Author Topic: Pulling back to treat Balanitis?  (Read 6704 times)

Offline ArtVan

• NSFW Access
Pulling back to treat Balanitis?
« on: 2021-10-01 20:49:44 »
Hi all,

I am an uncircumcised male in my 40's. I have been dealing with Balanitis on my penis glans for the past 4 years. I've tried every cream and ointment (e.g. anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-itch, etc.), and visited a couple of doctors and dermatologists, with minimal success. I stumbled onto the subReddit for Balanitis where someone recommended simulating a circumcision to treat Balanitis, which led me to this website.

I'm curious whether anyone here has been successful in treating their Balanitis by pulling back their foreskin and simulating a circumcision.

I have been pulling back my foreskin this week, and exposing the glans. Luckily, my foreskin just sits on top behind the glans, without any additional intervention.  I have the following questions:

1. Pulling back the foreskin has led to my glans become dried and wrinkled, almost like a raison. There is also some peeling. My understanding is that this is good and normal.

2. Should I be applying any moisturizer to the glans while having it pulled back?

3. Any advice or tips on this process? How long will it take before I notice a difference?

Any input would be appreciated!

Thank you!   

Offline TemporaryAccount

• NSFW Access
Re: Pulling back to treat Balanitis?
« Reply #1 on: 2021-10-02 02:39:10 »
I started pulling back for a fairly similar reason. Like you, I tried a number of creams and ointments and stumbled upon this place. I'm now three months in and my balanitis is definitely gone. So is the burning/stinging sensation. There may be an ever so slight amount of redness but it's fading gradually and my concerns that I had before are pretty much a thing of the past. You can read my posts to see my chronicled update on what to expect. No need to moisturize. Just keep your glans bare and let it do its thing. You'll notice changes pretty fast. The first week, maybe two, can be a bit challenging when there is so much sensitivity, but once that fades and it becomes more comfortable, you'll probably be pretty happy with the results.

Offline ArtVan

• NSFW Access
« Reply #2 on: 2021-10-02 03:08:51 »
Thank you for your post! This is very encouraging. Yes, it's currently challenging with the sensitivity, but hopefully it will get better. Cheers!

Offline dude101

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2021-10-03 15:57:40 »
It's the #1 treatment method imo. After a few weeks the condition will be mostly gone. After a month it should be entirely gone. The changing your body's chemistry has probably led to the condition and you should try to determine the cause. I hope you had your blood sugar checked to make sure that you are not suffering with high sugar. Sugar is a fuel for the yeast and with your foreskin forward it creates a very moist nutritious environment for yeast to grow. There's usually an equilibrium that exists between the bacteria and the yeast on the head of your dick. But it doesn't take much for this environment to become hostile.

I've also found that ALOE is generally a great product for most skin conditions. It's a natural product that is naturally antifungal. I strongly encourage its use.

When I was a young teen I suffered with phimosis. The only option at the time from the medical establishment was to go under the knife. I declined and proceeded to look for alternatives. If you ask me the first course of treatment that any doctor or nurse should tell a patient is to pull their skin back and leave it back for a while. I don't know where the disconnect is with doctors and these issues but I find it extremely annoying.

There are countless men out there getting themselves circumcised because the doctors told them that was the best course of treatment. Unfortunately for many of them I'm sure they could have been easily treated by simply pulling their skin back.

Anyways I'm really glad you found this place good luck.

Offline thesevenpointfive

• NSFW Access
« Reply #4 on: 2021-10-04 07:24:27 »
I started pulling back for a fairly similar reason. Like you, I tried a number of creams and ointments and stumbled upon this place. I'm now three months in and my balanitis is definitely gone. So is the burning/stinging sensation. There may be an ever so slight amount of redness but it's fading gradually and my concerns that I had before are pretty much a thing of the past. You can read my posts to see my chronicled update on what to expect. No need to moisturize. Just keep your glans bare and let it do its thing. You'll notice changes pretty fast. The first week, maybe two, can be a bit challenging when there is so much sensitivity, but once that fades and it becomes more comfortable, you'll probably be pretty happy with the results.

