thanks!