Author Topic: Balanitis/Reoccurring yeast infections  (Read 6881 times)

Offline JP789112

• NSFW Access
Re: Balanitis/Reoccurring yeast infections
« Reply #15 on: 2021-03-30 12:02:30 »
I have balanitis under the foreskin as well, but I'm having trouble retracting the skin further back away from the glans.

I've the same problem, one of the reasons simply retracting wasn't enough for my case (a bacterial infection in the sulcus region).

First of all, drying the glans works wonders to eliminate aerobic pathogens, but hardly helps when it comes to anaerobic (or facultative) ones. If there's any discharge, you should definitely do a swab/culture test to find out exactly what ails you. And, if there's not, there are a few other options:
— Wash it either with warm water only or with hypoallergenic neutral liquid baby soap (if you can't wash the sulcus region directly with your fingers, simply massage it well from the outside), dry it completely (with the help of a fan, if needed) and apply extra virgin coconut oil (as sterile as possible) to keep it moisturized and to avoid friction;
— Include as many natural antibiotics (raw garlic, raw ginger, oregano oil, colloidal silver etc.) in your diet as possible in case the pathogen's of bacterial origin;
— If you wish, include probiotics in your diet as well (more effective when you know which strains can help fighting against that specific pathogen);
— Some would even recommend the AIP diet to leave no stone unturned (a great help in inflammatory cases);
— Schedule an appointment with a doctor to get to the bottom of this.

Good luck!

Offline Hastalavista

• NSFW Access
« Reply #16 on: 2022-08-30 16:44:18 »
I've the same problem, one of the reasons simply retracting wasn't enough for my case (a bacterial infection in the sulcus region).

First of all, drying the glans works wonders to eliminate aerobic pathogens, but hardly helps when it comes to anaerobic (or facultative) ones. If there's any discharge, you should definitely do a swab/culture test to find out exactly what ails you. And, if there's not, there are a few other options:
— Wash it either with warm water only or with hypoallergenic neutral liquid baby soap (if you can't wash the sulcus region directly with your fingers, simply massage it well from the outside), dry it completely (with the help of a fan, if needed) and apply extra virgin coconut oil (as sterile as possible) to keep it moisturized and to avoid friction;
— Include as many natural antibiotics (raw garlic, raw ginger, oregano oil, colloidal silver etc.) in your diet as possible in case the pathogen's of bacterial origin;
— If you wish, include probiotics in your diet as well (more effective when you know which strains can help fighting against that specific pathogen);
— Some would even recommend the AIP diet to leave no stone unturned (a great help in inflammatory cases);
— Schedule an appointment with a doctor to get to the bottom of this.

Good luck!

Hello! How long did it take to cure your balanit? And did you go on any diet?

Offline nlizard7

• NSFW Access
« Reply #17 on: 2022-10-24 02:52:14 »
YES! Two years ago I had a yeast infection due to a very strong course of antibiotics and this site is where I found pull back methods to dry out my foreskin and help me cure it. The tape method is probably your best bet as I could expose my inner skin. Combined with OTC cream I was cured in a week.