News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Chronic balanitis

Started by ivan5555, 2021-11-19 21:15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

ivan5555

Hello!
Anyone has chronic penile redness in the middle of glans? It's been a year now, I don't have any other symptoms. It does get a bit more red and sensitive after sex and that's it.

Tested for STDs- negative, bacteria, Candida- negative... Tried neutral cream's, antibiotic, antifungal, corticosteroids- nothing works. Tried to abstain from sex for a few weeks- little better but still the redness persist. Dermatologist said sometimes the cause is unknown, but doesn't look like something to worry about.

Anyone has similar experience?
I keep it pulled back last few days, hope maybe that will help.

ThePiemel

Not the same, but similar experience. I used to have red spots, all over my glans. Did not hurt or anything, but looked pretty odd. Like a ladybird. When at the doctor for a different reason, mentioned it. He looked and had virtually no clue. Nor had anything he could prescribe. Nor any knowledge of keeping it retracted.

Your idea will however possibly/likely solve it. Wait for the skin to peel. Then see what happens after the extra keratine layer forms. This is fully reversible. Mine peeled at least three times over time before deciding to try and keep it back permanently.

ANatural

Yeah I've had chronic redness in the top, middle section of my glans for 1 or 2 years now. The red spots would also appear for me after sex or masturbating. Even if I washed with warm water straight after. Never used soap on my glans, washed twice a day and patted dry.
Never had a problem with it for the first 35 or so years of my life until recent years.

Countless doctors and dermatologist appointments achieved nothing. I've just gotten sick of being afraid to have any sexual activity cause of how my cock looks for 2 weeks after. So I pulled back a week ago and the balanitis cleared up in a day or two. No sign of it now, but my glans is still a bit flakey and peeley from being newly exposed.

I'm just gonna keep it back forever I think. I've had many many years of a super sensitive head and the joys(and problems) it can bring. Time to try a slightly desensitised version and see what difference it makes to sex and masturbation. I'm actually looking forward to discovering new stuff about my penis.

ArtVan

I had a similar experience. I had a yeast infection 4 years ago, and the glans continued to stay red. I tried every ointment and cream with minimal success.

I started pulling back at the start of October and it's had the biggest impact so far. The glans is still a bit red, but slowly fading

I suspect one of the problems was urine getting caught underneath the foreskin, which was aggravating the glans. Being pulled back, I no longer have this issue.

ivan5555

Quote from: ArtVan on 2021-11-20 15:35:13
I had a similar experience. I had a yeast infection 4 years ago, and the glans continued to stay red. I tried every ointment and cream with minimal success.

I started pulling back at the start of October and it's had the biggest impact so far. The glans is still a bit red, but slowly fading

I suspect one of the problems was urine getting caught underneath the foreskin, which was aggravating the glans. Being pulled back, I no longer have this issue.

Good for you! How long did it took for you to see changes? Was just one part of glans red or entire glans?

ivan5555

Quote from: ANatural on 2021-11-20 09:20:02
Yeah I've had chronic redness in the top, middle section of my glans for 1 or 2 years now. The red spots would also appear for me after sex or masturbating. Even if I washed with warm water straight after. Never used soap on my glans, washed twice a day and patted dry.
Never had a problem with it for the first 35 or so years of my life until recent years.

Countless doctors and dermatologist appointments achieved nothing. I've just gotten sick of being afraid to have any sexual activity cause of how my cock looks for 2 weeks after. So I pulled back a week ago and the balanitis cleared up in a day or two. No sign of it now, but my glans is still a bit flakey and peeley from being newly exposed.

I'm just gonna keep it back forever I think. I've had many many years of a super sensitive head and the joys(and problems) it can bring. Time to try a slightly desensitised version and see what difference it makes to sex and masturbation. I'm actually looking forward to discovering new stuff about my penis.

Great 👍 were those red parts always red or it would heal completely and inflame again?  What did the doctors say?

ivan5555

Quote from: ThePiemel on 2021-11-20 00:09:51
Not the same, but similar experience. I used to have red spots, all over my glans. Did not hurt or anything, but looked pretty odd. Like a ladybird. When at the doctor for a different reason, mentioned it. He looked and had virtually no clue. Nor had anything he could prescribe. Nor any knowledge of keeping it retracted.

