Author Topic: My long-term retraction progress  (Read 44746 times)

Offline soundsgreat87

My long-term retraction progress
« on: 2015-09-06 21:13:29 »
After cutting my frenulum for a third time back in June, I got the urge to really test how long I could stay retracted. I went for a little over a week back in May, but this time I wanted to go for a full month.

I found that I can now roll my foreskin backwards over a cockring, like this:

I started on August 18th and I've been retracted ever since, so 19 days so far. I wear the ring in the day. It's totally comfortable and I can wear it for 12+ hours. It doesn't pinch or constrict the dick too much. Wearing it at night is a little uncomfortable though, since I sleep on my front so it will tend to pinch and get sore. Instead, I fold the foreskin backwards over itself at night like this:

Even if I get hard, it stays folded:

I haven't had it go forward at night once!

The glans texture is definitely changing, if slowly. The one thing I've really noticed is that my pearly papules (the little bumps on the ridge of the glans) are definitely smaller and smoother than they used to be. I'm glad about this, I never liked them!

I'm gonna keep going, at least a month... I'm really excited to see how my cock changes!

Offline FormerRetractor

• NSFW Access
Re: My long-term retraction progress
« Reply #1 on: 2015-09-07 03:37:36 »
Does your foreskin stay retracted by itself once you've pulled it back, or do you have to help it somehow?  Is the cock ring during the day meant to stretch your foreskin, or is it for pleasure?
And BTW...I see that your inner skin is much lighter than your shaft skin, I like that...

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #2 on: 2015-09-07 05:34:49 »
Well if I fold it back like in the last two pics, it will stay like that as long as I don't move around too much or bend over too far. For that reason I only keep it like that when I'm sleeping, and sometimes in the evenings when I'm relaxing.

I wear the ring during the day to keep the skin back, but if it has the side effect of stretching my foreskin, I'm fine with that!

As for the abrupt color change, that's actually something weird that happened a few years ago.. out of nowhere I started to get some light patches on my cock and balls, mostly on my glans and inner foreskin, but a few spots on the underside of my ballsack too. I don't know if it's vitiligo or what. Other than the loss of pigment, there were zero symptoms. It's spread a bit further on my glans and inner foreskin in the past few years.

Offline FormerRetractor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #3 on: 2015-09-07 14:29:21 »
What is it that makes some foreskins just stay put once retracted, and some not?  I never had any problem keeping it retracted, except sometimes while sitting it would just roll back over the head.  The only real issue I had with keeping it retracted was how it bunched up at the ridge.  The circumference of the foreskin part was much bigger than the ridge of the glans.  Even though I had a very tight frenulum, it didn't impede my staying retracted;  as it seems to for some with a short and/or tight frenulum.
But, I have say, this is a great site.  If all this info had been around in the early nineties, I probably would not have had a circumcision.  I would have tried to do something with my frenulum first...

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #4 on: 2015-09-07 18:55:07 »
I think it's just a combination of factors -- length of the foreskin, tightness of the foreskin opening, elasticity of the foreskin, size of the glans relative to the shaft, grower vs. shower, etc. Some guys get lucky and are able to just pull it back and it'll stay there. I know you mentioned your foreskin was pretty tight, so maybe that's why.

Offline Wray

• NSFW Access
« Reply #5 on: 2015-09-07 19:33:21 »
Good luck man! I hope you can keep it back.

I was actually tempted to start a separate thread on this so let me know if I should. In your last pic where you have the skin just behind the head exposed, is it like that only when erect? I think that if I could keep my skin back like that constantly for like a few days the skin would dry out a bit/shrink and would be less likely to roll forward.

I use the spoon method and I get fairly decent results, after like 4 days the skin no longer covers the whole of my head but only when erect hence I thought if I could stretch the skin back and try and dry it out / shrink it or flatten out the wrinkles int he foreskin, then perhaps it would no longer cover the head even when flaccid.

What are your thoughts on this? Let me know if I should start a new thread.

Cheers Wray.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 2015-09-07 19:36:01 »
Nice progress!

