Author Topic: using surgical spirit to toughen glans  (Read 28493 times)

Offline soundsgreat87

Re: using surgical spirit to toughen glans
« Reply #15 on: 2019-06-24 23:25:41 »
Precisely. The lip is a mucous membrane just like the glans!

Offline PBnaturist

• NSFW Access
  • Bare is BEST!
« Reply #16 on: 2021-04-13 15:01:42 »
Just tried this for the 1st time!

This is the driest my glans and underskin have ever been!  ;D

Soaked some toilet paper as Richard did and gave my glans and underskin a good wipe. It did not burn as like I thought it might, but it did feel hot and tingly for a few minutes and this sensation faded away quickly.

Sitting here nicely rolled back unaided by my usual silicone ring!  8)

If there are no ill effects overnight, I'll do this again tomorrow!

Offline Stickler99

• NSFW Access
« Reply #17 on: 2021-05-18 21:09:40 »
I use surgical spirit on the foreskin and glans most days as part of normal cleaning.
I've found it has helped and reduced the sensitivity of the foreskin in particular.

Offline halfard

• NSFW Access
  • skin back always looks and feels good
« Reply #18 on: 2021-06-20 07:31:45 »
not been on this site for a while, glad to see other guys find spirit cock-head hardens  ... may have also mention that because it hardens the cock-head also hardens hardens skin where ead joins shaft so it not roll back over so keeping the foreskin retracted all the time.  any women comment on how sexy the 'cut look' is and guys love the look and feel as head rubs especially when, like me, commando?
Always found bare-headed penis soooo sexy.  Started keeping my skin back many years ago, looks and feels great, especially rubs when out commando.  My foreskin stays back all the time. Masturbate dry: skin back tight, wrap finger and thumb round cock where head joins shaft, like circumcised guy.

Offline lmea14

• NSFW Access
« Reply #19 on: 2022-03-10 00:52:34 »
Bumping an old thread but... how are you all getting on with this? I have to say, putting someting that harsh on something like the glans doesn't sound like a good idea! Aren't you worried that you'll end up not being able to feel anything?

Offline Stickler99

• NSFW Access
« Reply #20 on: 2022-03-10 09:10:59 »
No, not really.
Been doing it quite a while and still feel everything just fine.
If you find it does reduce sensation. Just stop.

Offline BenTwilley

• NSFW Access
  • Pulled back over 30 years. Stays there now.
« Reply #21 on: 2022-06-01 18:28:07 »
Recently found this thread, so I got some surgical spirit and gave it a try. Excellent results. Although I’ve retracted for many years, there’s always been a risk of the skin rolling forward, but after just short of a month with regular (at least once a day) fairly generous applications I’ve now got a dryer inner foreskin, and a foreskin that stays put without an occasional tuck in to help it. Stings a bit at first, but not unpleasant and certainly worth persisting. See recent picture.
Ben Twilley

Offline soundsgreat87

Offline redback

• NSFW Access
« Reply #23 on: 2022-06-02 07:49:36 »
Ben's picture is perfect. I only started a few days ago, so I'm trying to get keratinization and drying as soon as possible. I apply alcohol every day about 2-3 times. The glans is rougher to the touch, the inner foreskin is drier and it rolls back considerably less. 

I think a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (from the pharmacy) might have good results. It dries out the skin, has a bleaching effect. What do you think about it?

Wikipedia:
"Historically hydrogen peroxide was used for disinfecting wounds, partly because of its low cost and prompt availability compared to other antiseptics. Now it is thought to inhibit healing and to induce scarring, because it destroys newly formed skin cells."

Offline BenTwilley

• NSFW Access
« Reply #24 on: 2022-06-02 12:45:01 »
Go easy on the peroxide, sounds risky.
Ben Twilley

Offline Stickler99

• NSFW Access
« Reply #25 on: 2022-06-03 15:57:13 »
Go easy on the peroxide, sounds risky.

I would agree. I've used it diluted in water to clean piercings and that used to fizz like a bastard

Offline BenTwilley

• NSFW Access
« Reply #26 on: 2022-06-03 18:30:43 »
I’ve just thought, why would you want to bleach it. Most of us are looking for a tanned glans.
Ben Twilley

Offline redback

• NSFW Access
« Reply #27 on: 2022-06-04 10:34:46 »
I would agree. I've used it diluted in water to clean piercings and that used to fizz like a bastard
I think you used a far stronger concentration than 3%.

I’ve just thought, why would you want to bleach it. Most of us are looking for a tanned glans.
Of course I don't want to bleach it, it's just one of the effects of the peroxide.

So I assumed that if the 3% peroxide solution is meant to be used on skin (acne, etc) it shouldn't be dangerous. It has a strong drying effect. But I admit that alcohol is probably safer.

Offline jdm

• NSFW Access
« Reply #28 on: 2022-06-07 09:51:47 »
Ben's picture is perfect. I only started a few days ago, so I'm trying to get keratinization and drying as soon as possible. I apply alcohol every day about 2-3 times. The glans is rougher to the touch, the inner foreskin is drier and it rolls back considerably less. 

I think a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (from the pharmacy) might have good results. It dries out the skin, has a bleaching effect. What do you think about it?

Wikipedia:
"Historically hydrogen peroxide was used for disinfecting wounds, partly because of its low cost and prompt availability compared to other antiseptics. Now it is thought to inhibit healing and to induce scarring, because it destroys newly formed skin cells."

Peroxide should be fine as a disinfectant. When used externally, it's not likely to cause any problems. In fact, it should be more gentile than any rubbing alcohol/surgical spirits. But it doesn't evaporate and dry out surfaces like rubbing alcohol/surgical spirits do. So I'm not sure it would really help in that respect.

If keratinization is your goal, you might find this thread interesting. https://pulledback.org/index.php?topic=224.msg1786;topicseen#msg1786
It's something I wrote long ago, about keratinizing agents, which discussed the use of topical conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). And somewhere in there it mentioned the use of CLA and alcohol in conjunction with each other. You might want to give that a read.

Offline jafar_t

• NSFW Access
« Reply #29 on: 2023-10-30 19:48:24 »
I have tried alcohol on my inner skin and glans for just 3 and 4 days and lost 80% of my sensitivity as a result. Yes, it is incredibly clean and dry but I am afraid that it will lead to long-term damage, i.e. killing off the nerves. I wonder what other agents may be used for keratinization?