News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

Will you instruct your sons to permanently retract?

Started by hung.part.timer, 2023-01-10 01:30:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you instruct your sons to permanently retract?

Yes, I will teach my sons to keep their foreskin retracted 24/7
35 (37.2%)
I will share that I've chosen to retract 24/7, but not encourage a decision either way
26 (27.7%)
No, I will not discuss permanent retraction explicitly with my son
21 (22.3%)
I already have taught my sons to retract 24/7
3 (3.2%)
Something else...
9 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 94

hung.part.timer

I don't have a son myself, but I'm very interested in what you fathers and fathers-to-be have chosen to teach your sons.

I assume none of us will circumcise our sons as we don't want to impose that decision upon an autonomous individual. But I'm wondering if instructing our sons - even in their teens - to pull back 24/7 is coercing a decision upon them as well. Yes, this is obviously not even close to the same impact or brutality of non-consenting circumcision.

Thinking about the prominence of circ-ing in the states, I can't help but imagine if 19th century American Victorians had instituted retraction instead of RIC then we'd all just have a convo around 13 and them make a choice.

What do you think? How will you choose to transmit this practice to the next generation?

baremountainman

I have 2 sons in their 20s and they are not circumcised. My own retractions have been brief until recently when I decided to permanently retract. We never had the retraction conversation. I've discussed hygiene and am available for advice on treating an infection but that hasn't come up either. I guess if I was approached about a foreskin issue, I would include retraction as an option. The practice was not passed down to me. I sort of began experimenting to see how the other half lives being that we live among the cut and are a minority in America.

stephan29

As a young boy I was told to push my foreskin behind and leave it behind. The foreskin was too tight back then and it should probably be stretched additionally. So I would at least show/explain to my sons (I don't have any) that it's possible and if they want to do it, they can/should do it, but only if they want to.

hung.part.timer

Quote from: stephan29 on 2023-01-10 10:28:15
As a young boy I was told to push my foreskin behind and leave it behind. The foreskin was too tight back then and it should probably be stretched additionally. So I would at least show/explain to my sons (I don't have any) that it's possible and if they want to do it, they can/should do it, but only if they want to.
May I ask where you grew up? Did your father or brothers also keep their foreskin retracted?

stephan29

Quote from: hung.part.timer on 2023-01-10 15:37:05
May I ask where you grew up? Did your father or brothers also keep their foreskin retracted?

sorry haven't answered yet. Come from Germany. and my father didn't wear the foreskin behind.

Tfloyd

I will tell my son about retraction. I wish I would've known about it years before I did. My father was cut so didn't have any information to give

Jagtstein

I will not recommend retracting the foreskin to my sons. Because I know that doing so will make the glans less sensitive. I will recommend masturbation with the foreskin to my sons. I will also recommend removing the frenulum as this will allow the foreskin to slide more freely over the glans. You should start masturbating as early as possible. Because that's very healthy. :)
Masturbation is better than sex.

adan

we have a japanese member in the forum, he sayd there that instruction, and the practice is common, so, it can be done.
My father taught this for me and my brothers, no one got used to, even trying.
I don't do a bad judgment about who circ the children, they want the best for him( like who don't circ want the best to) kid pain a lot in that age, the body not yet fully formed, this hurt. Is the age when the pain matter less, because everything hurt. there are a lot of reasons to don't circ (others to do), pity is the worst.