Funny thing, I tried your kind of fold (and you know I have a really loose frenulum and a quite loose foreskin), and I can't even get the top side folded outwards like yours.  I mean I expected to be able to at least do it and then have my sorta-broken frenulum pull it back to normal, but I just can't.  Weird!

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #7 on: 2015-09-07 20:51:41 »
Good luck man! I hope you can keep it back.

I was actually tempted to start a separate thread on this so let me know if I should. In your last pic where you have the skin just behind the head exposed, is it like that only when erect? I think that if I could keep my skin back like that constantly for like a few days the skin would dry out a bit/shrink and would be less likely to roll forward.

I use the spoon method and I get fairly decent results, after like 4 days the skin no longer covers the whole of my head but only when erect hence I thought if I could stretch the skin back and try and dry it out / shrink it or flatten out the wrinkles int he foreskin, then perhaps it would no longer cover the head even when flaccid.

Thanks!

When I have the skin folded over itself without the ring, it only fully exposes the inner foreskin when erect, yes. It does still expose most of the inner skin when flaccid, which you can see in the second pic.

Wearing the ring does a much better job of keeping the inner foreskin exposed, flaccid or erect. The inner foreskin drying and thickening is kind of what I'm going for too -- at some point, I imagine that it will stop being flexible enough to cover the head without being pushed forward on purpose.

Nice progress!

Funny thing, I tried your kind of fold (and you know I have a really loose frenulum and a quite loose foreskin), and I can't even get the top side folded outwards like yours.  I mean I expected to be able to at least do it and then have my sorta-broken frenulum pull it back to normal, but I just can't.  Weird!

Huh! It was a lot harder for me to do before I started wearing the ring, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also how are you trying to fold it? The way I do it is roll the foreskin all the way forward, then put my index fingers on either side with the tips just under the ridge of the head. Then I roll the skin back over my fingers, and carefully slide the fingers out. I'd imagine using something flat would work too.

Offline Kylar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 2015-09-08 07:20:29 »
Huh! It was a lot harder for me to do before I started wearing the ring, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Also how are you trying to fold it? The way I do it is roll the foreskin all the way forward, then put my index fingers on either side with the tips just under the ridge of the head. Then I roll the skin back over my fingers, and carefully slide the fingers out. I'd imagine using something flat would work too.

I tried with my thumbs (that being simply more natural for a hand position), but the skin moved around so much I couldn't even slide the skin over them.

Offline Wray

• NSFW Access
« Reply #9 on: 2015-09-08 19:19:35 »
I personally think that if I could pull my skin back, like right back as in the third pick but without being folded my skin would shrink and not go forward. Sometimes in the morning I pull my skin back and then tuck my penis in my waist band, that holds the skin back really tight. After only 30 mins it's already flattened out and dried the skin a little which makes it much harder for the foreskin to cover the head.

I was thinking that if I did something like this it would stretch the foreskin back for longer periods and also when flaccid?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/aMDF74Juqtg/maxresdefault.jpg

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #10 on: 2015-09-08 19:39:14 »
I've heard of guys using penis extenders to achieve glans exposure. I dunno how effective they are, but I would imagine at the very least they would stretch the tendons at the base of the penis, which would allow the flaccid dick to hang longer, giving you an effectively shorter foreskin.

Offline Wray

• NSFW Access
« Reply #11 on: 2015-09-08 20:23:41 »
I will make a new thread and ask if anyone has tried it ;)

Offline themim

• NSFW Access
« Reply #12 on: 2015-09-09 07:22:54 »
A month is a great milestone, nice job!

Offline soundsgreat87

« Reply #13 on: 2015-09-09 09:06:29 »
Thanks! Today marks three weeks, so just one more week will be a month! ;D I'll try to take some pics then to show the changes in the glans.

Offline FormerRetractor

• NSFW Access
« Reply #14 on: 2015-09-09 17:31:44 »
Good stuff...it's been quite a while since I began retracting mine, but I seem to recall that after about a month it started to get a little more comfortable. That first month, or so, both the glans and the bunched up foreskin were irritated and uncomfortable for me.  Keep it up.