News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Think before training permanent retraction

Started by bareuncut, 2021-10-06 08:43:01

Previous topic - Next topic

bareuncut

It may be a good idea to take a pause and think why you are aiming at permanent retraction. The side effects, potentially harmful damages, irreversible changes, potential of an undesirable final outcome, and the time it takes to reach the final outcome. Think why you want to do it, and also think what you expect gain or improve when you are permanently retracted (say, in your sex life). I am fully retracted for over 25+ years. I started retracting at age 20 because adult circumcision wasn't available in Europe as a routine option. A nurse at a urology clinic recommended retraction as a viable option and I started. In many ways it was a long painful exercise. I continued because she was experienced and monitored my progress. She didn't hide anything and candidly told me what to expect (she trained her own sons and grandsons). It took many years before I reached a permanently exposed bare-glans with intact foreskin rolled back with no inflammation and intact flenulum. My glans lost sensitivity, location of pleasure and orgasm shifted behind the corona. Based on her advice, I didn't had vaginal or oral intercourse until my foreskin comfortably rolled behind the corona (this is to avoid potential infections, and also not to let the foreskin roll forward -- masturbation was allowed while making sure the foreskin stays behind the glans). It was not an easy ordeal. Following posts from the thread "Effects of being pulled back permanently" are very real:

----------------------------
Caveman wrote:
One thing you will most likely notice is loss of sensitivity, some people more then others. Back when I was much younger, starting when I was about 20. I left my foreskin retracted for over 20 years, and I lost a huge amount of sensitivity. By the time I was 40 there was almost no sensitivity at all, and had ED....

I never suffered from ED, but I lost a lot of sensitivity as my glans inflated and the skin turned dry and hard. Another post says:

Teo wrote:
The sensivity changed. For the glan, the sensivity decrease a bit (it's like my lips), but the skin behind the coronna and the former inner-foreskin are very sensitive during intercourse.... The orgasm is a bit different, the orgasm come less from the glan, but I feel it from the coronna and the exposed foreskin along the shaft. I feel the orgasm deeper in all my penis and it last more. I stay erected a longer time after cumming and my wife can enjoy it....

Rolled back foreskin work like a cockring behind the corona. My erections are stronger but most of my sensitivities are behind the glans.

My wife admires my status. Before I told her that I have intact foreskin, she used to think that I am circumcised (she noticed that I don't have a circumcision ring. She thought I had some kind of a ritual procedure).

All-in-all given that adult circumcision is such a easy procedure now, I think, permanent retraction is not the best option.
Retracted since 1996. Straight. Married. Wife appreciate status.

Kylar

I might be misreading something here, but if loss of sensitivity is one of the main concerns you list as a possible negative effect of permanent retraction, "the availability of adult circumcision" making permanent retraction "not the best option" isn't the conclusion one should jump to.

If anything, retraction is reversible and you can then attempt to regain some sensitivity. This is not possible with circumcision, at least not nearly as trivially.

lvprcm

Quote from: Kylar on 2021-10-06 10:50:05
I might be misreading something here, but if loss of sensitivity is one of the main concerns you list as a possible negative effect of permanent retraction, "the availability of adult circumcision" making permanent retraction "not the best option" isn't the conclusion one should jump to.

If anything, retraction is reversible and you can then attempt to regain some sensitivity. This is not possible with circumcision, at least not nearly as trivially.

