Author Topic: Loss of sensitivity a myth?  (Read 4498 times)

guest5066

Loss of sensitivity a myth?
« on: 2022-03-04 17:01:15 »
Have been pulled-back for quite some time now, to the point where my glans and inner foreskin are dry and I can sleep naked and stay bare-glansed. However, my penis still responds to the stimulation from clothing or sheets with the resulting erection and need to masturbate. When I do masturbate, it takes as long as I want it to. So I cannot report any loss of sensitivity. Any others convinced that desensitisation is inevitable?

Offline FormerRetractor

• NSFW Access
Re: Loss of sensitivity a myth?
« Reply #1 on: 2022-03-04 17:22:08 »
I definitely did find a loss of sensitivity.  I couldn't ever stroke the bare glans before, but now I only want my glans stroked...feels so good.

guest5066

« Reply #2 on: 2022-03-04 17:54:11 »
Can’t argue with that - it does feel good!

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #3 on: 2022-03-04 20:40:35 »
How long have you been pulled back? It took me 6 months or so for the random erections to stop, but at least a year until I stopped noticing it altogether, and would sometimes have to check if my head was still bare cause I couldn't feel which it was anymore.

guest5066

« Reply #4 on: 2022-03-04 21:16:01 »
I’ve been pulled back full time for about 6 months. Maybe it’s because part of the attraction of pulling back is the constant awareness of my glans that i still erect so easily. I’m certainly not complaining!

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #5 on: 2022-03-04 21:25:14 »
:D well I'd say give it a few more months... everyone's different, and I started off with kind of low sensitivity to begin with.

Offline John

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2022-03-06 02:24:54 »
My exposed head's feeling went from being something between my eyeball and my tongue to being something between my index finger and my big toe. I've lost 95% of my pre-pulled feeling. (I "get" why new-cut adults who never pulled-back feel so hopeless, betrayed, and helpless.) I mourn my beautiful lost redness and sensation; I celebrate my stamina and exposed glans; I see how this may lead to ED in the future. For all this, I mean for my head to be bared for quiet some time.

guest5066

« Reply #7 on: 2022-03-06 08:06:45 »
I enjoy my pulled back state precisely because I haven’t lost sensitivity. Before my pulled back days I was used to edging for hours at a time with maximum sensation. Thankfully I can still do that, with the added advantage that I masturbate even more often due to the arousing effect of always being aware of my glans. If I lost sensitivity to any great degree I would go back to full coverage. Very interesting to hear what you say though.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 2022-03-09 03:26:47 »
I enjoy my pulled back state precisely because I haven’t lost sensitivity. Before my pulled back days I was used to edging for hours at a time with maximum sensation. Thankfully I can still do that, with the added advantage that I masturbate even more often due to the arousing effect of always being aware of my glans. If I lost sensitivity to any great degree I would go back to full coverage. Very interesting to hear what you say though.

From the profile pic, yours looks shiny like it would normally - how long have you been keeping it pulled back?

Offline andy

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2022-03-09 09:33:12 »
depends entirely on how you interpret sensitivity. when i had the glans covered all the time, i came to orgasm faster and also more often. now it takes me - also due to my age - much longer, but the orgasms are more violent, fulfilling and intense. also during sex i enjoy the fact that i can control the cumshot. i only see advantages of having the glans uncovered and hardened all the time .

Offline scotsguy27

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2022-03-10 12:01:44 »
I wouldn’t say sensitivity goes away, it just changes over time. For example my entire glans used to be sensitive now I have more sensitivity in my coronal ridge and frenulum. I’m a part time retractor so spend a few months covered every so often. Longest I was covered was about 5 months and I became sensitive again in my whole glans, not as much as when I first exposed my glans or during sexual activity. Masturbation for me is the same and sex theres more feeling/awareness of my coronal ridge.

