Author Topic: Frequent UTI's  (Read 5225 times)

Offline Erik_Darius

Frequent UTI's
« on: 2016-02-10 13:04:27 »
Good morning guys,

Do any of you suffer with frequent UTI's like me?  I am gay (not that it is relevant) and I my doctor is aware of that and I practice anal intercourse (wrapped). He states being uncircumcised and the fact that my penis could brush up against the anus prior to putting a condom on can leave trace bacteria, which in turn find their way to my urethra opening.  I had another urologist tell me just the fact of being uncut traps bacteria around the opening of the urethra and leads to a UTI.  Something within me cannot accept either of these statements. I do respect the fact that unwrapped anal intercourse 'could' compress bacteria in the urethra opening, but in my case, the odds are slim to none.  I pull back and scrub the hell out of my skin and head about 3 times a day, (that's how many showers I do in a day). I hate the musky smell of the bacterial odor that I can smell, especially during the summer.  I'm curious about you guys and if this is relevant or typical to uncut men.

Offline soundsgreat87

Re: Frequent UTI's
« Reply #1 on: 2016-02-10 16:58:20 »
It's bullshit. Circumcision really only prevents UTIs in the early years of life, and even then the difference is minute.

Find a doctor who doesn't give a shit about your foreskin and will actually attempt to diagnose the real issue, such as chronic prostatitis.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 2016-02-10 22:36:41 »
Showering too much can cause problems actually.  It can cause an imbalance in the microbas living on your surface and all.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-12 04:39:04 »
Showering too much can cause problems actually.  It can cause an imbalance in the microbas living on your surface and all.

Kylar is right about this. Also, you may want to look at what sort of products you use for washing, because some of these may be adding to the problem, especially if they are antibacterial. If you find that this is in fact the problem, in whole or in part, you may want to consider taking some good probiotics, both internally and topically.