Author Topic: Inner foreskin gets sore - how do I desensitize it?  (Read 6576 times)

Offline bioshock0706

• NSFW Access
I've now managed to desensitize most of the glans by retracting often and almost everything feels nice upon touching now.

However, the backside of my inner foreskin remains quite sensitive and gets sore when masturbating or retracted and rubbing in my pants. Walking outside while being retracted is very difficult.

Any tips on how to desensitize it? Is it normal for it to be so sensitive? It's not the frenulum, but the area around it.

I wash it every day with warm water and try not to use shower gels, soaps or anything that can irritate it. I also don't have any infection or problems with retracting.

Many thanks.

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
Re: Inner foreskin gets sore - how do I desensitize it?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-15 19:03:38 »
thesevenpointfive on another thread was asking if anyone had tried 75% alcohol on their glans. Have you tried a very small amount of similar alcohol to try desensitizing the area? At first blush I thought maybe you needed to try tying, etc., the frenulum to reduce that sensitivity but that doesn't seem to be your issue.

Offline Rod010

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2020-06-15 19:40:10 »
I had the same problem when I first started pulling back but it eventually became less sensitive. I would go retracted for as long as it was bearable then cover and try it the next day. If you use the spoon method to turn it under does that help? I usually just pull back and it stays just fine although the inner foreskin does sometime itch then if I pull it back from the glans for a coupe seconds it stops. Have you been trying for a while?

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2020-06-15 20:42:42 »
thesevenpointfive on another thread was asking if anyone had tried 75% alcohol on their glans. Have you tried a very small amount of similar alcohol to try desensitizing the area? At first blush I thought maybe you needed to try tying, etc., the frenulum to reduce that sensitivity but that doesn't seem to be your issue.

Yes this can have that effect, but first go just use a little bit to try
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2020-06-15 20:56:03 »
I've now managed to desensitize most of the glans by retracting often and almost everything feels nice upon touching now.

However, the backside of my inner foreskin remains quite sensitive and gets sore when masturbating or retracted and rubbing in my pants. Walking outside while being retracted is very difficult.

Any tips on how to desensitize it? Is it normal for it to be so sensitive? It's not the frenulum, but the area around it.

This seems normal to me and it was the hardest part to desensitize, due to it being so thin. I don't know for how long you've been retracted, but to me the inner foreskin took literally months to tame.

Offline bioshock0706

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2020-06-15 22:49:47 »
I haven't tried any methods (prefer not to and simply to just retract).

As for retracting frequency, I do it every now and then and not very consistent with it. When I do, I do it for 2-3 hours a day while I am inside, but I can't do it when out (walking is difficult) nor when I sleep (uncomfortable).

However, when I lube the area and rub it, it really smooths the feel out - almost like every other area on the penis. When you touch it dry, it's quite unpleasant, but when lubed, totally different feel.

The problem is that when I am retracted, the inner foreskin dries out and that combined with rubbing in my underwear causes it to go sore.

Offline Rod010

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2020-06-16 01:24:07 »
Are you wearing boxers or briefs? Briefs may help keep things from moving around too much. But if you take your time and do it for as long as you are able to without a lot of discomfort you should be able to keep it retracted as long as you want. It took me quite a while till I could stand the inner foreskin touching anything. Now it just feels great as I walk and move. And sleeping retracted is no problem.

Offline bioshock0706

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2020-06-16 08:18:29 »
Thanks for the replies!

2 things I am concerned if I try retracting for longer periods:

Paraphimosis - the foreskin getting swollen and then not being able to cover the glans up without any surgical intervention.

The frenulum "breaking"/tearing apart - is that possible when rubbing dry in my boxers?

Thanks.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 2020-06-16 11:10:32 »
Paraphimosis - the foreskin getting swollen and then not being able to cover the glans up without any surgical intervention.

If your foreskin isn't otherwise tight, the chances for this are negligible.  You'll probably have enough discomfort far earlier than to develop a serious paraphimosis.  Also, most of the time paraphimosis can be fixed by squeezing the glans before attempting to push the skin forward.

The frenulum "breaking"/tearing apart - is that possible when rubbing dry in my boxers?

It's not that fragile, no :D

Offline bioshock0706

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2020-06-16 11:35:45 »
Thanks!

So basically, lubing the foreskin and rubbing is just fine and smooths the soreness into pleasure.

However, retracted in my boxers dries it out, hence why the soreness happens with friction.

If I keep it retracted most of the day, how long will it take to stop being sore and get used to the friction?

Also, I presume I need to reduce masturbating, as it exhausts the foreskin and makes it more vulnerable to getting sore.

Offline cfthrowaway

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2020-06-30 15:30:26 »
I've found that it varies, but usually the sensitivity has subsided for me once I've been pulled back for 3-4 days straight. Usually at the end of day 2
 or morning of day 3 I get a swelling that looks like paraphimosis - when that happens I pull the foresking forward for an hour or so to help reduce swelling and then go back to it. Once the swelling goes down so does a lot of the sensitivity, at least for me.

Offline Fabik

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2020-06-30 15:55:48 »
or morning of day 3 I get a swelling that looks like paraphimosis - when that happens I pull the foresking forward for an hour or so to help reduce swelling and then go back to it
Exactly. I always get swelling on the mornings - and I have to do exactly what you describe. Not immediately when waking up but shortly after. That's a strange phenomenon.

I don't know but it sounds like normal to me. Just continue practicing retraction and over time you should feel more and more confortable.

Offline bioshock0706

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2020-07-01 12:15:06 »
Exactly. I always get swelling on the mornings - and I have to do exactly what you describe. Not immediately when waking up but shortly after. That's a strange phenomenon.
I don't know but it sounds like normal to me. Just continue practicing retraction and over time you should feel more and more confortable.

Paraphimosis is the worst thing I fear from, since I recently started retracting every now and then.

I am afraid of trying being retracted for 2-3 days straight. What if I wake up one morning and see I have paraphimosis? I would die of anxiety and panic.

How do I prevent it from happening?

Offline cfthrowaway

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2020-07-02 15:12:57 »
Paraphimosis is the worst thing I fear from, since I recently started retracting every now and then.

I am afraid of trying being retracted for 2-3 days straight. What if I wake up one morning and see I have paraphimosis? I would die of anxiety and panic.

How do I prevent it from happening?

Simply put, just keep an eye on your junk. Any swelling isn't instantly a medical emergency by a long shot. As mentioned, if there's ever a bit of swelling just put your foreskin back to the "natural position" and wait until the swelling goes down. If you were ever particularly worried about swelling, you could ice the area... same way you would if you had swelling anywhere else on your body.

As someone mentioned in another thread, the "treatment" a urologist would provide for a more extreme case of paraphimosis is basically that anyways, so you shouldn't be super worried about it happening to you.

Offline DiagonalFunctor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2023-02-22 20:49:14 »
I know this topic is old, but I came across a study that actually found a measurably effective method of achieving inner foreskin keratinization in a matter of days. I don't really care too much about this topic, but I couldn't keep this to myself as there are surely guys who would be interested in this, so here you go:

https://www.patientcareonline.com/view/keratinization-biologic-alternative-male-circumcision-prevention-hiv-infection

Taking a clue from these studies, Drs Andre Pask and Roger Short of the University of Melbourne and colleagues applied estriol cream to the inner foreskin of 2 men. The epithelium underwent keratinization within 24 hours and the positive response-up to a 4-fold increase in keratin production-persisted for at least 5 days.