Offline caveman

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2022-04-01 02:47:23 »
In my younger days I had left my foreskin retracted for about 25 years, and by that time I had almost no sensitivity left and ED was very pronounced, but every one is different. After that I covered up most of the time and most of the sensitivity came back, and I stayed mostly covered for the last 20 years. So yes some people they definitely lose a lot of sensitivity. Right now I have been retracted most of the time for the last six months mostly not by choice, I had a prostate reduction procedure done and the blood in the urine burns, so I have been retracted to avoid the burn. But I am now kind of rotating covered and uncovered If I get some burning sensation I retract for a few days. the burning has been getting less but I can tell my prostate is still very sensitive. I have always liked the feel of being retracted but it does have it's side effects. So it is no myth some people lose a lot some don't. Do what you want but at least you can always cover up and regain sensitivity.
caveman

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2022-04-01 13:23:59 »
In my younger days I had left my foreskin retracted for about 25 years, and by that time I had almost no sensitivity left and ED was very pronounced, but every one is different. After that I covered up most of the time and most of the sensitivity came back, and I stayed mostly covered for the last 20 years. So yes some people they definitely lose a lot of sensitivity. Right now I have been retracted most of the time for the last six months mostly not by choice, I had a prostate reduction procedure done and the blood in the urine burns, so I have been retracted to avoid the burn. But I am now kind of rotating covered and uncovered If I get some burning sensation I retract for a few days. the burning has been getting less but I can tell my prostate is still very sensitive. I have always liked the feel of being retracted but it does have it's side effects. So it is no myth some people lose a lot some don't. Do what you want but at least you can always cover up and regain sensitivity.
I would agree i have done for years and the head and the skin dried out, it takes some time with the skin forward but some sensitivity comes back, not sure it is what it was, but unless you keep a track of how it feels before difficult to say, but you do get some back
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline PermanetlyBareKnob

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2022-04-19 19:55:50 »
For me at least, I wouldn’t describe what has happened to me after a long period of retraction as a loss of sensation or desensitization, but rather a change in tactile sensitivity and response.  It’s different than it was, no doubt, but for me at least, not at all in a bad way.  Other people may have different experiences.

Before I started retracting, the only really comfortable way to stimulate my glans was indirectly by gliding the foreskin over it.  Direct touch was intense, uncomfortable, almost to the point of being painful.  I remember one early sex partner who held my skin back, and rubbed my lubed glans and it was far too intense!  My glans was also very sensitive to things like direct shower spray and towel drying (careful pat drying only back then!).

Now my glans has become accustomed to normal, everyday direct stimulation. I don’t even really conscientiously notice everyday, incidental, non-sexual contact anymore.  However, in a sexual contact, direct, and firm contact with my glans is no longer too intense, but in fact highly pleasurable.

Maybe I’m in a sweet spot and the sensation will fade after another decade or two of retraction, but at least right now, I’ve really hit a sweet spot.

Offline lvprcm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2022-04-20 14:40:37 »
I wouldn’t say sensitivity goes away, it just changes over time. For example my entire glans used to be sensitive now I have more sensitivity in my coronal ridge and frenulum. I’m a part time retractor so spend a few months covered every so often. Longest I was covered was about 5 months and I became sensitive again in my whole glans, not as much as when I first exposed my glans or during sexual activity. Masturbation for me is the same and sex theres more feeling/awareness of my coronal ridge.

I agree with Scotsguy27's assessment. The threshold of those sensations changes. I do feel my exposed glans most of the time but it's more dependent of where my mind is focused on. It's like without looking, I can rub a finger against the palm of hand, I feel the rubbing and I can sense some of the nuances of what it may be. I then get a piece of paper and rub it against my palm and I again can sense the rubbing along with other sensations on how it is different from the finger. In either case, none of the sensations come across as painful or abrasive unlike some uncircumcised men who keep their foreskin over their glans more often describe.

In the years, I've found that I've gained more sensitivity in other areas of the glans, like Scotsguy27, pretty much throughout my life I have found the corona rim of the glans as highly sensitive as well as the frenulum which was not an area(frenulum) that I would focused much on prior to having an exposed glans.

The one aspect that has remained unchanged in both covered and uncovered glans is right as I orgasm(ejaculate), is the intense sensitivity I get from anything rubbing against the glans during the orgasm. Pulling out after orgasm from intercourse can be a process (LOL) because the friction from it against my glans is intense. Strangely unlike some that report here that they need to recover their glans upon orgasm. I would leave mine uncovered and so long as nothing rubbed against the glans I was perfectly fine.