Author Topic: Keeping it Dry  (Read 7540 times)

Offline ivanillest

• NSFW Access
Keeping it Dry
« on: 2020-01-12 19:48:12 »
I've been pulling back intermittently for a years now and am currently on my longest streak at just shy of a month. It's helped with sensitivity issues already, though if I take a shower or do anything else that would get the glans wet it seems to get sticky and sensitive again. How do you guys keeping it back handle these situations? Is it just part of the process? Does it even matter?

Offline Georgek

• NSFW Access
Re: Keeping it Dry
« Reply #1 on: 2020-01-13 00:20:22 »
Have you tried to dry your glans after shower?

Offline PermanetlyBareKnob

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2020-01-13 06:02:02 »
In the early stages of pulling back, my glans still had the relatively thin, sensitive, purplish skin, which would become sticky when moist. But at some point, I went through a period of peeling of the skin on my glans and inner foreskin. Since then, the skin on my glans has been a bit tougher, with more of a dry, silky texture. Now, it never gets sticky or overly sensitive anymore.

It did take quite awhile of more or less continuous retraction to get to that point though. It’s possible that a month is not long enough, particularly if you leave your foreskin forward for days or weeks between times.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2020-01-13 09:24:35 »
In the early stages of pulling back, my glans still had the relatively thin, sensitive, purplish skin, which would become sticky when moist. But at some point, I went through a period of peeling of the skin on my glans and inner foreskin. Since then, the skin on my glans has been a bit tougher, with more of a dry, silky texture. Now, it never gets sticky or overly sensitive anymore.

It did take quite awhile of more or less continuous retraction to get to that point though. It’s possible that a month is not long enough, particularly if you leave your foreskin forward for days or weeks between times.
Yes that's my experience, once the skin became dry the head and the skin below does not get sticky, its totally dry, so there is also is not sensitive, if i use underwear i have no feeling
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline ivanillest

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2020-01-13 18:44:31 »
Have you tried to dry your glans after shower?

Of course. I just don't know if this is undoing my progress or anything.

Offline Georgek

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2020-01-13 19:10:07 »
If you are drying your glans with a towel for example you don't undo your progress of course. I would say you help the sensitivity become weaker

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2020-01-13 20:35:07 »
Of course. I just don't know if this is undoing my progress or anything.

Drying your glans with a towel isn’t going to rub off the toughen skin, if that’s what you mean.  Once your glans reaches a certain level of desensitization, drying off with a towel isn’t going to change anything.

Offline simon.snorkle

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2020-01-14 12:16:16 »
Have you tried using talc?
This may or may not help, but give it a go.

Offline barehead123

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2020-01-14 14:11:48 »
As an intermittent but lately more permanent retracter I find the feel of the towel is a rough guide to the loss of sensitivity. It's quite pleasing when I dry off and I dont particularly feel it brush past on the bare glans.

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2020-01-21 00:35:57 »
I've been pulling back intermittently for a years now and am currently on my longest streak at just shy of a month. It's helped with sensitivity issues already, though if I take a shower or do anything else that would get the glans wet it seems to get sticky and sensitive again. How do you guys keeping it back handle these situations? Is it just part of the process? Does it even matter?
Have you done long retracting streaks before this one ? One month might not be enough for the glans to keratinize. It was more like 4 months for me. Take a break of a few hours if needed, but persist. Apply moisturiser on the glans to combat  chafing, but otherwise try to ignore it and let exposure and friction from underwear do its job.

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2020-01-22 04:43:55 »
As an intermittent but lately more permanent retracter I find the feel of the towel is a rough guide to the loss of sensitivity. It's quite pleasing when I dry off and I dont particularly feel it brush past on the bare glans.

This!  Throughout the time I’ve been retracting, I would always dry my glans and foreskin with a towel, to avoid stickiness and help the process along.  At first I had to be quite careful, patting dry.  Later I could carefully rub dry but not too hard. And now, I don’t have to do anything special and I can dry my glans and inner foreskin with a towel  the same as everywhere  else, and if anything, it feels kind of nice.

Offline DarkFox

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2020-01-22 15:36:21 »
It's just a temporary situation. I see many concerns about getting wet in the shower or experiencing some random rollups at night so I want to say something about this.
The keratinization process is driven by persistency more than dryness. Hence why, if you keep it uncovered for nearly all the time, some drops over your glans for 10-20 minutes won't undo what happened in 20+ hours of contact with your underwear. Don't panic :)
Also, the skin will dry up anyway as soon as you dry yourself with a towel and wear your underwear.

Please guys be patient and you'll be rewarded. I read too many topics about people who force dry their glans only to develop health issues

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2020-01-22 18:21:14 »
The keratinization process is driven by persistency more than dryness.
Amen to that. Take a break if needed. Moisturize. Resume retracting...

Please guys be patient and you'll be rewarded. I read too many topics about people who force dry their glans only to develop health issues
100% agree.

Offline 12345678910yx1

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2020-01-23 19:54:05 »
I dont know if it has been talk about before but is babypowder good Tor dry the glans?

Offline __

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2020-01-25 16:11:51 »
I dont know if it has been talk about before but is babypowder good Tor dry the glans?

It probably works, but the few times  tried this I was not completely convinced because more powder stays in the wrinkles of the glans, making those areas drier that the rest.