Author Topic: Part timers - Showering habits  (Read 3616 times)

Offline CuriousSkinner

• NSFW Access
Part timers - Showering habits
« on: 2022-02-13 14:20:26 »
I am just interested, but before I got involved with pulling back I had never given this a second thought.

Before retracting, I would always pull back at some point during my shower to clean, then roll forward again and say no more. But now, even on days where I am not retracting, I pull back for the entire shower and wash myself as normal, but then when I get out to dry myself, I also dry the head and underneath the foreskin with a towel before rolling forward again. Before part time retraction I don't think I could have done this due to sensitivity, but I also wouldn't have even thought about it if you see what I mean.

I am saying this with my experience as a part timer, but also interested in thoughts as full or part timers? Do any of you do this, or have any of you made changes and/or picked up new habits for showering and hygiene since starting your pulled back journey?

Offline lyf

Re: Part timers - Showering habits
« Reply #1 on: 2022-02-13 19:50:23 »
I always kept my foreskin pulled back while taking shower even before starting the permanent retraction thing. I would pull back after undressing then take shower and clean it. After that I kept it like that until it rolled down on its own after bath.

Offline Sebastian

• NSFW Access
  • I am 19 years old. Started pulling back 28.6.2021
« Reply #2 on: 2022-02-14 00:01:55 »
Before i started full time pulling back, i would pull my foreskin back in the shower and clean it and right away cover my glans because it was super sensitive.

But after i started full time pulling back I would go in the shower pulled back good clean my glans and the inner foreskin. And then i would keep it that way until i would dry myself of. Then i would dry my glans and inner foreskin with a towel and keep it retracted when i get dressed.

So it has changed quite a bit fore pulling back and now.
Hope i answered your question.

Offline anon21

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2022-02-14 00:58:43 »
Intermittent retractor but I do the same thing. Pulled back through my entire shower.

Though I don't remember much anymore of the time when my glans was still sensitive. I guess I just pulled it back when I was going to wash it? I remember rubbing it with a towel after was pretty difficult, but nowadays I don't even think of it.

Offline scotsguy27

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2022-02-14 19:15:12 »
I’ve always kept my glans exposed when bathing/showering and left it bare when I got out. Been doing it since I was about 10 years old.

Offline uncutdripper

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2022-03-02 03:28:51 »
I keep my skin pulled down and pull it back when I wash my head. 

Offline McKay

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2022-06-30 10:01:44 »
At first I always covered up my glans. I mean, washed it then covered. Dried it with my tow and then covered again.
After a while I've forgot it to cover. Did not really think about it.
If I'm not actively retracting, i pull back during shower and leave it, when it slips forward it slips forward.

Offline GarethUK

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2022-06-30 12:58:16 »
I'm a part-timer too, but it's strange now to remember the days when drying my glans with a towel was pretty much torture and had to be done with care! Even if I'm not actively retracting my skin these days could well just have rolled back by itself anyway, but I'll always retract as soon as I start showering and it wouldn't occur to me to cover over again - I'd have to make an active choice to cover over as my skin now has a  default "back" setting. The towel now holds no fear either!

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2022-07-01 05:33:36 »
I am a part timer, but I've been doing it so long that it's hard to remember my previous routine. I know that I used shower with the glans covered, until it was time to wash it. Then pull the foreskin back to wash, then cover the glans again when done. The part I don't remember it whether or not I would dry the glans when I got out of the shower. I might have just left it as it was. But now, I tend to pull back when I am going into the shower, and keep it that way throughout. If it slips forward during the shower, I don't care, unless I am in an active retraction phase. But either way, I always dry the glans with a towel when I come out of the shower.

Offline tom76

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2022-07-02 21:50:58 »
Another part time retractor here.
Pulling my skin back on occasions like taking a shower is what makes me a part time retractor.:)

I can't remember having any trouble touching the glans even when I started retracting in my early teens and all of my head was covered.
Today I have a short foreskin that only covers part of the head. Taking a shower I just pull back and leave it there.
Without underwear the skin will typically stay there and even roll back on its own when pulled forward due to some growth.

I skin back manually after taking a shower if it doesn't but often keeping it forward would not even be an option.