Author Topic: Going overboard?  (Read 3899 times)

Offline cleaner

• NSFW Access
Going overboard?
« on: 2022-06-15 19:31:04 »
When I was like 8/9 I was told to stretch my foreskin to free my glans. My parents would go overboard and would always insisted that by that age one should open the foreskin while bathing everyday. Infact, I was told that if the skin doesn't pull back then it will create problem and have to cut it away as an adult. I was made to do stretching everyday after shower. I was not alone. My cousins were also told about the same.
Do you think parents should leave it on nature do its work and also on the child to figure out what is best for them?

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
Re: Going overboard?
« Reply #1 on: 2022-06-15 21:57:22 »
As an older gent today, I remember as far as I remember my mother pulling back my foreskin when she bathed me as a youngster. I was further told to keep that area clean as I would grow older.

Offline pelagian

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2022-06-18 10:21:04 »
Not sure about going overboard, but I was also told when I was young (many years ago!) to make sure my foreskin pulled back, because if not, it would cause problems and I'd have to be circumcised. It took a while to get it to pull all the way back, but once it did, I realized loved the feeling of having my glans exposed. So eventually I decided to try and keep it like that - with mixed results. I think boys should be told they need to do this, and then left to experiment. (The number of men I come across on other sites who have had to be circumcised because of never pulling their skins back is high.)

As with so many of us, I thought I was the only one 'perverted' enough to want to do this! It was not till many years later, and the advent of the internet when I set up the old Yahoo skinback group, that I found out just how common it is.

(Eventually I did have myself circumcised, but that's another story.)
Pulled back for about 20 years, circumcised in 2013. Real men have bare helmets!!!

Offline mjed

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2022-06-18 11:11:46 »
You know guys, I fully understand the need to pull the foreskin back and all the rest of it.  What I don't understand is the constant message that if you can't pull it back you need to be circumcised.  I accept that a bit of stretching and creams can help sometimes but it seems most medics in "snip happy countries" can't be bothered with all that and just go for the cut.  From what I understand the process of circumcision involves forcing the foreskin back (something we are never told to do as kids) and then cutting it off using a variety of clamps, scalpels, knives, scissors and bandages afterwards.  So, if the foreskin is pulled back and released from the glans just before circumcision, surely this has fixed the problem without the cut? Any thoughts guys?

Offline Hazeleye

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2022-06-18 15:27:14 »
You know guys, I fully understand the need to pull the foreskin back and all the rest of it.  What I don't understand is the constant message that if you can't pull it back you need to be circumcised.  I accept that a bit of stretching and creams can help sometimes but it seems most medics in "snip happy countries" can't be bothered with all that and just go for the cut.  From what I understand the process of circumcision involves forcing the foreskin back (something we are never told to do as kids) and then cutting it off using a variety of clamps, scalpels, knives, scissors and bandages afterwards.  So, if the foreskin is pulled back and released from the glans just before circumcision, surely this has fixed the problem without the cut? Any thoughts guys?
Yes, of course, if the foreskin can be moved back behind the glans circumcision merely becomes a ritual followed by some as far as benefits.

Offline shortskin

« Reply #5 on: 2022-06-18 20:30:13 »
When I was younger like 10 years old I was told to make my foreskin retractable. Infact same was also told to my elder brother when he was of that age. My mom once showed me how to stretch it and instructed to do it regularly until it become like that of my elder brother's. I remember seeing my elder brother pulling all back in shower which motivated me. So no one had to force me to do it.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2022-06-19 11:36:34 »
When I was like 8/9 I was told to stretch my foreskin to free my glans. My parents would go overboard and would always insisted that by that age one should open the foreskin while bathing everyday. Infact, I was told that if the skin doesn't pull back then it will create problem and have to cut it away as an adult. I was made to do stretching everyday after shower. I was not alone. My cousins were also told about the same.
Do you think parents should leave it on nature do its work and also on the child to figure out what is best for them?

Thats interesting, my parents didn't say a word, but i hear that the sooner you start the better it is for any issues you might have. I actually started about 10 more out of curiosity and got it to go back without issue.
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline nudeglans

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2022-06-22 19:09:40 »
I had tight foreskin at 12 and was planned for circumcision. But thanks to my aunt as she suggested stretching as a remedy. Of course my mom routinely checked the progress until I was able to pull the foreskin all the way back. I think all boys should be told about this early as I think stretching at early age makes it easier.

Offline scotsguy27

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2022-06-23 16:42:18 »
When I was younger my foreskin would always be pulled back leaving my glans exposed during and for a short period after bathing.

For me I had my foreskin retracted by parents when younger as I was told that it would keep it clean. I eventually pulled it back myself about 10 or 11.

Offline GarethUK

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2022-06-25 18:05:24 »
I'm British and born in 1959, and I think it was pretty typical that the subject of retraction was never mentioned when we were growing up - we were all just left to work it out for ourselves. I didn't work it out until I was 11, having no idea at all about foreskin was, let alone that it was supposed to move and why that might be! I'm always fascinated to hear of other men's experiences. I've heard that, rather than preventing any tight skin problems later, retraction at too early an age, and especially when the skin has to be forced back, can actually cause the skin to tighten and often leads to circumcision being needed. I suspect that this might happen quite a lot when uncut boys have circumcised fathers, who wrongly think that foreskins are potentially troublesome and are keen for their sones to loosen things up early. It's easy to see how this might lead to the view that foreskins are trouble and best removed become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Offline lyf

« Reply #10 on: 2022-06-26 19:33:08 »
I was told to do stretching and pulling it back while peeing or bathing by age 6 or 7 to make it retractable. I was able to fully retract my foreskin by 10. Since then, my foreskin remains retracted while bathing until it automatically rolls down afterwards on its own.