News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Balantis/ yeast infection.

Started by Wp99, 2022-03-09 22:52:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Wp99

Hey y'all. M 23. Only ever been pulled back for about 10 hours using a hair tie scrunchie... I've got a yeast infection right now and cuts on my foreskin. Thinking staying pulled back and applying monostat will help. Also looking for some bros to chat with and keep up with the process of this.

soundsgreat87

Definitely get some antifungal on there. It'll clear up fast.

jafar_t

Quote from: Wp99 on 2022-03-09 22:52:10
Hey y'all. M 23. Only ever been pulled back for about 10 hours using a hair tie scrunchie... I've got a yeast infection right now and cuts on my foreskin. Thinking staying pulled back and applying monostat will help. Also looking for some bros to chat with and keep up with the process of this.

You may wish to get circumcised. Yeast infection is very hard to clear for some people with long foreskin even if you keep it retracted. Have you seen a urologist?

burtonian

Speaking as a grower with a long foreskin, and being a previous balanitis sufferer, I must beg to differ.  Retraction plus appropriate creams will almost always prove a better result than a hasty recourse to circumcision, assuming, of course, that you want to keep your foreskin.  The secret is using the correct creams for long enough and, if necessary, seeking the advice of a dermatologist rather than a urologist, especially in countries with a bias towards circumcision.

In my own experience, during episodes of balanitis, cuts used to appear on the ridged band of my foreskin and be aligned along the axis of the penis.  As they healed they had the effect of tightening the ridged band, making retraction difficult.  The secret is to keep applying a cream, a simple antiseptic one will do once any anti-fungals or steroids have done their job, to stop the edges of the cuts from healing together.  The cuts must be kept open and protected by the cream while the skin heals from the edges of each cut, effectively preventing the foreskin opening being tightened as they heal.  Retracting to keep the cuts open while applying the cream can be eye-watering but it works. 

As a diabetic, being retracted for a significant amount of each day, and mostly overnight, has worked for me over the last three years.  Plus it's a fun thing to do, looks good, yet still gives you the use of a foreskin and all its benefits. 

thesevenpointfive

Quote from: burtonian on 2022-03-15 10:46:52
Speaking as a grower with a long foreskin, and being a previous balanitis sufferer, I must beg to differ.  Retraction plus appropriate creams will almost always prove a better result than a hasty recourse to circumcision, assuming, of course, that you want to keep your foreskin.  The secret is using the correct creams for long enough and, if necessary, seeking the advice of a dermatologist rather than a urologist, especially in countries with a bias towards circumcision.

In my own experience, during episodes of balanitis, cuts used to appear on the ridged band of my foreskin and be aligned along the axis of the penis.  As they healed they had the effect of tightening the ridged band, making retraction difficult.  The secret is to keep applying a cream, a simple antiseptic one will do once any anti-fungals or steroids have done their job, to stop the edges of the cuts from healing together.  The cuts must be kept open and protected by the cream while the skin heals from the edges of each cut, effectively preventing the foreskin opening being tightened as they heal.  Retracting to keep the cuts open while applying the cream can be eye-watering but it works. 

As a diabetic, being retracted for a significant amount of each day, and mostly overnight, has worked for me over the last three years.  Plus it's a fun thing to do, looks good, yet still gives you the use of a foreskin and all its benefits.

Thanks for the info burtonian
Love skining back and letting my head show

caveman

I use Lotrimin for balanitis, and it could be possible that you could have a GI tract imbalance. that will promote urinary and yeast infections. take some good probiotics. The good ones are always kept in the refrigerator at the pharmacy, probiotics that are kept on the shelf will die after two weeks and are useless after that. I have had troubles with both, probiotics and lotrimin will do the trick
caveman

dude101

Coconut oil. You can make it yourself. Buy pure 100% coconut oil at the grocery store. Heat it up to a liquid in a pan. Pour the heated oil into a container. You can use the oil for several days. It takes a long time to harden at room temperature. Then rub it all over your glans and foreskin multiple times a day. If after a few days no improvement then I suggest switching to 100% aloe for several more days

jdm

Quote from: caveman on 2022-06-05 00:36:40
I use Lotrimin for balanitis, and it could be possible that you could have a GI tract imbalance. that will promote urinary and yeast infections. take some good probiotics. The good ones are always kept in the refrigerator at the pharmacy, probiotics that are kept on the shelf will die after two weeks and are useless after that. I have had troubles with both, probiotics and lotrimin will do the trick

This is good advice. I would add that applying a topical probiotic product directly to the penis may also be worth doing. Plus, if the infection is fungal, then taking niacinimide supplements internally can also be very helpful in fighting off the infection.