Author Topic: Glans Shape - A Must Read  (Read 9338 times)

Offline RetractedinCornwall

Glans Shape - A Must Read
« on: 2017-10-31 12:56:46 »
Well we are all hear because we want to emulate the shape and feel of the circumcised penis but without the surgery (well I am)

“The History of Circumcision” by P.C, Remondino offers this great description of the circumcised glans:

“...the unconstricted glans penis assumes the shape and appearance that is seen in the circumcised. The head is shorter, the face flat and abrupt, and the meautus, instead of being at the end of a conical point, is situated on the smooth, rounded front of the glans, and does not differ in colour from the covering of the glans itself [...] The corona is prominent and well developed”

This puts into words the change in my glans shape and size since I started pulling back (although this process started when my frenulum was torn back in 1992). My meatus (pee hole) now sits on the front, not underneath, and my corona has sprung upwards, creating a crease acros the middle of my glans face and my head is shorter as a consequence. It is also thicker, and I am developing the prominent coronal ridge that many cut guys have, even when flaccid, although this is taking time.

Also, of direct relevance to us who pull bacK:

“It is a well-known fact that the most forlorn and mouse-headed, long-nosed glans penis will, within a week or two after its liberation from its fetters of preputial bands, assume its true shape”

So basically, once the frenulum is cut or torn then the transition to a cut look is rapid.

The author goes on to make the argument that the exposed glans is the true shape (certainly looks better!) although I guess that will not be accepted by many.

Here is a link to the book on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search?index=books&linkCode=qs&keywords=9780898754100

Quotes used in an academic context and go buy the book1

Re: Glans Shape - A Must Read
« Reply #1 on: 2017-10-31 13:05:27 »
Have added a pic to the gallery

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-31 21:26:41 »
Have added a pic to the gallery

Interesting info, do you have a link to the pictures?
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2017-11-01 00:54:55 »
Interesting. The book can be read online, and downloaded for free here. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23135

Offline adonis

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2017-11-01 02:54:39 »
Interesting. The book can be read online, and downloaded for free here. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/23135

Thanks for the post OP, & jdm for the link. Very interesting to read this MD's thoughts on circumcision from over 120 years ago, & how it relates to the motivation behind our auto circumcisions. Here's another interesting passage:

It has already been suggested that the prepuce does not at all ages bear the same analogous relation to man. In childhood, especially during our earliest years, it is out of all proportion in size when compared to the rest of the organ, or to any use it may have placed to its credit. Man does not, then, certainly need that refinement of nervous sensitiveness in the corona that is useful in after life in inducing the flow or ejaculation of the seminal fluid; neither is there at that age much of a corona to protect. In middle life, or what might be called the procreative period of man, when the corona would seem to require all its excitability or sensitiveness, seems to be the very season in life when the glans is most apt to remain uncovered; so that nature and this hypothetical idea of the use of the prepuce are evidently at variance.

I agree!

Offline SilverHawk

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2017-11-01 14:01:01 »
Very very interesting! If it wasn't true we pulled back guys wouldn't exist in this world!

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 2017-11-01 15:01:26 »

Had a quick run through the more interesting parts, I'm amazed how the reasons for circumcising children are the same in the 21st century as the occasionally rather misguided things this author said back in the end of the 1800s.

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #7 on: 2017-11-01 16:10:22 »
I'm amazed how the reasons for circumcising children are the same in the 21st century as the occasionally rather misguided things this author said back in the end of the 1800s.

As an American, I'm not too amazed by it. American culture has a way of grabbing onto an idea and never letting go, even when uncomfortable things like "facts" get in the way  ::)

The idea of the glans being different shapes and sizes in cut vs. uncut guys seems a bit specious to me. I have spent a lot of time looking at dicks on the internet lol. I've seen just as many cut guys with tiny torpedo-shaped heads as I have guys with phimosis and yet a huge, flared, plum-sized glans. I'm sure the environment has some effect on the details, like the shape of the meatus and corona, but it's probably 90% genetics.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2017-11-01 16:51:14 »
Yeah, I agree. The statement that “It is a well-known fact that the most forlorn and mouse-headed, long-nosed glans penis will, within a week or two after its liberation from its fetters of preputial bands, assume its true shape” is BS. It may well assume its true shape, but that shape will not necessarily me more flared or mushroomed out. :P

Offline adonis

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2017-11-01 20:57:00 »
As an American, I'm not too amazed by it. American culture has a way of grabbing onto an idea and never letting go, even when uncomfortable things like "facts" get in the way  ::)

The idea of the glans being different shapes and sizes in cut vs. uncut guys seems a bit specious to me. I have spent a lot of time looking at dicks on the internet lol. I've seen just as many cut guys with tiny torpedo-shaped heads as I have guys with phimosis and yet a huge, flared, plum-sized glans. I'm sure the environment has some effect on the details, like the shape of the meatus and corona, but it's probably 90% genetics.

To play devils advocate wouldn't most of what you've seen would have been semi-erect, erect, or a pumped flaccid? I don't think foreskin/retraction can affect the erect glans that much (which would be close to all genetics) but I do think it can affect how they look when flaccid.

« Reply #10 on: 2017-11-02 00:14:17 »
There was a boy at school who I had the privelidge of showering with ( ;)) after PR and he was uncut but had a bulbous head larger than any boy in our year. I later heard that when he pulled a girl (his age 17 by now) she was amazed by his size and said his glans looked just like an English policeman’s helmet. Furthermore she was unable to retract his foreskin - just shows how it can stretch

However, there is a definite flaccid look to the cut/retracted cock that he didn’t share

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #11 on: 2017-11-02 21:32:28 »
To play devils advocate wouldn't most of what you've seen would have been semi-erect, erect, or a pumped flaccid? I don't think foreskin/retraction can affect the erect glans that much (which would be close to all genetics) but I do think it can affect how they look when flaccid.

Oh but I love soft cocks, and look for them all the time ;D

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2017-11-03 19:27:00 »
I think that there seems to be so many different head shapes and sizes, it hard to tell, some pictures i have seen guys have had big heads, others have small, so hard to tell.
Love skining back and letting my head show