Author Topic: Toothpaste glans drying  (Read 7553 times)

Offline joris1997

• NSFW Access
Toothpaste glans drying
« on: 2021-01-16 11:38:10 »
After taking a small break from retracting, I'd like to start again now, altough my glans has regained some shine and is not as dried out/numbed down as it was before. In order to increase the process a bit, I tried applying toothpaste to the head today, applied it and then waited about 5 minutes to let it dry a bit. After 5 minutes or so, it began to burn slightly and I did remove the toothpaste. The second photo is after I removed the toothpaste, unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the before state, but I think it definately is a step in the right direction and did help.

Curious about other members experience, did someone else try applying toothpaste or anything else to the glans?

Offline pawdavidson

• NSFW Access
Re: Toothpaste glans drying
« Reply #1 on: 2021-01-16 11:54:26 »
Well I never tried it, and only read about using toothpaste when somebody tried to shrink those small white dots on the underside of the shaft by drying them out. Just watch out for allergic reactions.
But thinking about it the skin in our mouth is similar to the skin od the glans so if it doesn't harm the mouth, maybe it wont harm the glans. But I'm not an expert in this, so maybe someone else can confirm my theory. 🙂

Offline pawdavidson

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2021-01-16 12:03:03 »
One more thing. There's a cream called Betadine. I dont know it its available where you live, but its an antibacterial cream. The use it to sterilize wounds, and it dries the skin. Maybe you can use it for this too. But again I'm not an expert, use it with caution!!

Offline joris1997

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2021-01-16 12:08:01 »
One more thing. There's a cream called Betadine. I dont know it its available where you live, but its an antibacterial cream. The use it to sterilize wounds, and it dries the skin. Maybe you can use it for this too. But again I'm not an expert, use it with caution!!

Didn't know that betadine would also help drying the skin! And I am slo very curious about the experiences of other members :)

Offline Johnscot

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2021-01-16 15:13:27 »
Yes, I've used the toothpaste method and it greatly dries the glans and decreases sensitivity, but it's only temporary

Offline ponothin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2021-01-23 00:32:04 »
Is that an ebay ring or home made? I'm looking to diy a design that's as minimal as possible aesthetically, preferably something you can't even tell is there.

Offline retreactor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2021-01-23 10:54:09 »
Is that an ebay ring or home made? I'm looking to diy a design that's as minimal as possible aesthetically, preferably something you can't even tell is there.

Hi, would this be mimimal enough? ;D
A retractor's quest is never complete.

Offline retreactor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2021-01-23 11:41:49 »
I used toothpaste for masturbation to prolong the play and delay the finish. It did, but not to any remarkable extent.  However, as far as the toothpaste glans drying: there is nothing in the tothpaste that would realy DRY the skin. They contain a small amount of mint or eucaliptus fragrances for that freshness and cooling feeling in the mouth. These oils produce the cooling-burning sensation on the glans as well and numb the nerves, but with other ingedients also iritate the skin if too long. After all, you only use it for a few minutes with plenty of water and rinsing in your mouth....

Out of curiosity I tried the REAL thing with a strong muscle relief gel once, both on my scrotum and glans. Interesting, while it burned like hell :o everywhere, the head was mostly unimpressed  :D. I gues there must be different nerve receptors there.

As for Betadine and similar "skin drying" pharmaceuticals I strongly advice against- these are undesired adverse effects of the drug that should not be abused for our purpose.
A retractor's quest is never complete.

Offline bobenc0

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2021-02-16 15:29:27 »
Tried to cover my glans with toothpaste couple of times to have it drier, but also read that it decrease the sensitivity for sex and last longer..not for me tho... It turned out that I was even more sensitive and ejaculate faster.. tried couple of times :)
But the glans become really nice dry and smooth after washing it off
32 Y.O. Permanently retracted ever since May 09 2016. :)
... Self frenum pierced at Mar 19 2018 ...
I love it !

Offline Uncutguy27

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2021-02-17 22:03:02 »
Hi what's that you used under the rim. Of the head I want to get one

Offline Uncutguy27

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2021-02-17 22:03:38 »
Hi mate what's the white ring under rim of the head and where did u get it from.

Offline Johnny_V

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2021-02-18 18:29:15 »
I've tried it a couple of times, maybe I left the paste for too long, but the next day my glans was a lot red and dry almost plastic like.
The skin peeled in a couple of days, after that it became normal again.

Offline FiveSkin

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2021-04-05 15:53:37 »
I used toothpaste a few times and it seemed to help a bit with the drying. I partly did it for the burning sensation which like you said, went on for about 5 minutes until the toothpaste dried out.

What was interesting for me was that after about 2 weeks of retracting 24/7, I no longer got the burning sensation when I applied toothpaste to the glans. To me, that showed that retracting was working to reduce the over sensitivity that I had before.

You said that you had retracted before. Did you notice a similar change too? Since it has been a few months since you posted, has anything changed?

Offline njoynit

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2021-04-11 02:48:46 »
After taking a small break from retracting, I'd like to start again now, altough my glans has regained some shine and is not as dried out/numbed down as it was before. In order to increase the process a bit, I tried applying toothpaste to the head today, applied it and then waited about 5 minutes to let it dry a bit. After 5 minutes or so, it began to burn slightly and I did remove the toothpaste. The second photo is after I removed the toothpaste, unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the before state, but I think it definately is a step in the right direction and did help.

Curious about other members experience, did someone else try applying toothpaste or anything else to the glans?

I use rubbing alcohol. It leaves it nice and clean and smooth. It also feels great as it evaporates. It's handy in those little prep pads they use to clean the place where they are going to give you a shot but I find a paper towel soaked with it feels much better.

Offline lmea14

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2022-08-10 17:58:15 »
I’m really confused by this too. Aren’t you worried this is going to give you sexual difficulties?