I have to agree with you and wonder if it is a misread since I find that the argument is kind of flawed however he makes good points about those considering keeping their foreskin retracted at a full time pace. I've too often find postings here and on other sites about guys often giving it up but for their own personal fears or misunderstandings of how things change there are adjustments to be made, that's reality. Most can't handle their overly sensitivity of having an exposed glans or others can't because of their sense of loss. I fail to grasp or understand, why did you start this to begin with and you'll find their contradictory answers? The concluding solution is where I found it incongruous.  As one that had a retracted foreskin all through my youth and had the foreskin removed has been my greatest loss and regret. There is more loss of sensitivity and greater adjustments in sex after having it cut off.

thesevenpointfive

Quote from: lvprcm on 2021-10-06 14:07:21
I have to agree with you and wonder if it is a misread since I find that the argument is kind of flawed however he makes good points about those considering keeping their foreskin retracted at a full time pace. I've too often find postings here and on other sites about guys often giving it up but for their own personal fears or misunderstandings of how things change there are adjustments to be made, that's reality. Most can't handle their overly sensitivity of having an exposed glans or others can't because of their sense of loss. I fail to grasp or understand, why did you start this to begin with and you'll find their contradictory answers? The concluding solution is where I found it incongruous.  As one that had a retracted foreskin all through my youth and had the foreskin removed has been my greatest loss and regret. There is more loss of sensitivity and greater adjustments in sex after having it cut off.

I must admit having read the post i was a little confused, the point of pulling back is to lose sensitivity, but the option to go back and pull your skin is still there
Love skining back and letting my head show

Johnny_V

What were the nurse advices and guidances?

dude101

The opposite point is also true. 1/3 uncircumcised men suffer from premature ejaculation. Men begin to suffer from ED around age 40. Correlation does not mean causation as the staticians say. You can have a perfectly retracted dick that performs quite well. For all the men out there suffering with balantis, phimosis, and other skin irratations the ability to pull back is a simple and effective solution to stop a life time of suffering.

bareuncut

I am sorry, I wasn't clear about my reasons for pulling back. I was not retracting foreskin to reduce glans sensitivity. I was suffering from recurrent UTIs in my early 20s (possibly from various sex partners) and I had mild phimosis (my foreskin would retract, but it was tight over the glans). Antibiotics only worked as temporary relief. I consulted Urologists and circumcision was suggested as a potential surgical resolution. But in those days adult circumcision was rare and the practice of circumcision was unfavorable in Europe. When an experienced nurse compassionately recommended permanent foreskin retraction as a sure solution and healthy practice, I decided to give it a try.

Regarding the nurse's advises and training, its been a long time and I cannot remember many details. I remember she was very clear and upfront about the training process, time, and expected changes. So I had no surprise when my foreskin inflamed or glans swelled. It took about a year for my status to change from entirely covered to fully bare glans in both flaccid and erection. But my foreskin could still roll forward during sex or masturbation. It took several years before my foreskin shrunk and permanently rolled back behind the corona (after 25+ years, now it is almost impossible to pull it to cover the entire glans).
Retracted since 1996. Straight. Married. Wife appreciate status.

thesevenpointfive

Quote from: bareuncut on 2021-10-10 12:04:03
I am sorry, I wasn't clear about my reasons for pulling back. I was not retracting foreskin to reduce glans sensitivity. I was suffering from recurrent UTIs in my early 20s (possibly from various sex partners) and I had mild phimosis (my foreskin would retract, but it was tight over the glans). Antibiotics only worked as temporary relief. I consulted Urologists and circumcision was suggested as a potential surgical resolution. But in those days adult circumcision was rare and the practice of circumcision was unfavorable in Europe. When an experienced nurse compassionately recommended permanent foreskin retraction as a sure solution and healthy practice, I decided to give it a try.

Regarding the nurse's advises and training, its been a long time and I cannot remember many details. I remember she was very clear and upfront about the training process, time, and expected changes. So I had no surprise when my foreskin inflamed or glans swelled. It took about a year for my status to change from entirely covered to fully bare glans in both flaccid and erection. But my foreskin could still roll forward during sex or masturbation. It took several years before my foreskin shrunk and permanently rolled back behind the corona (after 25+ years, now it is almost impossible to pull it to cover the entire glans).

Thanks for the explanation, its good that you now have the skin that stays back and you are used to that, i think for some thats the nirvana.
Love skining back and letting my head show