Thats great to hear, some times doctors are to quick to talk about other methods before trying this. Thanks for the information
Love skining back and letting my head show

Offline Vivek_mail82

• NSFW Access
  • I love autocircumcision
« Reply #5 on: 2021-10-04 12:07:19 »
Pulledback foreskin is the best and natural method of Balanitis remedy. Does not cost any and have several other benefits too. I have mild balanitis and it occurs if i roll forward the foreskin for 1 week.
Vivek

Offline ArtVan

• NSFW Access
« Reply #6 on: 2021-10-04 14:36:20 »
It's the #1 treatment method imo. After a few weeks the condition will be mostly gone. After a month it should be entirely gone. The changing your body's chemistry has probably led to the condition and you should try to determine the cause. I hope you had your blood sugar checked to make sure that you are not suffering with high sugar. Sugar is a fuel for the yeast and with your foreskin forward it creates a very moist nutritious environment for yeast to grow. There's usually an equilibrium that exists between the bacteria and the yeast on the head of your dick. But it doesn't take much for this environment to become hostile.

I've also found that ALOE is generally a great product for most skin conditions. It's a natural product that is naturally antifungal. I strongly encourage its use.

Timely you mentioned this as I'm in the process of scheduling a blood test. I have diabetes in my family so sugar in my urine could be a contributing factor.

Do you have a particular brand of ALOE that you have used that you recommend?

Many thanks for your input. Cheers.

Offline dude101

• NSFW Access
« Reply #7 on: 2021-10-09 01:10:20 »
Sure do. Avoid the brands that have other products like parabeans etc... You want 99-100%.

Holika Holika Aloe 99% is a common brand. You can find it everywhere. There's smaller bottles Walgreens sell that fit snugly in a shaving bag.

ALOE is a miracle gel. It's natural antifungal capability is the best.

Offline ArtVan

• NSFW Access
« Reply #8 on: 2021-10-11 18:10:10 »
Thanks for the tip. I picked up some 99.9% Aloe Vera gel. It's very soothing!

I've been pulling back about 10 days, and so far, so good. The glans is already starting to look and feel better.

During the day, I don't even notice that it's pulled back and I need to occasionally check that that it's still pulled back.

The one time that I do notice it is at night in bed. I do find it a bit uncomfortable at night when sleeping, but I figure that I will eventually get used to it.

Offline hawthorne

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2021-10-18 19:01:53 »
I cleared my balanitis after about 2 weeks of keeping it retracted, mixed with some antibiotic cream. Surprised this wasn't a suggestion from the doctor. Probably is circumcised himself or has little experience with foreskins.

I did the blood test for diabetes as well and never heard about the results so I assume it wasn't an issue.

I do find it can come back after longer periods of not showering, or after oral sex, but quickly goes away gain after a couple days of leaving myself retracted.

Offline ArtVan

• NSFW Access
« Reply #10 on: 2021-10-28 22:15:07 »
Just thought I'd provide an update:

It has now been almost a month since pulling back. My glans is already starting to look and feel better. There is still a fair bit of redness on the glans, but I'm thinking (hoping) that it will get paler as time goes on.

The biggest change is I had been uncomfortable sleeping with the foreskin pulled back, as the glans would rub against my underwear throughout the night. I'm now sleeping without any underwear which has made a huge difference! As the glans is no longer rubbing against any underwear, I don't feel anything at all.

I will provide further updates as the situation progresses.

Cheers.

Offline ThePiemel

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2021-10-29 01:58:08 »
Tried some spit on it? Seriously. Same balance between bacteria en fungi needs to be maintained in your mouth as well. Spit contains many potent enzymes to help keep the balance. While what goes in there above is much more a royal buffet for bacteria and fungi then what comes out below. Just a suggestion.

Offline ivan5555

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2021-11-02 06:45:52 »
Hello guys! I have balanitis for about 6-7 months, mainly presented as redness (just one part of glans) and hypersensitivity. Tried a looooot of creams, nothing helped.
Doctors say its probably irritative, still it bothers me that the middle of glans is always a bit red, even in good periods. I don't know if it is normal.

So, I would like to try pulling back. Every experience I great to read.

@ArtVan is the redness on the whole glans or one part? How are you doing now?

Offline ArtVan

• NSFW Access
« Reply #13 on: 2021-11-05 00:50:51 »
The redness is primarily in one area of the glans.

It's still red, but getting better. The glans is now dry and definitely feels better.

Offline TapedStick

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2021-11-05 15:42:16 »
I don't know about the suggestion to use spit to put bacteria on your dick. I think there will be both good and bad bacteria (and other organisms like viruses, fungi, etc.). Granted some dudes have occasionally used spit as lube (I'd argue this is unnecessary for intact dudes), but most dudes would clean themselves after ejaculation. If you for some reason feel like leaving spit on your dick, it'd be a good idea to research whats actually in your spit. I would not do this personally.