News:

A forum for people interested in keeping the foreskin pulled back — be it for fun, for health reasons or anything else: Let's share experience, methods, stories and all that about our pulled back foreskins.

NB. This is not a circumcision support group. While there's no problem with cut guys, this isn't your place to live out your foreskin removal fetish — plenty of forums for that elsewhere.

Other than that: please read the Readme in the readme forum, write an intro... have fun I guess? :)

Please note that registration is manually approved due to Russian bot spam. Do not register multiple accounts, just wait till approved.

Main Menu

How long does it take for Keratinization of circumcised glans?

Started by bareuncut, 2022-11-05 10:49:31

Previous topic - Next topic

bareuncut

When I was training retraction in my early 20s, the hardest challenge was the desensitising process of the glans. Progress towards keratinization of the glans was slow and the temptation to roll-forward the foreskin was hard to overcome. I used to roll-forward my foreskin before urination and pull it back afterwards until reaching high degree of keratinization (about 3-6 months). How does it work for a circumcised penis? I imagine circumcised glans must be fully keratinizied. Is the desensitising process quicker when the foreskin is removed?

Pre-puberty circumcision is a cultural tradition in my wife's family. She says it takes about 6 weeks to heal after circumcision. It took me about 2 years to achieve permanent retraction in my 20s. If keratinization of a circumcised glans is complete in 6 weeks then circumcision is much faster procedure to expose glans.
Retracted since 1996. Straight. Married. Wife appreciate status.

hung.part.timer

Circed glans is fully keratinized and the rate would be the same as someone that's keeping their foreskin back and glans exposed 24/7.

ThePiemel

It seems a generic function of the skin. We all have a lot of more or less unexposed skin, next to exposed skin.

Like for instance the inside of your mouth. When that is the case (the mouth is a great example) there is a whole mechanism to protect the skin. Like enzymes. In the mouth so potent that any bad bacteria needs to dig in deep in things like teeth to survive. They need deep shelters!  :)

The covered glans has a similar mechanism. There are tiny glands under the ridge of the glans that produce similar material like the enzymes in the mouth. Potent stuff, because bad bacteria won't stand a chance while there are no teeth to dig in to on this side of the body. It does however create the smell of smegma. That is because your defenses work very well. When you do not wash the outside skin regularly, there are more bad bacteria around trying to sneak in. So the smegma smell increases with it.

Outer skin uses a different mechanism for defenses. It uses a combination of good bacteria and good fungi who keep bad microbes out. Like we use dogs and geese to chase the bad guys off the land. The goods bacteria and fungi need a place to live: a slightly thicker skin. Mostly made of keratine.

Our auto-repair system of the skin quickly detects the change. Once exposed, it tosses the thinner outer layer and replaces it with a thicker layer. What you see is peeling. It happens in about two days. No matter where on the body.

It happens on an exposed glans as it would happen if you would pull your lip down permanently. That part would peel too.

When temporary, it reverses. Like those who permanently retracted on and off have seen their glans peel every time. Actually when your de-expose, the skin peels too. To the thinner layer. But you won't see it. Or on a de-exposed glans, a bit more smegma for a day.

The short answer thus is, it makes no difference whether you permanently retract or get circumcised. The skin peels just the same.

Nothing to be scared off, or to worry about. It is just one of our amazing bodily functions! Or solid proof you have a clever dick!  ;D