Your idea will however possibly/likely solve it. Wait for the skin to peel. Then see what happens after the extra keratine layer forms. This is fully reversible. Mine peeled at least three times over time before deciding to try and keep it back permanently.

Really glans skin will peel? Where did you read that?

dude101

Keep it pulled back and saturate yourself with 100% ALOE for several weeks. Literally fill a condom with it and put it on. Use a hair tie or a cockring to secure the condom while flaccid.

In a few weeks your condition will be better. There are some very stubborn yeast infections. Yeast is everywhere and some brews use the most potent they can get. When you crack that beer open think about its contents on your dick.

Also check your sugar. Yeast must have sugar to survive and grow. If your balantis won't go away with simple washing the. It's very likely your urine.

Normal urine should not be able sustain yeast like this.

You almost eliminate it and it does not take much specimen to begin growing again. Under the foreskin is one of the best places for a stubborn yeast to harbour.

ALOE will zap it. Keep pouring it on.

Jords

Hi, make sure you clean your penis well after sex/masturbation, and dry it well. You could also try some tea tree ointment (not oil)  for a week or two, apply it daily 30mins-1hr before you shower, make sure not to pull back when you have the ointment on. You could also try 100% virgin coconut oil instead of the tea tree ointment, as some people don't like the smell of tea tree.

ThePiemel

Quote from: ivan5555 on 2021-11-20 20:10:40
Really glans skin will peel? Where did you read that?

I did not just read that. It happened several times when I kept my foreskin retracted for longer times. First time I read a good explanation was on a rollback blog.

ThePiemel

Quote from: ArtVan on 2021-11-20 15:35:13

My first idea was the red spots were some kind of allergy. I have had all sorts of allergies all my life. I read some on the internet, there is such a thing as being allergic to your own sperm. I even suggested it to the doctor, but he did not know or could not be sure. It was unpleasant though. Not that it hurt, but it looks like something is wrong. Not very good PR, so to say.

Further research explained that you have bacteria and yeast in all your skin. They both seem to eat each other, while protecting your body against "alien" bacteria and yeasts. Good bugs. Without them, you would be very vulnerable to any contact. When they are not in balance, either the bacteria grow too much (red skin as a result) or the yeasts (white and itchy). Not really a big problem, it is still de good bugs, but it looks unhealthy. The balance between the two can get disturbed by all sorts of things. Stress, a cold or flu, or things like diabetes. Or just using things like alcohol. Alcohol kills the bacteria, so the yeast starts to have a party. At the same time, when the balance is lost, other bacteria or yeasts might "invade" the skin. Causing a real infection.

When you keep your glans, and inner foreskin, exposed, a new top skin develops. It is just a very very thin layer. That is a better place for your natural defense system. Like an extra barrier. The "good bugs" like it more and so keep the "bad bugs" out better. Or even if an issue like sperm allergy, it defends against that too a whole lot better.

All this, by the way, from personal experience. I wish any scientist, doctor or dermatologist could confirm it here! I am neither. Please be aware of that.

On the one down here though, no more red spots, white rashes, no more over sensitivity (like touching your eyeball!) and in general a very happy penis.

ANatural

Quote from: ivan5555 on 2021-11-20 20:04:27
Great 👍 were those red parts always red or it would heal completely and inflame again?  What did the doctors say?
They'd heal after 3 or 4 weeks of redness, I'd finally decide to masturbate or have sex and it would be back the next day. I probably should have waited longer but going a month at a time, for years, between getting off is just painful.
The doctors had me on steroidal and non steroidal anti inflammatories and anti bacterials, intense and mild moisturisers and oils. The whole lot never really worked longer than a few weeks each time. If at all.
I gave up and decided to pursue this route instead.

caveman

I have had that problem, then I found out my GI tract was all out of balance, get on some probiotics or worst case get something to knock of some of the extra Candida you have. I no longer have that problem. And lotramin really helps too.
caveman

airhead

I had that for nearly two years and also tried many creams (two antifungal ones, one antibacterial). The last thing my doctor suggested was metronidazole. Three weeks of that twice daily fixed everything beautifully. The spots haven't come back in the last 3 months.

Metronidazole is effective against a type of anerobic bacteria that can also be present in the vagina, so giving them back and forth between partners can apparently happen. For ladies there are creams or suppositories to stop the cycle. It's not an STD per se so I don't think it's ever tested for, and just trying the cream to see if it helps is very low-risk. It's a narrow spectrum topical antibiotic.