News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Retracted foreskin highly sensitive - is spoon method hindering me?

Started by AnonD, 2020-11-07 12:31:59

Previous topic - Next topic

AnonD

I've been pulling back for a few days now, and what I've found is my glans has started to become less sensitive, which is a great step forward for me. I can even point the showerhead stream directly onto the glans now whereas previously I couldn't.

However, the major source of discomfort for me has always been and still is my foreskin sensitivity, specifically the left and right sides of the foreskin (when looking straight down) of my retracted foreskin. It is incredible sore and itchy at random times when it rubs up against my pubes or roughly against my underwear.

Interestingly, the spoon method (which I achieved today for the first time using lube) eliminates this issue completely, because the inner part of the foreskin is tucked away. However, is this approach actually just circumventing the issue?

I.e, to reduce the sensitivity of my foreskin, do I need to avoid the spoon method and just soldier through the pain so the skin can get used to all of the physical contact?

If so, does anyone have any suggestions to expedite the desensitisation process?

Thanks in advance.

AnonD

On further thought, I suspect this could be a case of pineapple dick.

That's where your pubes are short and sharp which can cause a lot of discomfort when they prickle and poke at your piece.

I shaved against the grain a few weeks back and looks like they've come back with a vengeance. This obviously wasn't an issue before I started pulling back, though.

I'll try to soften the hairs and trim them a bit to blunt the edges and see how I go.

bioshock0706

This is an issue which I also have (few months of retracting every now and then).

Glans has desensitised nicely and bearable to touch.

However, the inner foreskin (specifically the back side and frenulum) get really uncomfortable and sore when rubbing against my testicles and pubes.

If anyone can give tips on how to overcome this, it would be highly appreciated!

Daffyskin

You are correct in thinking that tucking back (spoon method or whatever) keeps the inner skin covered and therefore it will retain its sensitivity. To reduce the sensitivity, it needs to be exposed. There are some posts on here that discuss the use of various lotions and potions to accelerate things, but I am a bit of a purist and advocate the natural process.
Exposure x time = desensitisation.
If it is highly uncomfortable then perhaps try a 'little and often' approach. It will become accustomed to it eventually. It is not a race - it is a journey.

Pube stubble is prickly - I cannot deny that - so if you want to avoid it then you need to shave regularly. But I also suspect that one can become accustomed to stubble over time as well. You could experiment with different lengths, e.g. smooth shaft and sack, and a bush that is long enough to soften but short enough to avoid the glans & skin.

Underwear may also be relevant. I found, in my early days, that tight underwear squashed my glans & skin against my pubes and the fabric, causing it to rub and be uncomfortable. I overcame this by going without underwear when pulling back.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your endeavour.
Full-time retractor.
I just love tucking back and free-balling.

PermanetlyBareKnob

I have to agree with Daffyskin's advice.  It just takes exposure and patience to desensitize the newly exposed parts of your penis.  A few days is extremely early in the process.   It's a slow and steady process, getting gradually better, and it might take months or longer before things reach a plateau.

If you want your inner skin to be desensitized, you may need to switch to a retraction method that keeps the inner skin exposed.  I have used the tape method for that purpose, though these days, now that I'm pretty much fully desensitized, I use the spoon method to keep retracted most of the time.