Author Topic: Balanitis  (Read 9202 times)

Offline nitro_burner

• NSFW Access
Re: Balanitis
« Reply #15 on: 2021-01-15 22:07:12 »
What brand of cream? Also did you try pulling back to cure balanitis?

it didn't matter the brand, just 7-10 day women's yeast infection cream.  i think last time I just got the Walmart "equate" brand or something.  I've tried a couple. the tubes last forever.

Offline headytimes

• NSFW Access
« Reply #16 on: 2021-01-29 20:38:12 »
Hey headytimes, that's awesome to hear. What method did you use?

No real method I was lucky in that I could just pull back and generally it would stay there. First couple of weeks were tough and I did peel a couple of times but over time it got easier and cured the balantitis
Retracted since Summer 2016

Offline ThePiemel

• NSFW Access
« Reply #17 on: 2021-02-01 21:37:04 »
Ballinitis is an infection of the glans. There are two types. Alien bacteria or normal bacteria. Only the first might be scary. The second is due to an instability in the skin. All skin contains bacteria and fungi. They eat each other. And together protect your skin and body. When the balance is gone, one or the other may grow too populous. Alcohol can tip the balance. Or body oil containing alcohol. The same can happen with hands, when you use too much alcohol gel. You get white spots. It is the alcohol that kills the healthy bacteria and thus the healthy funghi take over. Stress can cause skin instability as well. Or a flue or a cold.
A doctor who suggests cutting away foreskin just wants to get rid of you. It is the easy way out for him or her. Your penis will remain functional in every sense. But the sense they cut will never grow back. Which is not the doctors' problem because it still works, doesn't it.

Offline Will

• NSFW Access
« Reply #18 on: 2021-02-03 11:07:05 »
Hi again...it has been mentioned elsewhere...but it may be worth trying a really good quality Coconut oil...I used an MCT oil, plus retraction...it worked for me pretty quickly after months of creams that only gave temporary relief. Just an idea.

Offline Asaviour

« Reply #19 on: 2021-02-08 10:21:42 »
Thought I would chip in here as I had the same problem a few months ago. Reoccurring balanitis and it was a nightmare!

I'm happy to report spending time being "pulled back" is really what kicked it to the curb as well as drying the head of my penis after showering (I'm 39 and only just discovered this was a thing! Why did nobody tell me this was a thing growing up)

Initially I thought my head was drying out but using coconut oil seemed to make the problem worse, then I realised that it was to do with the excess moisture causing more problems so decided to dry it out and go pulled back for a week. Night and day difference and no more redness / uncomfortable feeling.

I also used a product called "topcock" I was a bit skeptical but seemed to work in keeping my lower regions fresh (I only used it on the head of my penis after drying and after shower)

Anyway, hope that gives you some confidence that you can beat this without circumcising. I regularly go pulled back now 👍