Author Topic: My Retraction experience (updates)  (Read 5778 times)

Offline Hadds

My Retraction experience (updates)
« on: 2015-10-24 17:33:25 »
I'm making this new thread to share with you guys my experience and update day to day about my retraction.

Today is Day 2. I slept retracted (spoon method without spoon: my foreskin tucks in perfectly behind the glans no spoon needed, just with enough lube) and when I woke up all my foreskin (especially the frenulum) was kinda swollen and very itchy. Not painful, only much softer and fuller. The foreskin was still perfectly tucked in, so I guess I'll sleep using that method from now on.

I left home in the morning with a normal retraction (not tucked in, just rolled back, but it stays there luckily for me) and I went on for an hour until my frenulum/opening of the urethra (can't really tell) started hurting, maybe because of friction with the underwear, so I went to the toilet and pulled it forward. Now at home I try to wear it retracted as much as I can, although when the itch becomes too annoying to ignore I have to pull the foreskin forward again for some minutes. The itch is only in the foreskin area, not in the glans nor any other part of the penis.

I guess the desensitization process will take a while... What do you guys think about the itch? Is it normal? Should I be worried? Maybe it was the lube I used to keep the foreskin tucked in behind the glans (just some hair conditioning as it is very slippery). I won't use that shit tonight and see if tomorrow's better. Maybe I should get a proper intimate lube/gel at the sex shop that's nearby.

Offline soundsgreat87

Re: My Retraction experience (updates)
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-24 17:51:20 »
I think the hair conditioner could be contributing to the itch, but in my experience the itch is there even without any kind of lube or devices. It seems to be the inner foreskin that's most prone to it, and pubes make it worse. I could never go fully shaven, but I do trim the hair around my cock a little shorter and shave the shaft smooth. This seems to reduce the amount of inner-foreskin-itchiness.

Offline Aftskin

• NSFW Access
Re: My Retraction experience (updates)
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-25 02:02:28 »
Yeah, the inner foreskin will likely get itchy sometimes while its getting used to being in a drier environment. Even more likely if you use strong soap and other stuff that removes oil from skin. Using a moisturiser should help with itching and shouldn't slow the skins acclimatisation.
Hadds, in your case I think the skin is itching also because it is under constant mild tension and so is stretching. Stretching skin can often be itchy. The swelling of inner foreskin is normal, it's edema caused by a slight reduction of oxygen in the skin that is not used to being folded back and pressed on by the ridged band. The skin soon gets used to this though and the edema goes away. I don't think you have any need to worry about paraphimosis, the edema is only dangerous to people who have very tight foreskin.
Permanently retracted since September of 2010.