Author Topic: Posthitis /inflamed foreskin  (Read 3303 times)

Offline balanitissufferer

• NSFW Access
Posthitis /inflamed foreskin
« on: 2022-04-26 06:00:16 »
Any ideas on how to fix inflamed foreskin? Will the tape method do this?

Offline stephan29

• NSFW Access
Re: Posthitis /inflamed foreskin
« Reply #1 on: 2022-04-26 11:59:33 »
If the skin is pult back and inflamed or inflamed at normal Position?

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2022-04-26 12:14:44 »
When i pull it back i can see it is inflamed as it is the inner foreskin mainly. When i pull it all the way forward keeping my glans covered i see no redness on the outside foreskin. Please help

Offline lmea14

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2022-04-26 17:19:13 »
Can you post a picture? "Inflamed" could mean a lot of things...

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2022-04-27 04:01:35 »
Okay i have attached some photos of my glans and foreskin. Currently i am on day 27 of autocirc.

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2022-04-27 21:20:59 »
Bro it doesn't look that inflamed. It does look kinda dried out though. Have you tried covering for a night or two? What are you feeling man? Pain? Burning? Itching? No judgment here man, just trying to understand what you're dealing with.

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2022-04-28 00:36:57 »
I have balanitis. So i currently am on day 27 of autocirc. I am trying to fix inflamed foreskin and glans are red. Wouldn’t pulling up for a day or 2 be counterproductive? People have said autocirc cures balanitis. Maybe the pictures are nit that good but it is definitely irritated/ inflamed and so are the glans. Also for autocirc isn’t it good to leave the glans as dry as possible?

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 2022-04-28 00:58:53 »
The foreskin and the glans on the photos don't look abnormal to me at all.  The colour seems fine and I don't see anything that is wrong with it.

What do you notice when you keep the skin on the head?  Does it get red in patches, does it itch or hurt, etc.?

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2022-04-28 06:39:14 »
So i posted a photo of before and after 28 days auto circ. This is regarding the glans. At first there was a rough texture, uncomfortness, and now after 28 days autocirc it is smooth and red. That is not my natural glans color. That was never redness before. It started because i was not being hygenic for a few weeks stretch. 

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2022-04-28 06:42:35 »
Here is another photo up close with no flash of my glans. As you can see pretty red/inflamed.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2022-04-28 06:53:53 »
I have to agree with the other commenters. It doesn't look particularly inflamed. Maybe mildly irritated in some pictures. And a mild irritation could actually result from retraction, if you're new to it. So I've gotta ask, what makes you so sure that you have balanitis? Are you experiencing any sort of discomfort? Or did someone, like a doctor, just tell you you have balanitis, and you took them at their word?

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2022-04-28 07:20:06 »
The doctor told me yes i do. In the beginning it was pretty uncomfortable. Now it just is red and inflamed. Doesn’t feel so good either. Here is another image from around the beginning

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 2022-04-28 14:57:38 »
I can see some inflammation on the before pic, but nothing weird on the after pic.  If you're comfortable with continuing with the retraction, do that, it seems to be keeping your inflammation at bay, and that's good.  If you want to experiment with it a little, you could try to cover for a short time and see how it goes.

A few times, I had some inflammation when covering after spending a lot of time uncovered, and rarely happened before keeping uncovered a lot... so it's weird and kinda random, and by chance it was worse when returning to the covered state, than it was before.  I guess the best advice I can give is that you should experiment carefully and see what works best for your case.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2022-04-30 03:11:29 »
The doctor told me yes i do. In the beginning it was pretty uncomfortable. Now it just is red and inflamed. Doesn’t feel so good either. Here is another image from around the beginning
Keep in mind that balanitis is just a term which means inflammation of the glans. It doesn't specify the cause of the inflammation. It would probably be best if your doctor could determine the cause, so that it could be properly addressed. If the inflammation is caused by a hygiene issue, or some sort of infection, then retraction should help cure it by keeping the area clean and dry. But if there is any sort of infection, then that might best be treated by some sort of medicated cream. But the type of medication would depend on the type of infection. So you really want to pin that down, so you can apply the best type of treatment.