News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Proven Posthitis (Foreskin Irritation) Healing Methods

Started by uncutdripper, 2022-03-02 03:36:40

Previous topic - Next topic

uncutdripper

I'm a 44 y/o dude that's just all of a sudden started having foreskin irritation and diagnosed by a urologist with Posthitis.    I have been dealing with foreskin fissures and it's been very painful.  I was prescribed a steroid cream that I've used on and off again for the last three weeks and it got better at one point only to come back.  I'm joining this site to see if this living with a bare head might resolve this Posthitis issue but seeing if any of you other dudes experienced the cracking and very dry and irritated skin that is Posthitis.    Hope I can get some pointers from anyone that has cured this issue.   

TapedStick

Bro I know this hasn't had posts in a bit. I think your problem is likely fungal. Antifungal creams would be worth trying in conjunction with pulling back at least to keep dry. The steroids will not cure fungal infection.

jdm

TapedStick beat me to the punch. I was going to say the same thing. It sounds like it's fungal. Those fissures are a lot like the cracks you get between your toes with athletes foot. And steroids will only relieve inflammation, but won't cure the infection. I would try an athletes foot cream from any drug store. It will probably do more than the prescription. You might also alternate, and apply a topical probiotic, because this will help drive out the fungus with beneficial bacteria.  Depending on the location of the fissures, it might be better to keep the foreskin forward during the healing process. Hard to say without looking at it. I'm just saying that so you don't get hung up oh the retraction part of this. It might do you some good, but it might not. It just depends. Here's a link to a topical probiotic in case you want to try it.

https://www.amazon.com/MenBiotics-Rated-Topical-Probiotic-Body/dp/B018C41DDI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=20CNRE1XE80Y9&keywords=topical+probiotics+for+men&qid=1651731802&sprefix=topical+probiotics+for+men%2Caps%2C267&sr=8-2

Vp6324

I was dealing with similar issues as well. For me, it seems that being pulled back has stretched out the foreskin so that those fissures don't tear open so easily when masterbating. I can't say if being dry helps reduce reoccurences, but I strongly suspect it does. I had to wait for full recovery of symptoms before starting pulling back because the stretching/irritation only made things worse during a flare up.